Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mergatroid

Where are people getting the GPS info from? That logic just doesn’t make sense. Disney is qualifying “being in the park” as a scanned in ticket entrance. Just as they track how many visits APs have to Epcot for their cutting board/coasters/etc.

By that logic each person would need to book their own group on their own phone, since Disney would need to “check” if person B, C and D that person A tried to group up are all in the park via GPS.

It's what I've read on here?

ToTBellHop

Talked to some imagineers about capacity last week. They said it was running roughly at 1000 out of 1700.
When it’s running, it can pull that. Given downtime, it averages closer to 800 over 14 hours. Some days better than others of course.

100,000 people have ridden...although some people on these very boards seem to have already ridden 57 times. Don’t get fired...

The Pho

When it’s running, it can pull that. Given downtime, it averages closer to 800 over 14 hours. Some days better than others of course.

100,000 people have ridden...although some people on these very boards seem to have already ridden 57 times. Don’t get fired...
Ya they like to skirt around the downtime talk. So “running at” only helps when it’s actually running. It’ll be interesting to see how the dynamics change as they double the capacity, fix reliability, and move away from boarding groups.

I know a few that managed 7 full rides opening day alone, then over a dozen on the first few days.

DarkMetroid567

Where are people getting the GPS info from? That logic just doesn’t make sense. Disney is qualifying “being in the park” as a scanned in ticket entrance. Just as they track how many visits APs have to Epcot for their cutting board/coasters/etc.

By that logic each person would need to book their own group on their own phone, since Disney would need to “check” if person B, C and D that person A tried to group up are all in the park via GPS.

This is correct. Try turning your GPS off and it will still work. Scanning into Hollywood Studios is enough.

YodaMan

^Also regarding the colors for rows: Does it make sense within the story that the First Order is assigning us a color and then, after the Resistance bursts in, they have us boarding a vehicle with the corresponding colors?

It mildly works. In the context of the ride, the droids are reprogrammed but still pretending like we are prisoners in case anyone is watching us. Makes sense that we would still be in our assigned prison row colors to keep up the act that we aren’t being broken out.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The real question is would this be something that would be rotated in temporarily like HMH or would it be permanent?
That's a very interesting point. Maybe every few months or so they would rotate it from the OT to the ST. It seems like a lot of work. Plus I'm sure Disney would not want to have the ride and land closed for a long period of time to rotate stuff.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
That's a very interesting point. Maybe every few months or so they would rotate it from the OT to the ST. It seems like a lot of work. Plus I'm sure Disney would not want to have the ride and land closed for a long period of time to rotate stuff.

1576432697376.png

I just want a Darth Vader AA! Even an Emperor AA would be great!

Rob562

Can't be helped but wow - look at those scuff marks on the floor :-(
(photo: @bioreconstruct)

View attachment 433627

Now that WDI knows where the scuff marks will be and what color/texture they'll be, I wonder if they could create fake tracks leading up to/through the doors that you're obviously not going through because the scuffs dead-end before them.

If you can't beat them, use them to misdirect the riders.

-Rob

Bleed0range

It wouldn’t surprise me at if they rethemed it to the OT several years after the ST has finished.

I’m not actually that big of a fan of the sequel trilogy but I think this would be kind of a dumb move. If you think about the fact that the prequel trilogy is now well received by many because of all the kids who grew up with it that are now 20 something you can imagine in 5-10 years you’ll start to see a similar effect with kids growing up with the ST now.

15 years ago all I heard was George ruined this or ruined that and now I just hear Disney ruined this or that and that George would have done a better job if involved.

I actually don’t think you can win with this land. Too many people feel a certain way about it compared to what they thought it would be and it will never make everyone happy.

At the end of the day these are all shallow aesthetic changes. First Order is basically just the Empire. Kylo is Vader. Etc. Maybe I’m just more open minded but I like the idea of being in the SW universe not just in the years of the Empire. I would be happier if they just made what they have more interesting. Like adding back in that bounty hunter character or even some Mandalorians (they don’t have to be THE Mandalorian).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's crazy Disney is actually considering it.

Before SWL was built, some talking head imagineers said the land was designed that it could be updated to account for new movies or even to go back to older ones.

But before anyone gets their hopes up, remember that the Indy, Ariel, and Belle theaters are also updatable. How has that been working out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom