Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

Doesn't the data pad game "do things"? I was under the impression that there is some movement of objects in the physician world, not just the virtual response on your phone. If not, I would agree that having some physical elements would be warranted.

It does door panels, and other objects work around the land. I personally love the datapad system but need more time to play around with it so far so good for me.

Steph15251

If you consider MFSM an E-Ticket your bias is out of control. I can't even bother to take your posts seriously anymore so...
I kinda think of MF as a low E ticket and I am not bias and for me I can not compare Disney to Uni since it has been 10 years since I went but I want to get passed to uni but I have to save up frist.

Steph15251

I’m really hoping that ROTR can live up to expectations, but at this point is that even possible? My greatest worry, I guess, is that the designers are so entranced with the tech that they have not make the experience exciting. That it will be all about showing off the new toys. I hope that isn’t the case and that this will be an exceptional experience that can change the narrative about GE.

It’s weird to think about, but I am more excited about MMRR than ROTR. I wonder how many people are feeling that way? What does that say about the damage that Disney has done with GE so far?
I think ROTR would be the better ride them MMRR but I feel I would like MMRR better if that makes any sense but I think both would be great rides I just do not care for Star Wars

Tom Morrow

I'm skeptical. I think the vast majority of guests never notice background music except perhaps subconsciously. Superfans on here may comment about it a lot but this is not the norm.
I think it depends on the area. Disney sometimes plays the BGM at very low levels, sometimes too low to have any effect. Universal typically plays their BGM at very prominent levels, which, similarly, is appropriate in some areas but less so in others.

RobWDW1971

I liked MF it is not the best ride around but really it is not even GE main ride ,I think ROTR which it opens should be compared to Hagrids but really they are not even the same type of ride. One is a roller coaster and the other is a trackless dark ride.

ROTR needs to be compared to Forbidden Journey, which is going to be quite a challenge as it is. Hagrid is the 2nd ride in the land so comparisons to MFSR are appropriate.

I also think MFSR suffers from the reveal of the Falcon itself being so much more impressive than the ride. It just feels all like a let down after the "wow" moment and you get all of your pictures taken in front of it. Which is also why the land suffers upon additional visits.

Last edited:

Kate F

I see it as more like if Hogsmeade opened up with just Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff, two preexisting rides, while its headliner was still under construction.

Not an exact comparison, but I imagine people would have been disappointed if Forbidden Journey didn’t open with the rest of the land.

Last edited:

Steph15251

ROTR needs to be compared to Forbidden Journey, which is going to be quite a challenge as it is. Hagrid is the 2nd ride in the land so comparisons to MFSR iare appropriate.

I also think MFSR suffers from the reveal of the Falcon itself being so much more impressive than the ride. It just feels all like a let down after the "wow" moment and you get all of your pictures taken in front of it. Which is also why the land suffers upon additional visits.
My post somehow came out diffeant then I wrote I meant they can not be compared .

britain

Funny, but years ago Jim Hill said an imagineer told him that we should be excited about Falcon, but not TOO excited. “It’s our version of the Hogwarts Express.”

Iconic vehicle simulation but Disney did one better by letting some of the guests actually pilot it.

So, don’t be comparing Falcon to FJ, or Gringott’s, OR Hagrids, I suppose.

Tom Morrow

Once in a while I hear of people buying two-park tickets for the sole purpose of riding the Hogwarts Express, and I feel bad, because it alone is in no way worth the extra money.

TalkingHead

Once in a while I hear of people buying two-park tickets for the sole purpose of riding the Hogwarts Express, and I feel bad, because it alone is in no way worth the extra money.

I have to laugh. It’s probably the best D-ticket to open in Orlando in the past fifteen years. Maybe the Falcon eclipses it, but it’s well-worth the cost IMO.

Conceptually, Hogwarts Express is incredibly ambitious — linking lands in two separate parks to create a seamless experience based on a single franchise. It’s ambitious on a level that Disney hasn’t approached in decades.

Imagine if Galaxy’s Edge had instead fashioned an in-universe Star Wars shuttle between two plots on opposite sides of MGM with separate E-tickets themed to different planets. That would’ve been incredible and would’ve allowed guests to experience different Star Wars environments.

That’s what Hogwarts Express did for Universal. Nothing to sneeze at.

Casper Gutman

Funny, but years ago Jim Hill said an imagineer told him that we should be excited about Falcon, but not TOO excited. “It’s our version of the Hogwarts Express.”

Iconic vehicle simulation but Disney did one better by letting some of the guests actually pilot it.

So, don’t be comparing Falcon to FJ, or Gringott’s, OR Hagrids, I suppose.
Falcon loses when compared to HE, though.

Maybe if Disney can convince people to compare Falcon to Hippogriff, they can finally win.

Tom Morrow

I have to laugh. It’s probably the best D-ticket to open in Orlando in the past fifteen years. Maybe the Falcon eclipses it, but it’s well-worth the cost IMO.

Conceptually, Hogwarts Express is incredibly ambitious — linking lands in two separate parks to create a seamless experience based on a single franchise. It’s ambitious on a level that Disney hasn’t approached in decades.

Imagine if Galaxy’s Edge had instead fashioned an in-universe Star Wars shuttle between two plots on opposite sides of MGM with separate E-tickets themed to different planets. That would’ve been incredible and would’ve allowed guests to experience different Star Wars environments.

That’s what Hogwarts Express did for Universal. Nothing to sneeze at.
I agree that the concept is genius and the setup is great and all. Linking the two lands that are canonically separated in the source material through the very train that connects them in the source material, while also providing transportation between the parks, while also adding "London" to the city "sets" of USF, is very smart.

It's just, the ride experience is nothing amazing. It's a "well, that was neat." reaction. It's perfectly fine if you already have a two-park pass to begin with. It's not good enough to warrant a ticket upgrade.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are we all missing the money grab by Universal by putting the two Potter lands in two parks requiring two day-tickets? And then topping off that money grab by adding a ride between the two lands that can only be experienced by Uni's version of a hopper upgrade? There'd be non-stop howls from the usual suspects if Disney put a rebel Star Wars base in one park and storm trooper base in another park and made a transport ride between them that required the hopper.

Also, the flat cutouts of heroes and villains in Marvel Island does nothing to make it look like you're in a comic book and nothing to make it look like a real-world-ish setting. Dino-Rama is better themed, let along TSL.

Casper Gutman

Are we all missing the money grab by Universal by putting the two Potter lands in two parks requiring two day-tickets? And then topping off that money grab by adding a ride between the two lands that can only be experienced by Uni's version of a hopper upgrade? There'd be non-stop howls from the usual suspects if Disney put a rebel Star Wars base in one park and storm trooper base in another park and made a transport ride between them that required the hopper.

Also, the flat cutouts of heroes and villains in Marvel Island does nothing to make it look like you're in a comic book and nothing to make it look like a real-world-ish setting. Dino-Rama is better themed, let along TSL.
Disney absolutely should have put fully realized Star Wars lands in multiple parks or, in DL, made them the cornerstone of a new park. The franchise warrants it. And no, I don’t think very many would have complained about connecting them with a unique ride system. Guests, even those on these boards, expect and accept some degree of corporate efforts to keep folks on property and to encourage them to enjoy more of a particular resorts amenities. No one howls about how much cheaper admission becomes per day if you buy 10 days, or that hotels get cheaper the more nights you stay, or that AP members get discounts, or that WDW tries to bundle attractions together into packages to push people to the water parks or DisneyQuest. It’s particularly silly to try and complain that Universal tries to get people to buy a parkhopper for two parks which are so close together that they are, for all intents and purposes, one huge park (DL is in a similar situation, and a ride connecting the two parks would be great). The “Hogwarts Express as cash grab” line is rather sad and only gets trotted out when Disney brand loyalists can’t find any more convincing way to justify WDWs recent actions.

My thoughts on Marvel Land are being discussed in the Uni forums, but I will say a significant number of folks here seem to have gotten quite a bit nastier since SWGE, the Potter Swatter, the proof that WDW swims alone in its own blue ocean and Uni remains a joke, fell flat on its face.

TalkingHead

What’s that got to do with anything?

So we were talking about the disappointing opening of Galaxy’s Edge which the press has now acknowledged...

ToTBellHop

Still on schedule...

Sorry for interrupting.

“Continue...”

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom