Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

Everything on the 1st Floor. Here's the first floor layout.

You'll be led into one of the four loading rooms (doors to show space are closed) - you load up and your door opens. The open space is what you saw in the promo video with the First Order officer inspecting the ride vehicle. You then continue through show space, winding through the hallway and come upon the AT-AT room. The 2 cars separate and each take an elevator to the top, - that;s the end of that half of the first floor.

The other side of my drawing (bottom-left side) you see the 4 (marked green) elevators coming from the 2nd floor (escape pods) - after they crash land, they roll out and follow the curved path to the unload area at the bottom. (4 grey boxes) the cars then travel back to the start area to be recycled for more passengers.

Forgive me if this was mentioned but I have a question regarding the “detention cells”. So after you are taken by the first order walking to your “detention cell” you say that the doors close. Is their some kind of preshow interaction when you are loading into your troop transport or shortly after you are loaded before actually going and starting the ride proper? The best way I can describe something like this would be the simpsons ride.

SWGalaxysEdge

Forgive me if this was mentioned but I have a question regarding the “detention cells”. So after you are taken by the first order walking to your “detention cell” you say that the doors close. Is their some kind of preshow interaction when you are loading into your troop transport or shortly after you are loaded before actually going and starting the ride proper? The best way I can describe something like this would be the simpsons ride.

..I believe there is a Kylo Ren interaction. Can anyone with more knowledge chime in?

180º

So, several months ago, we were looking at this image of the ROTR unload hall. (Attachment courtesy @sedati )

View attachment 361727

I predicted that once vehicles unloaded of their guests, they would disappear into the archway labeled “Savi and Sons Salvage,” an Easter egg suggesting the bad guys’ property was justly destined for the scrap yard and an ironic second life as illegal lightsaber parts.

I know we haven’t discussed vehicle direction in this area much, but based on my own investigation*, I predict empty vehicles will be entering into that archway and disappearing from view to return to load.

So there’s a joke here (for those of you who can read Aurebesh). Get it? Your transport, which belonged to the First Order, is now out of its grasp and headed to the scrapyard. Yay!

*Looking at construction photos, I found the likely location for the escape pod scene, which empties into a corridor that connects to an opening in the side of the building that would be to the left of the photo as we’re looking at it. I think vehicles are going to make a left hand u-turn into the unload area from the open side of the unload structure.

EDIT: Or...this! 😳

Then Martin promptly steered me right.

The archway is the guest exit.

Or DID HE??? ;)

After seeing these new leaks I’m starting to believe my previous theory. On another matter, those recharging pads must be the unload zones, right? It only makes sense for the vehicles to charge while unloading, and not separate it into two steps. ToT recharges at unload.

jpwdis

More Images - I was just allowed to post these. The inside of the ITS shuttle.

View attachment 416997

View attachment 416998
Where exactly do the riders look out the “windows” to see the action? Looking at the pics, I’m struggling to see where the screens are. Will you have to be in a certain part of the shuttle to get a good view out the windows? Or are there windows everywhere and I’m just not seeing them? 😅

the_rich

Where exactly do the riders look out the “windows” to see the action? Looking at the pics, I’m struggling to see where the screens are. Will you have to be in a certain part of the shuttle to get a good view out the windows? Or are there windows everywhere and I’m just not seeing them? 😅
Those are the shuttles that take you up. The shuttles that take you back down have the screens.

SWGalaxysEdge

Those are the shuttles that take you up. The shuttles that take you back down have the screens.

oh right sorry. The ITS take you "up" to the Star Destroyer. Once there you board your ride vehicle. At the end, the ride vehicle drives into an elevator (escape pod) and it has a giant screen in front of it which shows you crashing.

jpwdis

I know that’s the shuttle that take you up. I phrased the question poorly 🙃 I remember reading that the guests will be able to look out the windows of the ITS shuttle and watch themselves get caught in the star destroyer’s tractorbeam. With that being said, I can’t seem to find the windows that the guests can look out of. I could be dead wrong though 🤷‍♂️

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
..not that I have seen video (wink wink), but from what I gather - it is in 2 steps. The vehicles will let the guests off by the archway, then they back away and head to the chargers, and charge. (see image that I don't know how I got)
Charging should be done elsewhere. There’s no room (and a lengthy corridor to travel) for vehicles to charge when returning to load.

_bluebird

..not that I have seen video (wink wink), but from what I gather - it is in 2 steps. The vehicles will let the guests off by the archway, then they back away and head to the chargers, and charge. (see image that I don't know how I got)

View attachment 417011
Did anyone else notice that we have final confirmation on where the Mon Calamari animatronic is? He was featured in that leaked video from a while ago. And in case you haven't spotted him, he's hiding out in the little escape pod.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Everything on the 1st Floor. Here's the first floor layout.

You'll be led into one of the four loading rooms (doors to show space are closed) - you load up and your door opens. The open space is what you saw in the promo video with the First Order officer inspecting the ride vehicle. You then continue through show space, winding through the hallway and come upon the AT-AT room. The 2 cars separate and each take an elevator to the top, - that;s the end of that half of the first floor.

The other side of my drawing (bottom-left side) you see the 4 (marked green) elevators coming from the 2nd floor (escape pods) - after they crash land, they roll out and follow the curved path to the unload area at the bottom. (4 grey boxes) the cars then travel back to the start area to be recycled for more passengers.

View attachment 416949
i dont know if you have posted it yet but do you have a diagram of the overall ride from start to finish. like the path of the vehicles. or is this what this is supposed to be because i dont know what all the room labels are or what is supposed to be in those scenes or where the ride vheicle portion starts from this above diagram.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I do but can't post it - I made my sketch based on it - Mine is just a general idea of the ride path from the prisoner load to the AT AT walkers. There is something floating out there that is a more detailed one. (not mine)
oh ok. do you know when you will post it or where i can find the other one at? and on your diagram where is the prisoner load area at on it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom