Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Chet Dakota

Additionally, certain story beats were just off. Kylo Ren’s reveal in the interrogation room was premature. He is this attraction’s yeti. He walks in and uses the force briefly before “being needed on the bridge.” A more elegant and ominous way of handling that same scene would be to say something to the effect of “Kylo Ren will be down shortly.” Then being left in the dark right before being rescued. Our first sighting of Kylo should have been more impactful.
I like the “Force effect”, although the room should shake a little more with the sound being louder. Maybe they came up with this effect, thought it was really cool, and had no other way to use it without Kylo appearing. But, I agree that this room should be just Hux addressing guests with the threat of Kylo on the way. It seems awkward and out of place that they are needed on the bridge just after coming in. When you see them again, there is no mention of why they were needed. Hux is talking about the prisoners escaping and Kylo warns about raising teh shields, while Hux is clueless.

in the detention cell, maybe Hux should say something about scanners are picking up some unusual readings or activity and they are needed on the bridge...or scanners are showing that perpetrators have boarded the ship. Something to explain the urgency of their leaving us alone.

There is nothing to indicate the potential for rescue except Poe saying that he would be back for us. I get that, except then, all of a sudden Resistance fighters dressed in Batuu outfits are on the Star Destroyer with you To rescue you. How did they get there undisguised? Maybe they should be in Stormtrooper outfits like Finn (and Luke and Han, for that matter), or at least FO outfits (like Finn, Rose and DJ).

Last edited:

orky8

Question, and sorry if answered already somewhere. If you do the ride at night are the take off and landing scenes adjusted accordingly?

Rich Brownn

I like the “Force effect”, although the room should shake a little more with the sound being louder. Maybe they came up with this effect, thought it was really cool, and had no other way to use it without Kylo appearing. But, I agree that this room should be just Hux addressing guests with the threat of Kylo on the way. It seems awkward and out of place that they are needed on the bridge just after coming in. When you see them again, there is no mention of why they were needed. Hux is talking about the prisoners escaping and Kylo warns about raising teh shields, while Hux is clueless.

in the detention cell, maybe Hux should say something about scanners are picking up some unusual readings or activity and they are needed on the bridge...or scanners are showing that perpetrators have boarded the ship. Something to explain the urgency of their leaving us alone.

There is nothing to indicate the potential for rescue except Poe saying that he would be back for us. I get that, except then, all of a sudden Resistance fighters dressed in Batuu outfits are on the Star Destroyer with you To rescue you. How did they get there undisguised? Maybe they should be in Stormtrooper outfits like Finn (and Luke and Han, for that matter), or at least FO outfits (like Finn, Rose and DJ).
Kylo is always shown to be impatient and likes to look important. Doesn't surprise me he'd come down just to intimidate the "prisoners"

disneygeek90

But, I agree that this room should be just Hux addressing guests with the threat of Kylo on the way. It seems awkward and out of place that they are needed on the bridge just after coming in.
To be fair... we are basically in jail. I don't think Kylo/Hux have any reason to believe we won't be there when they get back to the cell. We are low life resistance scum, they deal with us when they want to deal with us.

No Name

Have you watched The Rise of Skywalker? Hux’s actions make more sense after having watched that movie.

Tom Morrow

This is a good idea, I wonder if they didn't go with with it because it might be confusing to non-English speaking visitors?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

SoFloMagic

Weird upkeep/cleaning issue I saw this morning in the right preshow room
the mirror for the Rey hologram is scratched/smudged/dirty in the top right corner, making the effect obvious if you know what you're looking at. It's obvious enough to confirm it's a mirror, but likely not obvious enough for most to notice. It wasn't as bad as the TOT peppers ghost glass, but it reminded me of that. You shouldn't see the glass (or anything physically on it)

Mike S

Weird upkeep/cleaning issue I saw this morning in the right preshow room
the mirror for the Rey hologram is scratched/smudged/dirty in the top right corner, making the effect obvious if you know what you're looking at. It's obvious enough to confirm it's a mirror, but likely not obvious enough for most to notice. It wasn't as bad as the TOT peppers ghost glass, but it reminded me of that. You shouldn't see the glass (or anything physically on it)
Makes you wonder what did that. Couldn’t have been a guest as I’m sure we would have heard of someone climbing up or throwing something and then being ejected from the ride and/or the park.

gerarar

Premium Member
So I've been trying to find a place/scene where you can see the previous riders ahead of you or a "scene resetting itself" since the ride does a very good job at hiding that. The only place I could find one such instance is in the AT-AT room and in the mirror on the far back wall, which makes the illusion that there is another AT-AT for a total of 3.

Anyways, if you look at the mirror, you can catch a glimpse of the red lighting on the ceiling of the second floor, which are the heavy laser cannon blasts. You can also see the lighting of the transport vehicle if you look extra hard.
20200107_223740.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-150349_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-150349_YouTube.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 62

WDWFREAK53

It would've been cool if the walls had "crushing" effects. When Kylo uses the Force, the walls start to crumple in...as if he's not fully in control of the power and it's still getting away from him.

tribbleorlfl

This is a good idea, I wonder if they didn't go with with it because it might be confusing to non-English speaking visitors?
The Play Disney Parks app mission for RotR explains what's going on, at least as to why Finn is in Stormtrooper armor. Finn and his squad boarded the Star Destroyer to covertly erase the data it has on the Resistance base (which is why Kylo needs the info from us). He gets separated from them and needs your help to find to get out. You help him "slice" open doors and into consoles and decrypt pieces of the SD map as he makes his way further in . One of the rooms he ends up in is an armor locker. He takes it in case he needs to fight his way out.

It was actually a fun game/experience and added to the immersion of the ride (unlike the jobs in the MFSR queue), but clearly was meant for a long standby line as I didn't get to finish it with the relativie quick pace you go through with Boarding Groups.

Fun fact, Finn finds the Troop Transport and has you reprogram R5. So when Beck asks "Who picked these droids anyway?," he's throwing major shade at our meager slicing skills!

Chet Dakota

The Play Disney Parks app mission for RotR explains what's going on, at least as to why Finn is in Stormtrooper armor. Finn and his squad boarded the Star Destroyer to covertly erase the data it has on the Resistance base (which is why Kylo needs the info from us). He gets separated from them and needs your help to find to get out. You help him "slice" open doors and into consoles and decrypt pieces of the SD map as he makes his way further in . One of the rooms he ends up in is an armor locker. He takes it in case he needs to fight his way out.

It was actually a fun game/experience and added to the immersion of the ride (unlike the jobs in the MFSR queue), but clearly was meant for a long standby line as I didn't get to finish it with the relativie quick pace you go through with Boarding Groups.

I never opened the app in the line for the reason you stated...you generally are walking through the line and don’t have time to complete the tasks (unless you want to stop and let people through).

i think it is silly that you have to play the app to fill in the plot holes.

Fun fact, Finn finds the Troop Transport and has you reprogram R5. So when Beck asks "Who picked these droids anyway?," he's throwing major shade at our meager slicing

So, on our last trip ride Monday, the resistance fighter who was loading us in the car said “I just reprogrammed this droid to get you to the escape pods”. Maybe she needs to play the app to get the story accurate.

Mike S

Fun fact, Finn finds the Troop Transport and has you reprogram R5. So when Beck asks "Who picked these droids anyway?," he's throwing major shade at our meager slicing skills!
The ride still works without all this. It’s a nice touch but seems a bit overkill imo.

tribbleorlfl

The ride still works without all this. It’s a nice touch but seems a bit overkill imo.
Oh, it totally does and the app isn't necessary. But it does add a slightly different context to the attraction, making you a more active participant and responsible for the means of your own escape. I think the only thing it does the preshows don't is explain why and how Finn is already on the SD. With the app, my interpretation of events changes that Finn breaks Beck and the ITS flight crew out, who in turn break us out.

xbrutalitorx

Anyone hear any reports of how CM testing is going at Disneyland? I’ll be there the next few days. Curious if it’s worth trying to find a cast member with a spare plus one.

TrainsOfDisney

Sometimes. A ride I used to work at Disney used it and cause fire alarms to go off constantly. It didn't last long.

Great movie ride was able to use fog / cryo effects in the oz and alien scenes and real fire effects in Indiana Jones and Wild West scenes. Theatrical haze and / or low fog, and / or cryo are used in muppets, beauty and the beast, frozen, and little mermaid and that’s just in the same park.

What attraction did you work where it was turned off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom