Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
More photos:

Everyone is in awe and taking pictures, but First Order officers rush you off to the right:

IMG_6342.jpeg

Here you walk through this corridor ...

IMG_6350.jpeg

... and you arrive in this area, where they ask you for the number in your party. I held up two fingers and said "I am not telling you anything
😠"

IMG_6355.jpeg

There are two corridors, to the left and right of the two Storm Troopers above, each with 4 (?) doors to holding cells:

IMG_6357.jpeg

They tell your party to stand on orange, white, red or blue. This corresponds to the 4 rows in the 2 ride vehicles that your prison cellmates will end up using, so you have to remember your color.

IMG_6359.jpeg

The long and short lines have no meaning. This is perhaps a little confusing, as in other attractions you are used to stand on a number or circle.

IMG_6361.jpeg

The First Order officers are great: 😂

IMG_6362.jpeg

Being interrogated by Kylo Ren in the holding cell. It is obviously a screen, but kind of cool that it is between bars to make it look slightly more real, especially with their shadows on the bars as they walk by.

IMG_6366.jpeg

Then you are 'broken out' by the resistance as they 'cut' a hole in the wall of your prison cell. This photo is looking back at where you broke out, after they placed the piece of wall back:

IMG_6371.jpeg

There are large screens beside each of the two trackless vehicles, with Finn showing your mission using animations:

IMG_6368.jpeg

Last edited:

A Noble Fish

They were just reporting the facts, not stirring the pot. If that were the only article discussing the new ride, I may agree bias. But they also had positive coverage.

Screenshot-2019-12-06-07-04-50.png
With all due respect, you missed my point, and the headline I showcased did in fact attempt to gain clicks through sensationalism.

This specific article alone is not a big deal at all. You could just balk it up to them literally reporting everything that happened tweets and all; which is not exactly good journalism, but useful in this instance. They did, good and bad, but to me, a headline (and sub-headline) like that was, intentional or not, used to find its place on the top of Google’s algorithm among other articles. That’s what I’m saying and I don’t think you’d disagree with me there.

In the same vein, it’s unlikely Disney would be giving out free tickets if it wasn’t for the good publicity they would receive. Galaxy’s Edge was a rare miscalculation for the marketing powerhouse, so I’m not saying you shouldn’t criticize them when appropriate. It’s just that good journalism doesn’t use hollow, pointless headlines to gain attention, and instead is trusted by always siding with the truth.

Again, RoTR’s headline was complaining about being broken down which is not news at all, while Hagrid’s explained that due to maintenance, the ride would open late and close early. Reporting as a whole faces this issue, not specifically this website where the insignificant is used to incite interest and get clicks. On a theme park forums is one thing where you might need to know that, but from a news station? It’s pretty obvious why it was written. It’s cheaper and easy to just post some tweets and use an attention grabbing headline; there’s a place for that, but not next to some serious reporting. It could have been a solid article being better peer-reviewed and written—headline and body. Furthermore, opening the land early is an entirely separate issue. Here we have the complete product now finished and some people are saying it sucks as if it is a catastrophe like Figment. Not all the wrongs have been righted, but one of the main complaints has, so there’s no need to call blasphemy on it for the sake of it. We could get very philosophical, but I think we both agree on that, and if not that’s fine too! I’m just pumped right now for Orlando’s soon to be 7 theme parks,and that’s why I’m on these forums. I just wanted to clear up some confusion with my last post.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I think Disney warranted the negative reviews by only opening up half the land, especially when ROTR is such an essential experience. Disney should be held accountable for the negative reviews that initially came out about GOG. The negativity will pass especially with how good this attraction is. IMO It's a home run and by far the new best attraction in Disney, if not Orlando, but that is subjective.
I think you missed the point as well. My points raised about flagrant controversy stirring for clicks is still an issue. It’s a societal issue due to human nature, but it relates to this thread so I decided to post on it. Many people are still riding the initial negative buzz for clicks and that is not journalistic at all. I know today people get their news through Facebook, but from journalistic merit alone it should have been at least better worded or cover a different topic. You have to stand out in a sea to get money from ads.

An attraction—like anything in life—can be rated objectively on a technical level, how well its crafted, etc. Humans have to interpret the world around them so sure everything in theory has ‘some’ subjective element, but you can get really close to it. Whether you find entertainment in them is subjective; that is the difference. It’s obviously a stellar ride, but I haven’t been on it so I can’t judge how impressive it really is.

If I worded any of this improperly, know that I mean no harm haha. I just really like good journalism including coverage on theme parks.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Final photos:

It is a big surprise to suddenly arrive outside, and seeing the Lieutenant Bek animatronic again is cool:

IMG_6242.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg

Unloading area:

IMG_6243.jpeg

There were lots of YouTubers out yesterday morning. I saw @przidentkendall of DSNY Newscast, Rob Plays, @Disnerd2003 of Mickey Views , Michael Kay and others.

IMG_6225.jpeg

There were more characters walking around last night than I've seen before, including quite a few X-wing pilots just standing around talking with guests:

IMG_6297.jpeg

IMG_6298.jpeg

On the 'stage' around the X-wing near the Rise of the Resistance entrance some characters were just talking and checking the ship. Some of these people were in the opening ceremony on Wednesday:

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

They were playing loud Star Wars music in this area, which was surprising as there are usually just sounds. This may have something to do with the X-wing drones though, as this was the area where people were waiting for the drones. Not sure if they will continue to play music like this:

Last edited:

No Name

I don’t believe RotR will improve attendance as much as it should because Disney is still learning how to utilize free advertising well. However, word of mouth remains incredibly beneficial and should help.

Squishy

Is being there at rope drop & joining the virtual queue just as you enter a guarantee to get in? unless the ride breaks down ofc

RSoxNo1

Any idea on how many boarding groups were distributed today relative to yesterday? I imagine they dropped the number because it sounds like at least 20 boarding groups got comp tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom