Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

yensidtlaw1969

..."A possibility" can be by insiders or outsiders. None of my insiders have mentioned this at all, at either land,
They only hint of a future was that a 3rd expansion pad is available at both lands but not expected to be considered until 2029
On this topic, it interests me that the expansion pads at both lands earmarked for 3rd attractions don't seem to be In the same place. DL's seems to be up by Kylo's ship while WDW's is down across from Rise of the Resistance. By their own rules, attractions in such locations would have to be super different to make thematic sense. Is there a chance we see the Galaxy's Edges each expand with a different attraction?

Movielover

I still don't like SW being in Disney parks, but if the ride is rethemed to the OT I'd totally considering riding it. UNLESS we get geriatric Han Solo/Leia/Luke instead of the way they were in the OT. That's when they were fun. That's when they were great.

So you haven't even experience the attraction yet you form a biased opinion and want to strip away the experience from others who have yet to ride it just to fit your narrow view. Got it.

3c13ec6ac602f096cd08a8dbba27a54b.gif

CinematicFusion

There’s no reason Rise of the Resistance should be rethemed. It’s been very well-received and a retheme would result in a lot of issues. Smuggler’s Run is the clear choice to retheme with Han and Chewbacca in the preshow, OT content in the ride video, and a better storyline.
Yeah but it would have been sooo much cooler if Darth Vader was the one chasing you and Luke, Hand and Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3po were the ones helping you escape. Is what it is. Still a great ride.

Tavernacle12

tenor.gif

That’s the worst part to you? I mean I don’t want to start this debate but, really?

There’s more ‘new’ things in most single shots of the prequels than there is in the entirety of TFA. Star Wars is supposed to be creative and adventurous and the ST just copy pasted all the ships/vehicles/planets/armies we already had and gave them different names.

I get that they wanted to remind people of why they loved Star Wars after the prequel blowback but would it have been that hard to do something besides the same x-wings and tie fighters? Or to at least add some new ships besides them?

I actually like how Galaxy’s Edge works. Architecturally and lore-wise it reminds me of Clone Wars and Rogue One, with the lived in quality of the OT and the characters of the ST.

CinematicFusion

They already made that ride, It's called Star Tours, and the entrance is right down the pathway.
please.... Look Rise of the Resistance is an outstanding ride but you can't help but feel there is a missed opportunity there.
To spend 1 billion on a New Star Wars park and not include Darth Vader and company blows my mind.
It's a complete head scratcher to me???

Sorry Vader.... you aren't allowed in Galaxy's Edge.
303077997_1280x720.jpg

I get you don't care...but the decision feels out of touch and already feels dated. Disney took on a huge risk with these new characters as the focal point of the new land but in my opinion they just don't have the gravitas of Vader, Han, Luke, ect.

Doesn't mean the park isn't a success, it feels it's missing that extra ingredient. You have a different opionion....nothing wrong with that.

What would have been cool would have been to have built Batuu at both themeparks but use the Old Trilogy characters at Disneyland escaping the Death Star that hovered over Batuu and then being able to fly Han Solo's Falcon. Bring Batuu into the OT.

Then when you went to Orlando, you could see Batuu years later in the New Triogy with the New Order as bad guys and escaping From Ren.

Would have fit perfectly with the theme that Batuu has been around a long time.

Is what it is.

Mike S

Thank you. It’s still a possibility, not a probability.
1576511105796.gif
They already made that ride, It's called Star Tours, and the entrance is right down the pathway.
Luke and Han don’t appear in Star Tours though. Plus only C3PO and R2 appear as AAs from that list.
There’s more ‘new’ things in most single shots of the prequels than there is in the entirety of TFA. Star Wars is supposed to be creative and adventurous and the ST just copy pasted all the ships/vehicles/planets/armies we already had and gave them different names.

I get that they wanted to remind people of why they loved Star Wars after the prequel blowback but would it have been that hard to do something besides the same x-wings and tie fighters? Or to at least add some new ships besides them?

I actually like how Galaxy’s Edge works. Architecturally and lore-wise it reminds me of Clone Wars and Rogue One, with the lived in quality of the OT and the characters of the ST.
Yes and I get that. But that’s not the “worst” part.
please.... Look Rise of the Resistance is an outstanding ride but you can't help but feel there is a missed opportunity there.
To spend 1 billion on a New Star Wars park and not include Darth Vader and company blows my mind.
It's a complete head scratcher to me???

Sorry Vader.... you aren't allowed in Galaxy's Edge.
View attachment 434172

I get you don't care...but the decision feels out of touch and already feels dated. Disney took on a huge risk with these new characters as the focal point of the new land but in my opinion they just don't have the gravitas of Vader, Han, Luke, ect.

Doesn't mean the park isn't a success, it feels it's missing that extra ingredient. You have a different opionion....nothing wrong with that.

What would have been cool would have been to have built Batuu at both themeparks but use the Old Trilogy characters at Disneyland escaping the Death Star that hovered over Batuu and then being able to fly Han Solo's Falcon. Bring Batuu into the OT.

Then when you went to Orlando, you could see Batuu years later in the New Triogy with the New Order as bad guys and escaping From Ren.

Would have fit perfectly with the theme that Batuu has been around a long time.

Is what it is.
Flip that around so California keeps the new which they seem to love so much and we get the OT in DHS.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
One very minor nitpick that I would have liked to see on the ride, and I'll add a spoiler tag, though this REALLY isn't much fo a spoiler , it's about the location where most of the action takes place

I wish there was more low whirring engine sounds and very slight vibrating/rumbling feeling while you're in the Star Destroyer...to give the impression that you're in space and not just in different rooms that could be anywhere. I feel like for some of the areas you walk through it would be a very easy thing to do.

WDWFREAK53

Question,

Does DAS work on Rise? Or do you still have to virtual queue?

You need a boarding pass but then (if there is a wait inside), you would go through the Fastpass line...versus the standby.
When I went on opening day there was about a 25 minute wait in the standby line (the line ended at the backside of water :) ).
I also went back the following day with about a 5 minute wait in the standby.

aluisi

You need a boarding pass but then (if there is a wait inside), you would go through the Fastpass line...versus the standby.
When I went on opening day there was about a 25 minute wait in the standby line (the line ended at the backside of water :) ).
I also went back the following day with about a 5 minute wait in the standby.

Okay so get a boarding pass and then with the DAS I would be able to go through the fastpass line. Thats good to know. I have issues with long lines and standing around. I need to be able to sit when needed or walk around. Plus being jammed in with huge mounts of people crowding me is not something i can do lol

disneygeek90

Okay so get a boarding pass and then with the DAS I would be able to go through the fastpass line. Thats good to know. I have issues with long lines and standing around. I need to be able to sit when needed or walk around. Plus being jammed in with huge mounts of people crowding me is not something i can do lol
Even the standby moves quick. That's the benefit of the VQ, they can control how many are entering and stagger when needed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
She might be packing her bags soon to visit said family after the release of ROS.

I said a few years ago, and it's still true: Kathleen Kennedy is near retirement age. And so, she'll retire. And all the haters who've been demanding/surmising her firing will congratulate themselves for getting her fired when she retires.

ToTBellHop

I said a few years ago, and it's still true: Kathleen Kennedy is near retirement age. And so, she'll retire. And all the haters who've been demanding/surmising her firing will congratulate themselves for getting her fired when she retires.
I will personally oust Iger two years from now. You’re welcome. I’ve picked Bob Chapek as his replacement. Feel free to applaud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom