Star Wars survey from Disney

Festivus

I am of the mind that a Indiana Jones ride would be better off in DAK's Asia or as the anchor of a "South America" area than being squeezed into MK's Adventureland.

I definitely think that even just converting Sounds Dangerous into a Jedi Academy/Dagobah interior, bulldozing Epic Stunt Spectacular in favor of two new rides, & replacing Backlot express with the Cantina and a counter service, and giving the whole thing a Mos Eisley/Tatooine overlay gives you a "land" similar is scope to Cars Land and Harry Potter. I suspect it's exactly what TDO is looking for and would be a good first step in refreshing DHS.

(You could even put a crashed X-Wing in Echo lake!)
Star-Wars-Weekends-Poster-Luke-Skywalker.jpg
I have always hoped for a full scale model of the Millenium Falcon you could actually walk through.

Festivus

Certainly. Thereby appeasing investors. Hopefully.
I'm not sure how that would play with the average family on vacation, having to pay extra for what amounts to a Star Wars land. That could turn people off when they see they can go to IOA and get WWOHP in addition to all the other attractions the park offers. I think it would come accross as Disney trying to gouge their guests. I personally would pay to see a SW themed boutique park, but I'm not sure every visitor would feel the same.

WDW1974

Is the Marvel stuff at HKDL going into the space formerly allocated for Star Wars or a different area?

I haven't heard exactly, but I have to believe it is going to a different locale (it was reported that way by HK media) as the Star Tours pad is big enough for just one attraction and a small retail locale.

WDW1974

Interesting, as an aside, I hope Disney has plans for rebooting Indiana jones somehow. It would be great if they were able to make it like 007 where they would have a new actor every 3-5 films.

I've asked around with folks and the answer is basically they don't. Things could change, but they have little interest in Indy right now ... and, personally, I couldn't see another actor playing the role. Some roles aren't meant to be recast.

While I liked the Star Trek reboot, there will only be ONE James T. Kirk and that is Shatner. ... But maybe in 15 years they'll be far enough removed from Harrison Ford that they can attempt an Indy project without him.

WDW1974

Nathan Fillion, first.

Then maybe Liam Hemsworth.

And put me in the group that says burn Indy Stunt Show down, use the area for SW expansion and add Indy to Adventureland!

Don't have any comment on your post ... but I LOVE your name (which I have a feeling ain't your REAL name) ... are you like Lou Mongello's hot young cousin from Jersey that he's kept working at the restaurant in Naples?

spaceghost

I've asked around with folks and the answer is basically they don't. Things could change, but they have little interest in Indy right now ... and, personally, I couldn't see another actor playing the role. Some roles aren't meant to be recast.

While I liked the Star Trek reboot, there will only be ONE James T. Kirk and that is Shatner. ... But maybe in 15 years they'll be far enough removed from Harrison Ford that they can attempt an Indy project without him.
Those were my exact thoughts. It will be quite some time before I could see anyone else playing adult Indy. I suppose a younger Indy (after the show and before the movies) might be possible...

Calvin Coolidge

I have always hoped for a full scale model of the Millenium Falcon you could actually walk through.

That's one of the reasons I think building Mos Eisley is perfect: It's a spaceport, and one that the Millenium Falcon has visited more than once. And the Cantina is there, too!

Festivus

Those were my exact thoughts. It will be quite some time before I could see anyone else playing adult Indy. I suppose a younger Indy (after the show and before the movies) might be possible...
I guess I feel that there is life left in that franchise. Yes, Harrison Ford will always be Indy in my eyes, but there's rumors of them having a stand-alone young-ish Han Solo SW film. If they can have a different actor play Solo, why not Indy? In fact, it would be cool, in an homage to Harrison Ford, have the same actor play both roles. Just an idea...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I guess I feel that there is life left in that franchise. Yes, Harrison Ford will always be Indy in my eyes, but there's rumors of them having a stand-alone young-ish Han Solo SW film. If they can have a different actor play Solo, why not Indy? In fact, it would be cool, in an homage to Harrison Ford, have the same actor play both roles. Just an idea...

If you have Netflix, check out "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones"

Festivus

If only River Phoenix was still around...
tumblr_lm7ljsHvaA1qci4ejo1_500.gif
Yes, that would be a great choice, but obviously not possible. I guess he would be just the right age now to be an adult Indy. But that goes to my point that 5 actors have already played the role of Indy in films and television, so what would be so terrible about a reboot with a new actor?

Sue_Vongello

Don't have any comment on your post ... but I LOVE your name (which I have a feeling ain't your REAL name) ... are you like Lou Mongello's hot young cousin from Jersey that he's kept working at the restaurant in Naples?

LOL ... no no obviously my name is not Sue Vongello. I have this silly character in my head that I created and it makes me laugh ... it's of the bizarro world's version of ole Lou ... remember bizarro superman and the bizarro world? (**Yes I am an old fan girl (woman) but thank you so much for insinuating I was a hot and young**) Everything in bizarro world was the opposite, right? So, naturally a certain wdw radio host in the bizarro world would be the opposite, so ... basically ... a tall woman who is the leader of an underground resistance against the current TDO ... anyway ... it's silly but that's the "history" behind the name.

PhotoDave219

kind of an awesome (probably unintended) pun.

anyway, we can hem and haw about the specifics, but the fact of the matter is this: if DHS adds a star wars land, it probably overtakes EPCOT in attendance within a year or two of its opening. it'd be a game changer for the studios; one that it's desperately in need of.

Gonna have to overtake DAK first.... Long way to go to pass Epcot.

WDW1974

LOL ... no no obviously my name is not Sue Vongello. I have this silly character in my head that I created and it makes me laugh ... it's of the bizarro world's version of ole Lou ... remember bizarro superman and the bizarro world? (**Yes I am an old fan girl (woman) but thank you so much for insinuating I was a hot and young**) Everything in bizarro world was the opposite, right? So, naturally a certain wdw radio host in the bizarro world would be the opposite, so ... basically ... a tall woman who is the leader of an underground resistance against the current TDO ... anyway ... it's silly but that's the "history" behind the name.

Well, I am sure there has to be someone named Sue Vongello out there, right? Now, I like anyone that can poke some fun at Loveable Lou Mongello (because, frankly, anytime I see a picture of him or hear him I kinda want to vomit) so I give you props for being so creative. And you're only as old as you feel (but BOTOX can help, I know what I am speaking of!) ... as to fangirl/woman. I have never heard it uttered inside WDI, just fanboi (which seems to bothers lots of guys, who don't like the way it is spelled and others who think they are men and not boys).

Anyway, you caught my attention ... so let me give you a Spirited welcome to the world of MAGIC. Oh, and don't mind ole JT ... bless his heart, he's fine so long as 'Mommy' gives him his meds!

WDW1974

Gonna have to overtake DAK first.... Long way to go to pass Epcot.

Yep. Studios and DAK may keep flip-flopping. Everest certainly has helped DAK's numbers, no doubt. Even having longer hours has as well.

But recall it wasn't too long ago that Disney was having the Studios basically commit a ritualistic suicide .... remember summer weekends with 7 p.m. closings and Fantasmic being shown only three nights a week? That just made DAK jumping it a foregone conclusion.

And kudos to the NBA champion Miami Heat who lost tonight for the first time since February 1st, a truly amazing streak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom