Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Steph15251

I gather Lutz’s claims (if he even wrote the article) that WDW was foolish to announce a 12/5 opening and that it will be a disaster at opening were an exaggeration. It’ll have issues and downtime like any new ride but should be ready to open. I wouldn’t expect anything more clunky than Hagrid’s opening season, certainly.

I always got the impression that folks at that other site, VerminTalk, were jealous whenever WDW got anything that could be deemed as preferential treatment and took it as an opportunity to smear WDW. There’s no question in my mind that, for SWGE, we got the superior product and rollout. They win on Marvel, though. If they don’t cut phase 2.
Yup at least they are getting a Marvel land ,while we are just getting the GOTG coaster ,but I will say not sure I am interested in the rides they are getting with the land one seems like a TSMM and the other seems like another Star tours ,FOP ,and MF.

ToTBellHop

Yup at least they are getting a Marvel land ,while we are just getting the GOTG coaster ,but I will say not sure I am interested in the rides they are getting with the land one seems like a TSMM and the other seems like another Star tours ,FOP ,and MF.
I honestly think, at the end of the day, Florida will still have the better Spidey ride. I don't know much (haven't really looked into) of the details of the Avengers E-ticket. Honestly, not worth the effort given how often Phase 2 projects actually happen.

BubbaisSleep

I think Transformers is a decent ride and definitely a good standard for a screen ride.
I agree. I don't care at all for the movies but I love a ride on Transformers. Comparing things will always neuter the lesser experience (Spiderman is better we all know), but I enjoy having a fast-paced attraction that mostly everyone can ride at Universal & they both have very different pacing/story that makes them both feel like different rides. MFSR is fun but a bit more tame on thrills so I hope ROTR is quite thrilling. Being that this is Disney, I'm expecting a higher quality version but if it just as fun as Transformers I will be happy. The teaser they released for ROTR made me smile with glee.

tissandtully

I honestly think, at the end of the day, Florida will still have the better Spidey ride. I don't know much (haven't really looked into) of the details of the Avengers E-ticket. Honestly, not worth the effort given how often Phase 2 projects actually happen.
Is it just me or did the Spidey ride at DCA look similar to the Ninjago ride at Legoland? It's gotta be better than that though?

tribbleorlfl

Then, on top of that, this ride was written by the Lucasfilm Story Group, and I'm terribly pessimistic that their script is going to be well-received by Star Wars fans.
*Some Star Wars fans. The vast majority of SW fans I interact with are just fine with the post-Disney SW canon and I suspect will be perfectly happy with the story on RotR. Many of us may prefer the OT, but it's really only a vocal minority that loathe the ST and its characters.

tribbleorlfl

Nowt to do with staffing.
Yeah, I don't even know why this is still even a discussion. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that FPs increase overall standby wait times because it increases the number of people queueing for an attraction at any given time compared to standby-only. That doesn't even factor in possible efficiency declines due to managing separate lines and merge points.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
*Some Star Wars fans. The vast majority of SW fans I interact with are just fine with the post-Disney SW canon and I suspect will be perfectly happy with the story on RotR. Many of us may prefer the OT, but it's really only a vocal minority that loathe the ST and its characters.

I mean, I only loathe TLJ...the rest are passable to good

shortstop

I’ll have a Rat video for you soon too ;)
You’re a fan of Rat, correct? I thought it was just alright, but still enjoyable. However, I hope ROTR doesn’t park you in front of screen after screen in this same manner, and that any screens are supplemental to physical sets, rather than the primary focus.

Janir

The Rise of the Resistance footage was my favorite part of the presentation. The lightsaber scene will be so scary. I wonder if and how they will do the laser blasts shooting across the room. When word gets out of how amazing this ride is the lines will be long for a while. I can't wait to see this in December.

If I remember, wasn't there was a thread here a while back talking about how Disney got some patent on blaster bolts and lightsaber effects that were to make it seem very realistic.

190 days... and I thought the last trip countdown was hard enough!

WDW Pro

The trajectories of merchandise sales, movie ticket sales, physical copy sales, etc, is all in the wrong direction. The opposite is true for Marvel. If Marvel is considered successful, and its data is moving in the opposite direction from Star Wars, then we can at the least say Star Wars is demonstrating opposite results than a successful franchise. There is very little I can find about Star Wars in the financial data that suggests things are going well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom