Star Wars survey from Disney

WDW1974

The Chinese like Green Hulk Monsters better than Wookies?

I think Marvel is a better known BRAND over there. Now, whether that was factored in, I dunno. I do know that original plans for SDL included a Marvel component and now there will be no presence there.

Very possible that Disney will do something with Star Wars there and keep Marvel in HKDL.

Californian Elitist

Star Wars content is being added to DLP soon. Clearly, with all the surveying (because Disney lacks any and all trust in itself and its people) being commissioned, Disney is gauging what might happen at DLR and WDW in the future. But HKDL, which has an expansion pad for Star Tours, will not be getting anything Star Wars related. That was an idea and Disney decided on Marvel instead. I would have preferred SW myself.

No Star Wars Land at the DLR, please.

Sue_Vongello

We shall see. I don't think a 'land' will happen there. An increased presence is possible. But Disney doesn't know itself right now IF that makes ya feel any better!

Are you saying they don't know for DL or WDW? Is the lack of rumors/announcements for DHS related to their hesitation about what to do with SW?

WDW1974

Are you saying they don't know for DL or WDW? Is the lack of rumors/announcements for DHS related to their hesitation about what to do with SW?

I think they have no idea what they're going to do at DL and WDW in the large sense. I do predict a larger presence at the Studios in the not too distant future, but not in the form of big E-Ticket attractions ... rather more dining and retail and area development.

RunnerEd

I think they have no idea what they're going to do at DL and WDW in the large sense. I do predict a larger presence at the Studios in the not too distant future, but not in the form of big E-Ticket attractions ... rather more dining and retail and area development.

Well at least that's something which is far better than the nothing that has been happening....

Taylor

IMO if they want a larger Star Wars presence in DHS then they have to go big or not build it all I don't like the idea of just moving an outside show inside and building a restaurant I think it would be a waste of perfectly good opportunity with the IP

doctornick

But HKDL, which has an expansion pad for Star Tours, will not be getting anything Star Wars related. That was an idea and Disney decided on Marvel instead. I would have preferred SW myself.

Is the Marvel stuff at HKDL going into the space formerly allocated for Star Wars or a different area?

Festivus

Using Star Tours as an anchor, they should bulldoze Sounds Dangerous and Indy, even fill in the dinosaur pond and build out for a Carsland quality Star Wars land with another ride. Indy should be moved to Adventureland in a new attraction, not sure where/how, maybe get rid of the tree house.

jt04

Using Star Tours as an anchor, they should bulldoze Sounds Dangerous and Indy, even fill in the dinosaur pond and build out for a Carsland quality Star Wars land with another ride. Indy should be moved to Adventureland in a new attraction, not sure where/how, maybe get rid of the tree house.

I still think a boutique park works better in the long term for the franchise. A modest 'land' at DHS and a boutique park with room to grow, yeah that would work.

Festivus

I still think a boutique park works better in the long term for the franchise. A modest 'land' at DHS and a boutique park with room to grow, yeah that would work.
A boutique park would be nice, but wouldnt they have to charge a separate admission?

doctornick

There is an expansion plot in Adventureland behind the Jungle Cruise, where Fire Mountain was to be placed. It would be similar to how IJ is in DL -- would have a long queue to get to outside the berm before the actual ride building.

Festivus

There is an expansion plot in Adventureland behind the Jungle Cruise, where Fire Mountain was to be placed. It would be similar to how IJ is in DL -- would have a long queue to get to outside the berm before the actual ride building.
Interesting, as an aside, I hope Disney has plans for rebooting Indiana jones somehow. It would be great if they were able to make it like 007 where they would have a new actor every 3-5 films.

Sue_Vongello

Interesting, as an aside, I hope Disney has plans for rebooting Indiana jones somehow. It would be great if they were able to make it like 007 where they would have a new actor every 3-5 films.

Nathan Fillion, first.

Then maybe Liam Hemsworth.

And put me in the group that says burn Indy Stunt Show down, use the area for SW expansion and add Indy to Adventureland!

Turtle

Would there even be a small ride like a c-ticket?

Sue_Vongello

Would there even be a small ride like a c-ticket?

It seems like they could easily take Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and re-theme it to pod racing ... they could put an elevated queue around it so it looks like a stadium in Tattooine and hide it from normal guest view walking around it. And that would provide a family option.

Although I hate the prequels I am just trying to throw out there that I think there are easy low cost solutions that they should entertain in addition to the Cantina, etc ...

Calvin Coolidge

I am of the mind that a Indiana Jones ride would be better off in DAK's Asia or as the anchor of a "South America" area than being squeezed into MK's Adventureland.

I definitely think that even just converting Sounds Dangerous into a Jedi Academy/Dagobah interior, bulldozing Epic Stunt Spectacular in favor of two new rides, & replacing Backlot express with the Cantina and a counter service, and giving the whole thing a Mos Eisley/Tatooine overlay gives you a "land" similar is scope to Cars Land and Harry Potter. I suspect it's exactly what TDO is looking for and would be a good first step in refreshing DHS.

(You could even put a crashed X-Wing in Echo lake!)
Star-Wars-Weekends-Poster-Luke-Skywalker.jpg

magicallactose

Nathan Fillion, first.

Then maybe Liam Hemsworth.

And put me in the group that says burn Indy Stunt Show down, use the area for SW expansion and add Indy to Adventureland!

Agreed! Nathan Fillion has exactly the right mix of swagger, charm, and goffyness to play Indy. He's also very nice to look at.

About Star Wars -- I'm of two minds about a Phase 1 of Star Wars land in DHS that only includes retail and dining. On one hand, I think it's a smart move and analogous to what Universal Studios is doing with their Simpsons expansion. They are expanding it into a mini-land with additional food options and facades that will make great photo ops.

If, like Universal, Disney intends on never adding anything else of significance to the area, then cool.

On the other hand, if Disney is really banking on a Phase 2 with an E-ticket addition, I think they should roll out the land all at the same time for full impact. Didn't they learn anything from the Fantasyland Expansion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom