Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

RSoxNo1

Just to be clear @tirian and I went back and forth privately. In short, Fastpass+ is leading to other poor operational decisions that cause inefficiencies. IMO these things are indirectly related to Fastpass+ and the easiest solution to solving this problem is eliminating the advanced booking component. This would allow them to once again eliminate Fastpass on lower crowd days at select attractions.

MDE and Fastpass+ were not the improvement to operational efficiency that Jay Rasulo, Nick Frnaklin, Bruce Vaughn, Tom Staggs, Bob Iger and anyone else that was attached to it claimed it would be.

rowrbazzle

Do you realize this increases capacity and the chance you get to ride it? FP+ is not the same thing as classic paper FP, and you can run a search on these boards to learn why.

I know what FP+ is and have used it extensively. It has been a great timesaver for my family and me. This doesn't increase the chance I get to ride it. It just means I have to wait in a standby line rather than a FP line, which actually makes it less likely that I'll ride. That's a big ole dislike for me.

Fastpass+ lowers operational efficiency. Their words, not mine.

Okay, but that's not my concern. I want to ride it with a short wait and FP allows me to do that.

RSoxNo1

I know what FP+ is and have used it extensively. It has been a great timesaver for my family and me. This doesn't increase the chance I get to ride it. It just means I have to wait in a standby line rather than a FP line, which actually makes it less likely that I'll ride. That's a big ole dislike for me.

Okay, but that's not my concern. I want to ride it with a short wait and FP allows me to do that.
Unless you can't get a Fastpass, and they're subjected to a longer Standby line.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Rise of the Resistance: So sleek. So sterile. So boring.

Now if we heard/saw Han yelling at Chewie to fix something on the Falcon, and Leia making sarcastic remarks, and Vader showing up to stare us down and wield his lightsaber, this thing might be kinda fun. But as it is, despite the dollars spent on this attraction (that would have been put to better use fixing the damn yeti and/or upgrading Pan or Pirates or cloning the excellent-looking Beauty and the Beast ride from Tokyo), it's still a snore IMO.

Nobody will hate the ride...it's a great ride.
People might wish other characters were in the story but that's it.

You were saying? ;)

trainplane3

Minor thoughts from the POV (if they matter at all):
- Looks awesome
- Love the effect of being pushed through the hangar, into the cell, and into the vehicle. Little touch that keeps it in theme. Hopefully they keep the pace.
- Laser effect looks neat when caught on video.
- The music. Is it me or are there only 2 sequel trilogy songs (First order theme and Kylos theme I think?)? Everything else seemed to be from the OT.

mitchiavelli

Minor thoughts from the POV (if they matter at all):
- Looks awesome
- Love the effect of being pushed through the hangar, into the cell, and into the vehicle. Little touch that keeps it in theme. Hopefully they keep the pace.
- Laser effect looks neat when caught on video.
- The music. Is it me or are there only 2 sequel trilogy songs (First order theme and Kylos theme I think?)? Everything else seemed to be from the OT.

Rey's theme is very prominent

Mickeyboof

We’ve known for a while that the trackless portion is roughly 5 minutes. 10 minutes would require many many show stops or an insane amount of size.

Eh, I expected by now with our technology and craftmanship that the ride time could beat out decades old Pirates... but that’s silly thinking.

ToTBellHop

Eh, I expected by now with our technology and craftmanship that the ride time could beat out decades old Pirates... but that’s silly thinking.
Time isn’t everything. Pacing matters. On Pirates we peacefully glide past pirates sacking a city. It was charming in the ‘60s and ‘70s but you’re not realistically going to spend 20 minutes escaping the First Order. They managed an 18 minute experience by including detainment but I can’t think of anything more I’d want from the escape. Room full of singing Baby Yodas? “Small world, it is.”

Mickeyboof

Time isn’t everything. Pacing matters. On Pirates we peacefully glide past pirates sacking a city. It was charming in the ‘60s and ‘70s but you’re not realistically going to spend 20 minutes escaping the First Order. They managed an 18 minute experience by including detainment but I can’t think of anything more I’d want from the escape. Room full of singing Baby Yodas? “Small world, it is.”

Yep, exactly what I meant.

brb1006

Rise of the Resistance: So sleek. So sterile. So boring.

Now if we heard/saw Han yelling at Chewie to fix something on the Falcon, and Leia making sarcastic remarks, and Vader showing up to stare us down and wield his lightsaber, this thing might be kinda fun. But as it is, despite the dollars spent on this attraction (that would have been put to better use fixing the damn yeti and/or upgrading Pan or Pirates or cloning the excellent-looking Beauty and the Beast ride from Tokyo), it's still a snore IMO.
Z7HeRxU.png

Mickeyboof

Great question... I was just thinking this as I head that direction right now... wonder how many of us crazys will be out there hoping to catch a glimpse

On my way right now to do the same...

Toy Story Land seems the best chance for a clear view of the sky. Or the parking lot....?

Marc Davis Fan

One of the GP websites that was apparently invited to the media preview is "The Irish Times," which reported:

There are two routes through the Star Destroyer’s labyrinthine interior, depending on which First Order fleet transport you’re assigned to. One route takes riders past three hulking turbolaser cannons, which recoil as they fire thunderous blasts at the approaching Resistance fleet.In the other scenario, escapees have a thrilling, closer encounter with those formidable AT-ATs.

This is definitely incorrect, right? Both vehicles go through all the main show scenes, with the only difference being where they separate to travel through nearly-identical smaller areas, correct?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well, well, well. Look who was right? Me! I told you to tamper your expectations and keep that same energy. I was 100% dead on when I told you the AT-AT room would look nothing like the commercial and when I correctly predicted those AT-AT heads would not be moving at all just the guns. And I was correct when I said the Kylo saber cutting effect would look nothing like the commercial but look like a saber you get at Savi's cutting through a pre cut hole. And its sooo sloow moving as it cuts. THAT SAID- The ride looks better than Falcon however the plot is too convoluted, and the ride does not look thrilling. Its a Star Wars dark ride that belongs in fantasyland with the rest of the dark rides. I don't know about anyone else but I got sad seeing a Dominic Gleason AA instead of a Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke, Han, Leia, or Emperor AA on a Star Wars ride. Of all the characthers to make an AA of...they use General Hux. Wow.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

A lot of preshows don't feel like part of the main attraction to me. Dinosaur, RnRC, come to mind... HM is definitely an exception to that, and from the sounds of it, RotR will be as well.
Back when RnRC first opened and for many years after, before Disney redesigned the queue, I’d argue to say the ‘experience’ started as soon as you began up the side entrance ramp to enter the building (past the Standby and FP merge point). No line after that, but rather a walking tour into the studio and then of G Force Records’ collection of equipment throughout the years. Walk right into Aerosmith recording. And then walk right out to the ally and wait just a few cycles to board your limo to the show.

Now it’s one of my least favorite ‘stop and go’ experiences. Disney really destroyed the initial experience by reconfiguring that queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom