Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mary2013

As some of you have no doubt noticed I’ve added yet another trip to my countdown.

I’ll be going to Disneyland August 24-25
I’ll be going to Disney World starting January 16th

I’d figure since rise is set to open this year I’ll make the Disney world one no problem but what about land? Will I even make the world opening? Thoughts? Insiders like @marni1971 have you heard anything?

PS: This is a long shot but would love a MMRR soft open as well any thoughts on this as well would be appreciated!
Land could be doubtful. Just.
Disney wouldn't open ROTR in DL and SWGE in DHS at the same time, would they?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am far from Orlando but have been hearing that the new Hagrid’s ride at Universal has struggled to stay open. If that is true will that impact Disney’s approach to opening Rise of the Resistance?
Hagrids is fine. It was running for extended durations due to demand so was missing it’s maintenance. They’ve had to have it open later since it was frequently running late into the night with no proper time for tweaks and fixes. Especially for a new ride.

Rise has had its own issues that are being ironed out. And unlike Hagrids should have plenty of testing. New rides also need to be eased into use and slowly have their capacity increased as the ride system, mechanics and human elements find their feet.

drew81

Hagrids is fine. It was running for extended durations due to demand so was missing it’s maintenance. They’ve had to have it open later since it was frequently running late into the night with no proper time for tweaks and fixes. Especially for a new ride.

Rise has had its own issues that are being ironed out. And unlike Hagrids should have plenty of testing. New rides also need to be eased into use and slowly have their capacity increased as the ride system, mechanics and human elements find their feet.

Are you talking about the ride vehicles going in and out of the elevators?

MaximumEd

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there won’t be close to 400. Disney just doesn’t build AA heavy rides like Splash anymore. Even OLC, which doesn’t mind spending whatever it takes, didn’t put 400 in Sindbad, I don’t think.

Hawg G

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there won’t be close to 400. Disney just doesn’t build AA heavy rides like Splash anymore. Even OLC, which doesn’t mind spending whatever it takes, didn’t put 400 in Sindbad, I don’t think.

Not sure how anyone could take those numbers as real now. I'm pretty sure the Falcon was promised to have over a hundred interactive features. I guess maybe all 32 of them combined have hundreds.

If the leaks so far are to be believed the RIDE looks to have less than 10, perhaps less than 5. Which is likely right. Even the much touted Shanghai Pirates only has 6 or 7.

Remember there was a tweet about how tiny Oga's Cantina was by a very big Disney insider (name escapes me). He deleted it, but in reality he was fairly accurate. All of the rumors of grandeur have fallen flat so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom