Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

PB Watermelon

I know the leak. It’s really stupid.

And Anakin doing it wasn’t a problem until the how of it was explained many years later. Until RotS it could’ve easily been assumed that Force Ghosts were just Jedi you personally knew and were able to appear to you or something like that.

They'll explain it like certain somebody saved certain other somebody through the Force in a comic or novel. It's just how fantasy fiction rolls. You can pretty much do anything. Even have 80-year-old vampires sparkling in the daylight who still go to High School. Can you imagine being 80 years old and attending High School? I'd find a way to bite my own neck.

CinematicFusion

I said a few years ago, and it's still true: Kathleen Kennedy is near retirement age. And so, she'll retire. And all the haters who've been demanding/surmising her firing will congratulate themselves for getting her fired when she retires.
Who cares how she goes, She will be gone... everyone wins. Well, except Luke Skywalker. He is damaged goods now. Be hard to fix him after the last episode.
0F020C8C-EB42-4554-A832-BF5AF4A64D24.gif

But, we shall see if J.J. can.

Mike S

Who cares how she goes, She will be gone... everyone wins. Well, except Luke Skywalker. He is damaged goods now. Be hard to fix him after the last episode. View attachment 434242

They had lightning in a bottle handed to them on a silver freaking platter. I was giddy in the theater just seeing HIS NAME in the opening crawl of TFA.

Idiots the lot of them.

Last edited:

Rob562

Okay so get a boarding pass and then with the DAS I would be able to go through the fastpass line. Thats good to know. I have issues with long lines and standing around. I need to be able to sit when needed or walk around. Plus being jammed in with huge mounts of people crowding me is not something i can do lol

At least for the interior parts of the queue they built in a lot of rockwork "benches" along the way for people to sit on if needed. I'd estimate that about 40-50% of the indoor queue could all sit down at the same time.

-Rob

ChrisFL

Premium Member
One very minor nitpick that I would have liked to see on the ride, and I'll add a spoiler tag, though this REALLY isn't much fo a spoiler , it's about the location where most of the action takes place

I wish there was more low whirring engine sounds and very slight vibrating/rumbling feeling while you're in the Star Destroyer...to give the impression that you're in space and not just in different rooms that could be anywhere. I feel like for some of the areas you walk through it would be a very easy thing to do.

I just listened to Alicia Stella's Parkscope podcast and she mentioned my nitpick is actually different than her experience, so maybe it just wasn't on/working during my experience

aluisi

And yet Disney theme parks are your entertainment choice, curious....

Why yes they are as well as other parks. I know my way around parks to avoid people. I have had two operations and have nerve damage that makes standing in one place for a long period of time very hard for me and painful. Some goes for sitting. I need room to move about if I need to. If a line is constantly moving its okay when I am stuck and have people up my butt and no room to move it causes me pain and panic attacks. Its not fun so I avoid what I can but doesnt mean I should avoid life and having fun 🙂

rle4lunch

We're heading down there from 23 Jan-30 Jan. If the boarding passes are still in use, we're looking into the minnie van service. What's the earliest they start running in the morning? (can't uber with small kids)

bubbles1812

At least for the interior parts of the queue they built in a lot of rockwork "benches" along the way for people to sit on if needed. I'd estimate that about 40-50% of the indoor queue could all sit down at the same time.

-Rob
I noticed that and though I didn’t have the opportunity to use them ;) I was very pleased to see them. Whenever they finally start using standby, that’ll be nice for people and their tired feet.

disneygeek90

I just listened to Alicia Stella's Parkscope podcast and she mentioned my nitpick is actually different than her experience, so maybe it just wasn't on/working during my experience
You know what, now that you mention it my friend did ask me if we were moving and I was quick to write him off. But I guess we were.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There's only one thing that slightly took me out of the experience on my single ride-through yesterday

I hate to say it, because some may take this the wrong way, but once the door was opened from the interrogation room, a little old lady is the one who said she's from the resistance and to get into your vehicle. For some reason I couldn't picture her cutting the doorway :p

PB Watermelon

Who cares how she goes, She will be gone... everyone wins. Well, except Luke Skywalker. He is damaged goods now. Be hard to fix him after the last episode. View attachment 434242

How do we all win exactly? Unless someone else hand-picked by Lucas, someone with 30 years of film production experience or talent comes on board, how do we win?

As for the snark about The Last Jedi, which I'm getting tired of, we're all damaged goods. No one gets out of the world without regret. Luke held himself to an impossible standard with two fundamentally opposing impulses. Went into depression and exile and sacrifice, and then made the ultimate sacrifice. You wanted Superhero Luke, not Human Luke. But sure, judge away.

RobWDW1971

We're all damaged goods. No one gets out of the world without regret. Luke held himself to an impossible standard with two fundamentally opposing impulses. Went into depression and exile and sacrifice, and then made the ultimate sacrifice. You wanted Superhero Luke, not Human Luke. But sure, judge away.
I just wanted a Luke squeezing utters on an island so I’m good.

PB Watermelon

We're all damaged goods. No one gets out of the world without regret. Luke held himself to an impossible standard with two fundamentally opposing impulses. Went into depression and exile and sacrifice, and then made the ultimate sacrifice. You wanted Superhero Luke, not Human Luke. But sure, judge away.

If Favreau and Filoni want to make Star Wars movies, go for it. Just get ready for the griping when they're re-spinning other movies.

CinematicFusion

They had lightning in a bottle handed to them on a silver freaking platter. I was giddy in the theater just seeing his NAME in the opening crawl of TFA.

Idiots the lot of them.
Agree
How do we all win exactly? Unless someone else hand-picked by Lucas, someone with 30 years of film production experience or talent comes on board, how do we win?

As for the snark about The Last Jedi, which I'm getting tired of, we're all damaged goods. No one gets out of the world without regret. Luke held himself to an impossible standard with two fundamentally opposing impulses. Went into depression and exile and sacrifice, and then made the ultimate sacrifice. You wanted Superhero Luke, not Human Luke. But sure, judge away.

Last Jedi was terrible.... I don’t care what you are getting tired of.
I wanted a more complex version of Luke that more adhered to the character created by Lucas. Mark Hamill also agrees.
He went into hiding because he woke up in the middle of the night after taking a pee break, check in on his nephew... saw he was having a bad dream and decided to kill him????? What the heck was that???
Brutal!
It’s refreshing to see more and more coming out and agreeing with Hamill.
To your point... yes I would rather have a over the top Super hero Skywalker or maybe a Skywalker that hid and trained in the force waiting for the right moment to strike... maybe he goes dark? 1,000 different better ideas then the waste of screen time Rian Johnson created.

You and I can talk all day about the greatness of Rise of Resistance, the fun of Force Awakens... but I’ll never see Last Jedi as anything more then trash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom