Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

MonkeyHead

Also why is Finn on the ship?? Did he know we were going to get randonly kidnapped in advance? If not why is and the other resistance fighters in disguise on a random star destroyer???

Why is Finn there? You mean how Rey literally tells you he has infiltrated the Star Destroyer in the pre-show?

I am, of all people am not someone to toe the company line, but the moderators really need to ban this account. It is clearly trolling. Constantly.

Krispinwah

dude, as a child of epcot (born 74, went every year since it opened, obsessed with figment and alll of epcot) ok. star wars was coo-ish but super testosterone western in space, still is. star trek was the awesome what we could be, better than we were. which is so much more epcot/disney. so go on, good for you. pandora was awful, wouldn't pass a grade 9 literature response essay, and the lead american had the worse american acccent a brit has ever attempted, but ok.also. "pocohontas in space with sexy blue girls" but.yeah.
Trek would have definitley fit in a Future World at Epcot.

Bleed0range

I can’t tell if people on this forum are for or against ROTR. But as someone who is a fan of Disney, imagineering and Star Wars... it looks to me like one of the best rides Disney has put out in a long time. I am not the biggest fan of the sequel trilogy, but I’m not gonna be too cynical here and ignore the accomplishments. It looks fantastic. And I can accept that it’s not OT characters. I don’t care for Rey as a character, but it looks like it will put me in the SW universe in a way I’ve dreamed of all my life. That’s good enough for me!

Sailor310

So I heard the ride was 101 before the dedication, any confirmation? Would explain @realBobChapek response and that awkward pause before he came out.

If true I see one obvious problem when bringing in media... Lots of RF interference! Maybe xwings used the same RF (assuming R/C based) and blew the ride rf out since they'd need something bulletproof too. And confirming each vehicle in path before restart mean walking the entire track, hence the long restart.

Hope for the best tomorrow.
On that other site, Westsider said it went down before the dedication, had to be evacuated and stayed down all night.

I can't believe the media and X wings had anything to do with it.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but are they doing some kind of combination projection paired with artificial shadow effects? In the interrogation scene there are great convincing shadows cast by the backlit characters which wouldn’t happen with just a simple screen. I think it does a lot to make it seem like they are sharing the same space as you.
Yes. It caught my eye too. Very subtle and very clever.

I suddenly just love this thread so much. I could care less about the ride at this point. ;)

Which is probably a good thing since it doesn't really work.

I just woke up and haven’t read much yet.... did the ride go down during the press dedication?

Last edited:

DLR>WDW

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but are they doing some kind of combination projection paired with artificial shadow effects? In the interrogation scene there are great convincing shadows cast by the backlit characters which wouldn’t happen with just a simple screen. I think it does a lot to make it seem like they are sharing the same space as you.
This effect is genius. Not only does it look cool, it makes it seem as if Kylo and Hux are actually there with you. And because the room is so small, that added effect only increases the intimacy between you and the characters. It blurs the line between fantasy and reality causing you to second guess yourself on whether people are actually standing up there. This is really where imagineering shines... wow.

TP2000

I just woke up and haven’t read much yet.... did the ride go down during the press dedication?

Before that. And then failed to reopen during the press party after the dedication.

Hence Mr. Chapek inviting everyone to go shopping in the land instead of go ride Rise of the Resistance. Video edited to start at the awkward and slightly defensive farewell wording here...

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Why is Finn there? You mean how Rey literally tells you he has infiltrated the Star Destroyer in the pre-show?

I am, of all people am not someone to toe the company line, but the moderators really need to ban this account. It is clearly trolling. Constantly.
Oh shut up. I am not trolling. Go ban yourself. Use ignore. I was gonna respond nicely that I missed that line of dialogue on my first pov video I saw because it started I guess in the tail end of her speech. So I based it on that so that part upon further review I withdrawl that complaint somewhat. Still does not make sense why Finn would want to inflitrate a Star Destroyer since he is a well known Storm Trooper trader or what his plan was before we got captured. But since you decided to add the extra towards me personally you can kindly shut up and ignore me

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Before that. And then failed to reopen during the press party after the dedication.

Hence Mr. Chapek inviting everyone to go shopping in the land instead of go ride Rise of the Resistance. Video edited to start at the awkward and slightly defensive farewell wording here...

Ouch. Well, they knew it wasn’t ready...

edit. Just watched your link. Big ouch.

TP2000

Ouch. Well, they knew it wasn’t ready...

edit. Just watched your link. Big ouch.

Yeah, they knew.

What's interesting is that they were obviously prepared for the ride to be inoperative during the media event. So much so that they prepped not only Mr. Chapek's canned closing lines, but also the closing voiceover, so that both of them made no mention of the ride itself along the lines of "and now experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance!" but instead invited us to "live your own Star Wars adventure!"

I'm just surprised Mr. Chapek had enough restraint to not add "and finish your holiday shopping at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities!"

fctiger

I watched a video ride-through at the Site That Shall Not Be Named, and eh. It's all very slick and pretty. But please tell me why I'm supposed to care about Rey, be scared of Kylo, or give a damn about The Resistance. I cared about the Jedi, et al, in the OT because I cared about the characters and what would happen to them. The razzle-dazzle effects were the icing; the characters were the cake. Compared to the OT, Iger's Star Wars is just a bunch of woke empty calories. Again, meh.

I never seen a single Cars movie to this day and yet I LOVE RSR and Carsland! Never seen any of the classic cartoons like Snow White, Pinochio, Alice, etc (but started watching a few now that I have Disney+) and yet have enjoyed all those rides for over 30 years. No one is going to care as LONG as its a good ride with its own story people can understand. That's it.

BoarderPhreak

3:45am... About 100 people here right now.

426E7EEC-2728-4669-BA22-51B73C34160B.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom