Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

erasure fan1

But did you have those thoughts regarding Pandora? The only reason I ask is there seems to be a lot less divided opinions regarding the Avatar IP than Star Wars. As such- the decisions of Disney regarding the World of Pandora expansion go largely unmolested by righteous anger and furious fanboys.
I'd say that is because, for the most part, Avatar has almost zero pop culture significance. Peoples expectations of an Avatar land were not real high. Just go back and look at the things said about the news it was coming to Disney. So in that respect it is an apples to oranges comparison. Not many went into Avatar land with crazy high expectations. Star wars on the other hand. Many have been dreaming about something like that for 40 years. So when you say righteous anger and furious fanboys, it's not really fair because Avatar really doesn't have any fanboys.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

What about the Mandalorian?
I don't really care to watch Disney's Boba Fett without Boba Fett show. It's not going to be good. Its all just visual fluff. You are not going to get a great characther or characther developement. "OHHH MAN! HE LOOKS LIKE BOBA FETT BUT IS NOT HIM!! THIS SHOW IS GONNA BAD @SS!!!" is all I am reading online which backs up my theory.

erasure fan1

OHHH MAN! HE LOOKS LIKE BOBA FETT BUT IS NOT HIM!! THIS SHOW IS GONNA BAD @SS!!!"
I am looking forward to the Mandalorian, but I do get this sentiment. It's not Boba fett, it's not ig-88... I would wager, Favreau wanted this to be a Boba fett story and he was told no. So hey, lets not use fan favorites, we'll just make some knock offs. It's Disney star wars logic at its finest.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I am looking forward to the Mandalorian, but I do get this sentiment. It's not Boba fett, it's not ig-88... I would wager, Favreau wanted this to be a Boba fett story and he was told no. So hey, lets not use fan favorites, we'll just make some knock offs. It's Disney star wars logic at its finest.
This show is gonna be surface level only. Nice visuals with little substance. You can't have a well acted show when your main characther has a giant helmet on during it. you know he is never gonna take off the helmet.

erasure fan1

This show is gonna be surface level only. Nice visuals with little substance. You can't have a well acted show when your main characther has a giant helmet on during it. you know he is never gonna take off the helmet.
I don't think they could take his helmet off because it's not Pedro underneath it from what I've seen. It sounds like they only have a small portion this season without it.

Surferboy567

I'm not trying to be disrespectful and mean this in a nice way. That being said, you do realize using the same characters over and over again is a bad idea for a franchise right? If the "fans" are that resistant to new characters before the series is even out...they aren't fans. Recycling old characters over and over again doesn't translate to better stories if the creators couldn't branch out we wouldn't have Star Wars in the first place. Oh, and Fav has said that he wanted to use new characters in the first place. So I am not really understanding your point.

Now that my rant is over back to staying ON TOPIC. Since this is a thread about RISE OF THE RESISTANCE and not the franchise as a whole.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

good thing Favreau has no experience dealing with a hero behind a helmet
:rolleyes:
So you mean to tell me the actor who plays FAKE BOBA FETT is as charming as Robert Downey Jr and has one eighth of his charisma? Is that why there is not one single piece of footage with the actor not in the helmet like there was for the original Iron Man? Oh wait there isn't? Why? Oh because Disney is trying to sell it off the Boba Fett look not the actor's ability. So to your snarky comment I say :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom