Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Can someone explain why Disneyland has a 6-week delay on their RotR? I originally figured they were behind WDW and just needed more time for construction, but evidently the ride is just as ready as the one in WDW, and there have even been reports of guest testing over there. Are they really going to wait six and a half weeks (skipping the entire holiday season) even though it's fully functional?
Constantly? No.

Burbank’s choice.

What will make them more money over the holiday season.

Having people flock to WDW with more hotels, shopping, parks, etc. or go to DLR which is smaller and more locally driven?

DLR already has a great holiday crowd regardless, WDW appears to need the extra push. (If ROTR is a factor in driving people to go)

Steph15251

I wonder if we’d see an expedited opening date for Disneyland if WDW’s opening on Thursday racks up big press. I could totally see them try to capitalize on the opportunity and attempt to dominate the news cycle, shifting the public narrative of Galaxy’s Edge. Speaking of, CNN just dropped a piece detailing some new and already known information on the ride. https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/tech/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-ride/index.html
WHat a great write up ,and this imo is good press for Rise and the land.

emilyrose

It is. Disney is noticeably trying to better control the narrative this go-around.

Anyone know anyone in the “invited media”?
I’m definitely not invited media, but I’m one of the winners of the Back to Batuu sweepstakes, so I’m heading to WDW today and I’m invited to some of the media events including the opening ceremony tomorrow and party afterward. I think we might be able to ride the ride tomorrow morning but I won’t get a final itinerary until I check in today.

Magic Feather

I’m definitely not invited media, but I’m one of the winners of the Back to Batuu sweepstakes, so I’m heading to WDW today and I’m invited to some of the media events including the opening ceremony tomorrow and party afterward. I think we might be able to ride the ride tomorrow morning but I won’t get a final itinerary until I check in today.
WDW Sweepstakes winners are real? I thought they were made up like unicorns or the Great Wall of China.

blackpearl13

Hey there! I don't post on here very often, so I'm not sure if this is the best thread to ask this on...

Some of my family and I will be heading to the Studios on Friday to try to ride RotR. We have a room booked at the Swan or Dolphin hotel (can't remember which) for Thursday night, so we aren't far away. When do you think we should try to line up to get in on Friday? How early on Friday? Or should we basically wait there starting Thursday night?

SWGalaxysEdge

This just in from WDW... (this is not going to go well tomorrow)

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

Disney Analyst

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

It’s nice of them to want to make UOR feel not alone with the opening of a major attraction not going well.

let’s all just tune out the inevitable noise on twitter and here until Disneyland’s opens, hopefully so smoothly no one notices.

Mickeyboof

Oh that makes me so sad to hear.

They simply can’t win :(

KevinPage

2 perfect days are better then 0 perfect days.

#Progress

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

I guess now we know why they have to spend big on buying the press and the paid social media influencers idiots, and also the drones.

Hopefully it will distract from the next day when the normal guest can't ride the thing because it only works at best half (?) the time.

But they'll tout the 480 minute wait as a measure of success, just ignore that only 30 people in total rode during its first couple of hours of operation.

Tonto

Absolutely, you spend the money, time, and energy on grand openings, press events, etc. for publicity. You don’t do it to entertain those who attend, it’s to generate publicity and create targeted headlines.

Simple question, what is better for a national headline?

“Universal’s Hagrid’s ride opens to 10 hour waits!!!”

Or

“Disney opens half of a land to tepid, but well managed crowds!!!”
Well said.
I think Disney made a mistake here. No doubt. First of all the land should have been more "Star Wars" like. Could you imagine if one of the rides had Darth Vadar and other classic characters?
Secondly, the park should have opened up upon completion. I do agree the success of Starwars land will come down to the success of Rise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom