Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

DisneyFanatic12

The ride is definitely not as good without the turbolasers and Kylo A-Mode. 100%.

But the 'singular effects' thing is how every dark ride is. If you go into a scene and that scene isn't working, it sucks. For example, if Madame Leota isn't working when you swing into that room the whole ride suffers.
It’s been this way since January. Turbo Lasers when down shortly after opening (like a few months after).

Sucks up to many crowds for a refurb most likely, but I wish it would go down. It’s just sad to see it in the state it is. Still a great ride, but sad to know what it once was.

Also… I’ve had bad luck the last few times I’ve rode… the detainment cell was a little too real the last three times I’ve gone on it. About 20 minutes, 50 minutes, and 30 minutes, respectively, stuck inside the cell the last three times I’ve rode it. The overall delay was more, as they then evacuated us from the room and we had to wait for a different cell.

TrainsOfDisney

with Indy back with all working effects and Runaway Railway I haven’t even bothered.

It’s a good attraction but it’s not particularly fun. It’s impressive but not fun. The other e-tickets at Disney are both!

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Interesting, thank you. I guess it depends on many variables. I know of quite a key effect - one surrounded by other effects - on a very very popular attraction that required a 3rd shift closure that would run well into the next day to repair. It only affected a small part of the ride, the ride could easily run without it but the decision was made to keep it closed until the relatively easy fix - once accessed - was made.
Fix the Yeti!

G00fyDad

I wish the “prison transports” had a b-mode for the canon section… that scene feels so stupid without moving canons to dodge… You’re just moving forward and backward randomly with the canons in B-mode 😂
Unfortunately that has to do with timing to stay in sync with the other vehicles. But yeah, that would be nice.

180º

I wish the “prison transports” had a b-mode for the canon section… that scene feels so stupid without moving canons to dodge… You’re just moving forward and backward randomly with the canons in B-mode 😂
B-mode is the moving forward and backward you describe. In A-mode, the vehicles would move forward, then halt while the guns sliced in between them. There wasn’t much room for the RVs to move around when the guns slid forward. The back-and-forth maneuver added for B-mode is probably intended to spice up the scene and use the floor space offered by the unmoving props.

5thGenTexan

I'm just glad we got on it at all. I can't tell you what was working properly or not working.
We rope dropped last week and it was our first visit. We got to a point in the queue where we first went inside and there was a turn to the left (180 degree turn) and the announcements came on that it was down and see a CM for more options. I started wigging out a bit being in that enclosed space and not moving at all, so we bugged out. Went over to Smugglers Run, then to Slinky Dog. I saw a Guest Services tent and took the chance on explaining what happened and she graciously gave us lightening lane for whenever during the day to go back, We missed most of the queue, but did to actually get on the ride after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom