TTA People Mover10.0
Splash Mountain11.0
It's a Small World11.0
Living with the Land13.7
Spaceship Earth14.0
Liberty Square River Boat15.0
Kilimanjaro Safaris20.0
Walt Disney World Railroad20.0

Peter Pan's Flight is 5 minutes? TouringPlans says 3 min. https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/peter-pans-flight

Bobby Iger

If it is something like this. 😀

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    130.6 KB · Views: 138

Disneyson

Count me in on wanting to know about the music in the ride. Will it slowly bloom into the attraction, as it does in Flight of Passage? Also, will Rey/Leia/some other familiar character be on our Comms throughout the attraction, ala Dinosaur?
It seems strange that Rey does not appear in any pivotal moment in the ride - taking it's cue from the Fantasyland dark rides (though savvy that we get to see her at least before the adventure begins so nobody can really complain that they didn't see BB-8 or whatever.) I can only imagine the ride would end with Rey or Leia saying "May The Force Be With You", big musical swell ala Forbidden Journey/Gringotts, and a funny little unload spiel by C-3PO.

Also, I'm incredibly surprised there is not a single simulated lightsaber duel anywhere in Battu. Is that confirmed? Thirdly, does that mean C-3PO and/or R2 won't be a part of the story of this land, either? And is this because Star Tours still exists? These seem like huge holes that even the most casual of Star Wars fans will find glaring.

I find that much of the wish fulfillment of the Harry Potter attractions is seeing the characters in action, doing battle with each other, and re-creating character traits that we love. Hermionie gets to be smart, Ron gets to be silly, and Harry gets to save the day, and we feel these character beats. Both attractions also feature Harry engaged in actual battle, with Draco, the Dememtors, and Voldemort. It seems that we get to see Kylo go bananas, Rey be... uhm. Zen, or whatever she does... Poe gets to be a psuedo Han Solo cool boi, and Finn get overwhelmed in the way that he does. I wonder if there are enough emotional character beat connections to hold guests over and "fangasm" over, especially because we never actually see these characters interact with one another.

Surferboy567

Count me in on wanting to know about the music in the ride. Will it slowly bloom into the attraction, as it does in Flight of Passage? Also, will Rey/Leia/some other familiar character be on our Comms throughout the attraction, ala Dinosaur?

Leia apparently isn’t in the attraction just mentioned. All three of the main heroes from the sequel trilogy will appear and without trying to give away any spoilers. TWO of the three appear at pivotal moments thought the attraction. ONE appears in the preshow.

Disneyson

Leia apparently isn’t in the attraction just mentioned. All three of the main heroes from the sequel trilogy will appear and without trying to give away any spoilers. TWO of the three appear at pivotal moments thought the attraction. ONE appears in the preshow.

Yeah, haha! I gathered that much -- I just wonder if it was wise not to include Rey in the actual ride portion of the attraction is what I was getting at.

Epcot82Guy

i honestly can’t tell if you’re serious or this is meant in sarcasm - Kali is one of the worst river rides ever built. Popeye down the street or heck even Magic Mountain’s from the 1980’s makes Kali look like a complete joke - unless you are REALLY into floating by burning trees.

But this isn’t a thread reviewing WDI’s recent creative failures (well except Batuu and MFSR) - back to ROTR.

Happy to explain - because that's very fair. The CONCEPT of Kali is great. Excellent queue. And what is there (theme wise) is great. The ride itself feels like we got 50% of what was supposed to be created. The "rapids" part. Going through a temple or something. Etc. If it was on par with their other rapids rides with the Kali story and general environment, it would be amazing. That was my point.

But, you are right - back to ROTR!

mergatroid

Your point was that we shouldn’t be expecting a huge amount of AA’s in a major attraction. I noted that similar large attractions over the years have had huge amount of AA’s. Not being disingenuous at all. I’m sorry if your standards are below that of 1967. I’m sure WDI appreciates your grading on a curve and rationalizing the embarrassment that is NRJ.

How many animatronics do the potter rides have and did Universal fail to reach proper 'standards' in their creation of these attractions?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So Martin, what attraction currently has the top crown, in your opinion?
IMHO no single attraction. In no particular order, Orlando TOT and Splash, RSR, Paris PotC, Phantom Manor, Forbidden Journey. American Adventure. I dare say Mystic Manor would make it too.

Honourable mentions to those no longer with us; SSE, Imag 1, Horizons, the concept of the original UoE. Paris’ Space Mountain From the Earth to the Moon. Even World of Motion.

I anticipate Rise will be there too. But there again I got Falcon wrong.

Jones14

Has anybody confirmed if there is Star Wars music playing inside a Star Destroyer or my prison transport cart? Can’t wait to watch WDI once again violate their ridiculous self-imposed “immersion” rules when no longer convenient.
The land’s BGM is in-universe music and sounds, the rides and shows use the movie scores and cinematic arrangements.

That’s not breaking the rules, that’s having different rules for different things, and it doesn’t seem to bother anybody that Pandora is the exact same way.

britain

IMHO no single attraction. In no particular order, Orlando TOT and Splash, RSR, Paris PotC, Phantom Manor, Forbidden Journey. American Adventure. I dare say Mystic Manor would make it too.

Honourable mentions to those no longer with us; SSE, Imag 1, Horizons, the concept of the original UoE. Paris’ Space Mountain From the Earth to the Moon. Even World of Motion.

Interesting, no Indy? In CA I feel it's still king (but showing its age).

UNCgolf

I'd include the Jurassic Park ride at Universal. Even with a couple of the animatronics not functioning correctly it was my favorite ride there. Forbidden Journey gave me TERRIBLE motion sickness (first ride that's ever done that), so I spent my whole time on it (and for a good 30-45 minutes thereafter) trying not to throw up on myself. Obviously it doesn't make my list of good rides.

I imagine they'll eventually change it to match the Jurassic World ride in Hollywood, though, and that looks like a downgrade because of how stupid the Jurassic World movies are. The rest of the Jurassic Park area needs an upgrade, but the ride itself is great as is.

britain

Alicia at Orlando Park Stop seconds these ride descriptions. She's most likely getting them from the same source, but her descriptions are unique.

RobWDW1971

The land’s BGM is in-universe music and sounds, the rides and shows use the movie scores and cinematic arrangements.

That’s not breaking the rules, that’s having different rules for different things, and it doesn’t seem to bother anybody that Pandora is the exact same way.

Ah got it! So they are just making it up as they go along. I don’t get to experience the iconic Star Wars music throughout the land because that would NOT make sense in Batuu, but it DOES make sense in a prison transport cart. Makes total sense and is not totally convenient logic at all.

Hope they pass out WDI Logic Cards to the guests so they can follow along or perhaps that’s another tab in the Play app.

ToTBellHop

Ah got it! So they are just making it up as they go along. I don’t get to experience the iconic Star Wars music throughout the land because that would NOT make sense in Batuu, but it DOES make sense in a prison transport cart. Makes total sense and is not totally convenient logic at all.

Hope they pass out WDI Logic Cards to the guests so they can follow along or perhaps that’s another tab in the Play app.
They didn’t want it everywhere but only wanted it some places for emphasis.

Where was the outrage on Pandora?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom