Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

DisneyFanatic12

So, any speculation as to why Disney won't fix the cannons on their biggest attraction they have opened stateside in the past decade?
Because it’s likely a problem with how they integrate with the rest of the ride system. Thus, fixing the cannons would likely require a refurbishment. Hollywood Studios can’t afford to have its biggest draw close, as it already lacks rides and is viewed as a lesser park by many.

michmousefan

Because it’s likely a problem with how they integrate with the rest of the ride system. Thus, fixing the cannons would likely require a refurbishment. Hollywood Studios can’t afford to have its biggest draw close, as it already lacks rides and is viewed as a lesser park by many.
Quick question: Does the Disneyland ROTR suffer from the same moving cannons problem as the DHS installation?

TrainsOfDisney

Because it’s likely a problem with how they integrate with the rest of the ride system. Thus, fixing the cannons would likely require a refurbishment.
The problem was reported to be a timing issue that can be resolved.
Quick question: Does the Disneyland ROTR suffer from the same moving cannons problem as the DHS installation?
Yes, I’ve never seen them work in Cali, I’ve only seen them work in Florida shortly after opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, any speculation as to why Disney won't fix the cannons on their biggest attraction they have opened stateside in the past decade?
It’s an absolute cluster with code that says yes but hardware that says no even when all indications show it should be saying yes.

Mix this into the fact the canons are classed as show doors and all the H&S that entering the ride envelope that that entails and it’s a real rabbit hole.

DisneyCane

It’s an absolute cluster with code that says yes but hardware that says no even when all indications show it should be saying yes.

Mix this into the fact the canons are classed as show doors and all the H&S that entering the ride envelope that that entails and it’s a real rabbit hole.
They should at least throw in some audio to explain why your transporter is taking evasive maneuvers for no apparent reason when the cannons don't move.

MiddKid

A late report from the last week of June:
  • June 26
    • Left pre-show, no BB8
    • Probe droid lowered (we're 1x year visitors but hadn't seen that in awhile)
    • AT-AT canons (head-on path) did not lower
    • No lightsaber effect
    • Kylo in B-mode
  • June 30 - Same as above except
    • Right pre-show, BB8 worked
    • Lightsaber worked (same path so same lift)

gerarar

Premium Member
  • June 26
    • Left pre-show, no BB8
    • No lightsaber effect
    • Kylo in B-mode
That left preshow room has been "broken" since like February. Did it at least have Rey projection? That's been also broken for a while apparently.

Guess it's not urgent to fix overnight unlike the lightsaber thru roof, Kylo AA, etc.

gerarar

Premium Member
What’s kylo b-mode and which animatronic?
It's the Kylo AA in the final scene before the elevator drop in the escape pods.
Videos are timestamped at beginning of scene.

A-mode:

B-mode (both filmed recently):

Pretty much if the wall that drops or the AA itself is broken, B-mode is (manually afaik, so a breakdown involved) activated. The wall stays down and covers the AA, which you can see in the 3rd POV linked above. Also there's no wind effect in B-mode.

DisneyCane

• June 26
    • Left pre-show, no BB8
    • No lightsaber effect
    • Kylo in B-mode
Wow. I must be lucky. Since opening the only thing I've seen not work are the blaster cannons. The first time I rode I think all 3 moved. Subsequently it was only 2 working and then none have moved for a long time.

The probe droid has worked every time, I've never had a Kylo B-mode and have always had the lightsaber effect. My most recent ride was on 7/6 and I don't remember which pre-show room I was in but BB8 and the Rey projection both worked. I don't remember for sure on the AT-AT cannons.

My most recent ride was at the very end of the day (actually a few minutes after closing) on a day where the ride kept going down for long periods at a time throughout the day so I was expecting a bunch of things to not work but they all did except the moving cannons.

MagicHappens1971

Got sent this survey from Disney about my time at DHS and it asked about Rise show quality
IMG_1237.png

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Got sent this survey from Disney about my time at DHS and it asked about Rise show quality View attachment 733440
Call me a cynic, but this feels like an excuse to NOT fix anything by showing that people can't tell when things are not working correctly.

Because Disney knows how the ride performed on a given day, at least on a global level (X # of people entered the queue, Y # of transports went off, Z # of transports were evacuated, and they know which effects are never working (canons) and which are hit-or miss).

So if ANYONE picks the first option, that is a win for Disney - that is someone who doesn't know that the canons never work anymore. And if 35% of the respondents pick that, they can justify not fixing things "Look - people don't even know what they're missing!"

I find most of their surveys to be manipulative, but I answer anyway. This one is the most offensive one I have personally seen.

MagicHappens1971

Call me a cynic, but this feels like an excuse to NOT fix anything by showing that people can't tell when things are not working correctly.

Because Disney knows how the ride performed on a given day, at least on a global level (X # of people entered the queue, Y # of transports went off, Z # of transports were evacuated, and they know which effects are never working (canons) and which are hit-or miss).

So if ANYONE picks the first option, that is a win for Disney - that is someone who doesn't know that the canons never work anymore. And if 35% of the respondents pick that, they can justify not fixing things "Look - people don't even know what they're missing!"

I find most of their surveys to be manipulative, but I answer anyway. This one is the most offensive one I have personally seen.
Yeah, I put in my input about wasn’t working, no Kylo in the final scene, no BB-8 in the preshow, one of the screens in the canon room wasn’t working, etc but I’m sure the majority of people have no idea

MiddKid

• June 26
    • Left pre-show, no BB8
    • No lightsaber effect
    • Kylo in B-mode
Replying to my report from June 26/30. My daughter went to Disneyland last week and rose Rise on 8/2 and 8/5. According to her all effects working (except the canons, of course). She even commented that she was surprised when the AT-AT canons lowered during the head-on path (since they are stuck up in WDW). She took a friends who had never been and was so happy to get an A-mode Kylo both times. Win for DL on show quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom