Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

erasure fan1

Or will there be witty moments? Will those witty moments be effortless or lame? Will they hold up in 5, 10, 20 years like the pirates trying to woo the jail dog?
I guess it depends on who has final say on the script. We know Kennedy isn't a good judge of star wars humor because we got your momma jokes in last jedi. So hopefully we get humor that is more subtle than what we got in the last movie.

SWGalaxysEdge

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Do they explain in the queue or ride why Poe's X-wing looks as it does from TFA and TLJ? Afterall, Black One was destroyed in TLJ and Poe's X-wing in TRoS is mostly grey and orange with a little bit of blue. I guess he certainly could have painted his replacement X-wing exactly like Black One and then changed his mind afterwards, but to me, this is one of three details in SWGE that snack of "we were developing the land while TLJ was in production but didn't have the script and didn't know all the details.". The other two are Kylo's intact, non-repaired helmet and the Falcon's square deflector dish.

...I don't know personally, but logically, based on whats happening at the time we see the X-Wing, there;s no time for explanation nor would it add anything. I am guessing, based on Disney logic, it's the most recognizable to the average Joe tourist who has seen the films but may not be detail oriented. Its a "oh hey that's Poe's X-Wing" as you run by it. They have BB-8 in it and they [tourist] remembers the orange/black. It could be a victim of the EP9 Trevorrow change like the TIE Echelon. It made sense for EP9 when it was designed but got scrapped when he was axed, but they already had it planned for black/orange and the new Director had it changed to orange/white for EP9. (just guessing on the reasoning.)

mergatroid

Do people really worry about stuff like this at either Potter land or Galaxy's Edge? If so, they seem to be taking things a bit too seriously.

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Do they explain in the queue or ride why Poe's X-wing looks as it does from TFA and TLJ? Afterall, Black One was destroyed in TLJ and Poe's X-wing in TRoS is mostly grey and orange with a little bit of blue. I guess he certainly could have painted his replacement X-wing exactly like Black One and then changed his mind afterwards, but to me, this is one of three details in SWGE that snack of "we were developing the land while TLJ was in production but didn't have the script and didn't know all the details.". The other two are Kylo's intact, non-repaired helmet and the Falcon's square deflector dish.

I guess they do :)

Rich Brownn

Do people really worry about stuff like this at either Potter land or Galaxy's Edge? If so, they seem to be taking things a bit too seriously.
Its taken very seriously at Potter. There's an 8-hour separate training class required when you get hired into a Potter attraction, called "protecting the brand". It includes what you can and can't say, how to answer specific questions, defining your persona (You can't, for example, say you know or met any of the characters and can only say you're in a house if you work at Forbidden Journey). Yu're forbidden from going out of the Potter area in costume (and non-Potter costumes are a no-no in Potter areas). You also get a booklet that has all the rules in it.

CM.X777

You need to stop. You’re trying to create a false narrative when nothing exceptional with respect to a new ride opening is occurring.

There will be CM previews this month, then media days after Thanksgiving, then full open next month. The likely lack of guest previews is mostly to prevent any sort of negative narrative. They were legitimately surprised by the MFSR response.

The lack of guest preview is not because of "negative narrative". It's because the thing will barely be ready on the 5th IF it is even ready at all. Have you ever stopped to wonder why ALL the talk about execs riding Rise are them riding at DL? If DHS really was a month and a half ahead, then they would have taken the flight out there. You don't have to believe me, but the opening of Rise in DHS will be a S show.

As others have stated, that’s completely incorrect. Planning is already ongoing for cast previews.

How so? I said there is a 0% chance of soft openings, and that is a fact. I never said anything about CM ridership.

AEfx

@SWGalaxysEdge A question if you don’t mind - I’ve seen Leia mentioned as part of the plot (I believe Rey mentions her sending you on the mission?). Clearly Carrie died before they were doing any recording for the ride (sadly, because originally an “insider” told me that she was originally planned to appear herself). Do you know if any images or audio of Leia actually ended up appearing?

ToTBellHop

The lack of guest preview is not because of "negative narrative". It's because the thing will barely be ready on the 5th IF it is even ready at all. Have you ever stopped to wonder why ALL the talk about execs riding Rise are them riding at DL? If DHS really was a month and a half ahead, then they would have taken the flight out there. You don't have to believe me, but the opening of Rise in DHS will be a S show.

How so? I said there is a 0% chance of soft openings, and that is a fact. I never said anything about CM ridership.
You know best :rolleyes:

I would hazard execs ride the DL ride because they live in California and abhor the swamps. DHS is ahead of DL in testing--CMs are being trained.

You don’t have to believe me, though.

And suggesting that a cutting edge, new E-ticket will have downtime at opening is hardly profound. That is standard. MFSR was exceptional in how limited its downtime was at opening, but that is in large part due to the ride system. The lack of 100% reliability from RotR is the reason hours haven’t been extended for December yet.

RescueTheDay

Still is a possibility.

peter11435

People have ridden Rise at DHS also.

SWGalaxysEdge

@SWGalaxysEdge A question if you don’t mind - I’ve seen Leia mentioned as part of the plot (I believe Rey mentions her sending you on the mission?). Clearly Carrie died before they were doing any recording for the ride (sadly, because originally an “insider” told me that she was originally planned to appear herself). Do you know if any images or audio of Leia actually ended up appearing?

..I don't know, but I will ask for sure. If at all, I think she'd be in the ITS area as a voice...I'll check and get back either way.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

It takes place between the TFA and TLJ.

Movielover

If we're talking timeline (not to get too off topic), who removes the extra two seats from the Millennium Falcon cockpit, and when?

The only person who get things done in Hollywood... Some poor underpaid Production Assistant in between getting coffee for an actor and having to "respect" the producer's "genus" ideas... ;)

SWGalaxysEdge

Its weird to me because I have always just assumed DLR would get everything first. I always think of them as the "main HQ" for Disney since it all started there, but more and more it seems WDW is in charge of everything.

I can't think of a good reason why WDW should open RotR first, other than "just because" which is no good reason.
At this point I am in "whatever" mode when it comes to this. WDW will open it, the press will spoil it for DLR.

I wish the ride good luck with operation but there are so many moving parts its gonna be a real test to see if it all keeps running.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom