Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

MrConbon

Are they? Kylo still has his mask. I’m not exactly sure when in the timeline Galaxies Edge is. But I was thinking of younger Luke and Hans anyways.

Gaston and Ursula are both dead by the time the events in New Fantasyland occur. I get what Disney / Lucas was trying to do... I would still like to ride the Falcon with characters I have a deeper connection to.

Not according to the Oxford English Dictionary.

care

(4). In negative and conditional construction: a. not to care passes from the notion of ‘not to trouble oneself’, to those of ‘not to mind, not to regard or pay any deference or attention, to pay no respect, be indifferent’.

(c) Colloq. phr. (I, etc.) couldn't care less: (I am, etc.) completely uninterested, utterly indifferent; freq. as phr. used attrib. Hence couldn't-care-less-ness.

(d) U.S. colloq. phr. (I, etc.) could care less = sense (c) above, with omission of negative.

Galaxy’s Edge canonically takes place between the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. New Fantasyland isn’t really a good comparison because nothing in that land is considered actual canon to the overarching lore of the property that is being used.

Giss Neric

Has anyone actually told the First Order where the base is? I'm kinda curious what their response would be...

A lot of people clearly don't pay attention to the preshows as most of the people thought the secret base is Batuu but it's actually Pacara.

I heard a guest say Universal Studios to one of the FO officer. I heard a couple of people say Batuu but FO of course knew it wasn't. I also heard one say Pandora.

TrainsOfDisney

Galaxy’s Edge canonically takes place between the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. New Fantasyland isn’t really a good comparison because nothing in that land is considered actual canon to the overarching lore of the property that is being used.

How are we supposed to know that? I’ve seen all the movies and spent a lot of time in Galaxies Edge and I couldn’t tell you when it’s supposed to take place in the story. I mean sure Kylo is the new bad guy in town but there is nothing that tells me we are post Hans / Lukes death.

And then why is Kylo wearing his mask in Rise? Maybe he knew the tourists were coming and wanted to look his most evil-ish?

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

A lot of people clearly don't pay attention to the preshows as most of the people thought the secret base is Batuu but it's actually Pacara.

Batuu is the planet Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge takes place on.
Black Spire Outpost is the name of the settlement/village portion of Galaxy's Edge.
The secret base the First Order is looking for is what you see in the caves in Rise of the Resistance (they aren't looking very hard, apparently)
During your experience on Rise of the Resistance, that base is compromised and the transport ship is supposed to take you to Leia's more secret, more important rebel base on Pacara, but your ship gets captured by The Finalizer, Kylo Ren's main Star Destroyer.

Mike S

Marvel is like this too where everything in the theme parks is considered a separate canon from the MCU even though characters and even actors can be shared. Now that I’m going through Clone Wars I’m of the opinion even more now than before that Disney made a mistake with the strict timeline placement of the land and not making it in a way where all of Star Wars is represented. Holy crap some of this stuff is good. This show really does make the prequel era better.

MrConbon

How are we supposed to know that? I’ve seen all the movies and spent a lot of time in Galaxies Edge and I couldn’t tell you when it’s supposed to take place in the story. I mean sure Kylo is the new bad guy in town but there is nothing that tells me we are post Hans / Lukes death.

And then why is Kylo wearing his mask in Rise? Maybe he knew the tourists were coming and wanted to look his most evil-ish?
You can see the porgs stashed aboard the Millennium Falcon from Last Jedi. The comics and books set in Batuu do a better job of cementing the timeline than the land could obviously. Kylo’s Helmet seems to be a continuity error as it was too iconic to be left disregarded.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t particularly dislike the falcon. I’m hoping one day they redo it and I can see video of Hans and Luke asking for help instead of random character I could care less about.

You can always take out your phone, play the original trilogy and imagine that fantasy that will never happen.

TrainsOfDisney

You can always take out your phone, play the original trilogy and imagine that fantasy that will never happen.

Never say never! Most of us wouldn’t have expected to ride Star Tours with C3PO!

Pretty much everyone agrees the falcon ride needs work correct? I’ll take Rey and Chewie if needed... even Jar Jar Binks! (Joking!!!!)

Kamikaze

Never say never! Most of us wouldn’t have expected to ride Star Tours with C3PO!

Pretty much everyone agrees the falcon ride needs work correct? I’ll take Rey and Chewie if needed... even Jar Jar Binks! (Joking!!!!)

The 'work' is going to be the introduction of different missions.

I want to see how you're going to get Harrison Ford to film new stuff. He doesn't want to be involved with it. Else it would have to be someone else in his place, but then you'd complain it wasn't the 'real' Han, right?

TrainsOfDisney

The 'work' is going to be the introduction of different missions.

I want to see how you're going to get Harrison Ford to film new stuff. He doesn't want to be involved with it. Else it would have to be someone else in his place, but then you'd complain it wasn't the 'real' Han, right?

Well what would you like to see?

I mean if it was all up to me it would be OT Hans!

Giss Neric

Cause if they can't get Finn's and General Hux's real face as accurate as possible, what more Kylo? Hux's animatronic is faced against us and you only see a semi profile of his face. They put flashing lights on Finn's face so it distracts us from seeing him clearly. It's hard to do animatronics on real people's faces. This is specifically not for the timeline or where it takes place in the story but for aesthetic purposes on the ride.

TrainsOfDisney

Cause if they can't get Finn's and General Hux's real face as accurate as possible, what more Kylo? Hux's animatronic is faced against us and you only see a semi profile of his face. They put flashing lights on Finn's face so it distracts us from seeing him clearly. It's hard to do animatronics on real people's faces. This is specifically not for the timeline or where it takes place in the story but for aesthetic purposes on the ride.

Oh yeah that’s for sure part of it, he also looks more iconic with the mask. Honestly I thought the timeline of Battu was around force awakens, which is why when someone told me “Hans and Luke are dead” I was surprised.

Kamikaze

Well what would you like to see?

It doesn't currently need to be changed at all. You (and others on this site and other Disney fan sources) think that what is said about a ride around here is what the general public thinks about it. That can't be further from the truth, and I have it on good authority that MFSR gets very good scores in surveys.

In a few years, they'll change up the missions. That will be fine.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

It doesn't currently need to be changed at all. You (and others on this site and other Disney fan sources) think that what is said about a ride around here is what the general public thinks about it. That can't be further from the truth, and I have it on good authority that MFSR gets very good scores in surveys.

In a few years, they'll change up the missions. That will be fine.

I just assume that other members of the general public, like me (we are all members of the general public?), would like to see more of the iconic characters from Star Wars.

But if you think the land is perfect and needs no changes that is your opinion and your welcome to have it :)

I think Rise has a good balance. Many of the images and scenes work with the OT and NT. Stormtroopers, the guards, the AT’s, the droids... and then the newer characters in very familiar roles. You could swap in princess lei, r2, Luke and Darth and have virtually the same attraction for example.

Kamikaze

I just assume that other members of the general public, like me (we are all members of the general public?), would like to see more of the iconic characters from Star Wars.

But if you think the land is perfect and needs no changes that is your opinion and your welcome to have it :)

I think Rise has a good balance. Many of the images and scenes work with the OT and NT. Stormtroopers, the guards, the AT’s, the droids... and then the newer characters in very familiar roles. You could swap in princess lei, r2, Luke and Darth and have virtually the same attraction for example.

Do you have to be so pedantic? The 'general public' in this case (as if I wasn't clear enough in my previous post) are people that go to WDW but don't go to Disney fan sites or do anything except the basic research and preparation for going to WDW. This is the vast, vast majority of guests - the general public.

You mentioned MFSR, not 'the land'.

What is the land missing? Everything Chapek cut. Not Han and Luke explicitly.

Last edited:

TiggerDad

Oh yeah that’s for sure part of it, he also looks more iconic with the mask. Honestly I thought the timeline of Battu was around force awakens, which is why when someone told me “Hans and Luke are dead” I was surprised.
If you want people to believe that you're really a fan of the OT, you might want to learn the names of the characters and not mix them up with the dude from Frozen.

TrainsOfDisney

If you want people to believe that you're really a fan of the OT, you might want to learn the names of the characters and not mix them up with the dude from Frozen.

Lol! I blame equity Ben! (Maybe one person will get that joke).

What is the land missing? Everything Chapek cut. Not Han and Luke explicitly.

I totally agree. If they had done everything as planned I doubt I would feel things were lacking at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom