Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Advertisement
Rise also relies on characters like Poe Finn and Rey to appear on screens. You can’t get the original characters to appear on a screen without a look-alike or cgi, which I feel would totally cheapen the experience.
That's true as well. A lot of the original cast members have passed on or are very old and do not sound the same or like the same as they used to. It would be very interesting to see how Disney would solve this problem.

CM.X777

Based on the number of people we've counted exiting the ride this week, and assuming Rise's theoretical hourly capacity is somewhere around 1,700/hour...I don't think Rise is yet operating at 50% of capacity in any given day.
Well they are operating with 22-26/36 ride vehicles which already moves it to about 60% capacity. Factoring in downtimes, I'm not surprised they rarely hit over 50%.

Agreed. You could then keep RotR as is and set MF in the OT with Han, Luke, and Leia...make everyone happy.

I assume no one is asking for Jar Jar.
Who's everyone? The only people I see CONSTANTLY complaining about GE being set in the ST seem to be 40+ year old men. MOVE ON! There are a lot more people than you think that are soo sick of people complaining that everything needs to be set in the OT. Some of us are actually tired of the OT. I bet if this was set during the prequels people would still be complaining just as much. If anything is going to kill Star Wars it's the fans that want everything to stay the same till the end of time.

Last edited:

Bleed0range

That's true as well. A lot of the original cast members have passed on or are very old and do not sound the same or like the same as they used to. It would be very interesting to see how Disney would solve this problem.
Luke can be a force ghost any ol time and MFSR could simply be set while old Han was alive and sort of ignore the movie timeline a bit like Star Tours for the sake of the ride.

Mike S

I’m pretty sure if there really is this plan to change to the OT they’ve got a good plan for using Han, Luke, and Leia despite the aged and sadly gone actors. The voice over for Leia in Star Tours was very on point so just bring back whoever it was that did it. Disney definitely has the resources to do the same for the other two and there’s already someone well known for doing impressions of Ford.

Even sort of looks like him and they could just do CGI touch ups from motion capture instead of a full CGI recreation to really sell it if they wanted to. Plus I’m sure he’d be cheaper than getting Ford back and trying to deage him like SLJ in Captain Marvel.

Oh, and FYI, he was in a movie with Ford and his role was a younger version of Ford’s character.

Last edited:

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’m pretty sure if there really is this plan to change to the OT they’ve got a good plan for using Han, Luke, and Leia despite the aged and sadly gone actors. The voice over for Leia in Star Tours was very on point so just bring back whoever it was that did it. Disney definitely has the resources to do the same for the other two and there’s already someone well known for doing impressions of Ford.

Even sort of looks like him and they could just do CGI touch ups from motion capture instead of a full CGI recreation to really sell it if they wanted to. Plus I’m sure he’d be cheaper than getting Ford back and trying to deage him like SLJ in Captain Marvel.

Oh, and FYI, he was in a movie with Ford and his role was a younger version of Ford’s character.
Bob Iger liked your post! That means you are on to something! 😂

Mike S

A ride that people are lining up for day in and day out at 5am with no end in sight, and people talking about overlay ideas?? Sheesh.
Because it was presented as a thing that’s actually being discussed even if there’s no final decision yet.

disneygeek90

Not WDW, WDI. And I’ve been reading about this rumor since before it opened from others besides just marni that the ride was designed so that this change could almost seamlessly happen.
I’m not doubting that there’s talks. I just don’t understand why so soon.

PB Watermelon

Except, Sith don’t become Force Ghosts.

Ironic. They seek immortality but take the path that doesn’t lead there.
In their defense, the Sith hang on to life and possessions, Jedi accept death and loss. That's kinda a thing in the Star Wars mythology. And Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon was the first (I think) to materialize through the Force in the afterlife, teaches it to Yoda, who then teaches it to Obi-Wan. How Anakin learned it is anybody's guess.
If the movie leaks are true, there is....another...who lives on through the Force, and I'm not talking about Leia, but will shut up now.

Mike S

In their defense, the Sith hang on to life and possessions, Jedi accept death and loss. That's kinda a thing in the Star Wars mythology. And Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon was the first (I think) to materialize through the Force in the afterlife, teaches it to Yoda, who then teaches it to Obi-Wan. How Anakin learned it is anybody's guess.
If the movie leaks are true, there is....another...who lives on through the Force, and I'm not talking about Leia, but will shut up now.
I know the leak. It’s really stupid.

And Anakin doing it wasn’t a problem until the how of it was explained many years later. Until RotS it could’ve easily been assumed that Force Ghosts were just Jedi you personally knew and were able to appear to you or something like that.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I would be shocked if RotR changed any time soon. One day? Sure. After those Midway Mania overlays we were promised.
And Country Bears Christmas overlay.
And new stage shows in DHS.
And two other ride profiles in MFSR.

But, hey, they got Space Mountain overlays down pat by partially or completely shutting off what little lights they had on to begin with!

The only that that gets laid over on a regular basis is Cinderella

castle.

Top Bottom