News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

mikejs78

Premium Member
More ambitious ok I’ll give you that.

I have seen on multiple occasions people actually break down and cry after getting off FoP as if they just had a religious experience.

Just because a ride is ambitious doesn’t mean it’s good.

FoP connects you to the world and inspires emotions for reasons that may be beyond explanation.

Rise does everything possible to connect you to the world also.
The problem is the world it connects you to is soulless.
It connects you to Disney Star Wars and for reasons people can argue about until the end of time, Disney Star Wars, or least the trilogy the ride is based on is soulless corporate vomit.

So I would argue that an IP doesn’t need to be popular for a ride to be good.

However if the IP the ride is based on ( Disney Trilogy) is actually a black hole of negative energy it hurts the experience.
I mean that's your opinion. I don't numerous people who have stated that rise is their favorite attraction on property - much better than flight of passage. Looking at the touring plans average wait times over the past few days, it's still by far The longest line on property. So for you, you may feel that flight of passages is a better attraction, and for many that may be the case. But I'm sure there's an equal number of people who feel that rise is the better attraction. Opinions differ on this.

Communicora

Premium Member
I mean that's your opinion. I don't numerous people who have stated that rise is their favorite attraction on property - much better than flight of passage. Looking at the touring plans average wait times over the past few days, it's still by far The longest line on property. So for you, you may feel that flight of passages is a better attraction, and for many that may be the case. But I'm sure there's an equal number of people who feel that rise is the better attraction. Opinions differ on this.
Exactly. I cried during Rise of the Resistance. The only tears in my eyes during Flight of Passage were because the "wind" made my eyes water. It's a neat ride but I didn't have the same emotional response. I'm sure it is the opposite for others. Both are great rides!

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Not me. I'd wait over an hour for FoP without hesitation. I don't think I would bother for RotR. The pre-show is great (and the one for FoP is terrible) but the ride itself isn't anything special. It's fun but there's other better rides at WDW. ToT is a better ride in the same park.
Most fun part of it was the rush of scoring a boarding group. Now they took that away...

PolynesianPrincess

Exactly. I cried during Rise of the Resistance. The only tears in my eyes during Flight of Passage was because the "wind" made my eyes water. It's a neat ride but I didn't have the same emotional response. I'm sure it is the opposite for others. Both are great rides!

I cried after Rise and also on FOP. Then again, I cry at basically everything so my experience doesn't count 🤣

Trauma

My Best Rides on Property:
1. Rise of the Resistance
2. Tower of Terror
3. Splash Mountain
4. Flight of Passage
5. Haunted Mansion
6. Kilimanjaro Safari
7. Soarin
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Big Thunder Mountain
10. Typhoon Lagoon (the pool, yes I love it that much)
This is a good list. Mine would be very similar except I would have Rise at 10 and move everything up one spot.

Im not even sure Rise deserves to be in the top 10 it’s hard to say. It’s the first ride where the pre show is actually better than the ride itself.

The first time I rode it after the pre show, I had this buzz inside me that I was about to experience the greatest ride I’ve ever been on.

By the time the piece of rubble was done slowly lowering over Disco Kyle Ren I was shaking my head.

What this ride could have been, it’s symbolic of galaxy’s edge overall.

A soulless land filled with characters that nobody cares about.

Touchdown

This is a good list. Mine would be very similar except I would have Rise at 10 and move everything up one spot.

Im not even sure Rise deserves to be in the top 10 it’s hard to say. It’s the first ride where the pre show is actually better than the ride itself.

The first time I rode it after the pre show, I had this buzz inside me that I was about to experience the greatest ride I’ve ever been on.

By the time the piece of rubble was done slowly lowering over Disco Kyle Ren I was shaking my head.

I’ve been on it a dozen times already and it’s still not old. I am still in awe of the blaster bolts that shoot through the air, and the story. There are 2 places where I feel like I’m in the Star Wars universe in Galaxy’s edge, on Rise and in the Cantina. I’m disappointed with the rest of the land.

Trauma

I’ve been on it a dozen times already and it’s still not old. I am still in awe of the blaster bolts that shoot through the air, and the story. There are 2 places where I feel like I’m in the Star Wars universe in Galaxy’s edge, on Rise and in the Cantina. I’m disappointed with the rest of the land.
Just imagine this ride but with Luke and company.

Vader hunting you down.

My god if they did that and did it well, take my money I’ll pay whatever IA$ you want, just get me on that ride.

PostScott

Both preshows are so much fun but I'd argue that the interrogation room preshow is the best. When I first went on it, I was so confused as to what would happen. I knew we couldn't go through the same door again (I was already blown away by how the ITS was on a turntable and we went through the same door again) because of how big the room was, there was no way it was on a turntable. We also waited 20 seconds after Kylo walked away and I was so wowed by the door in the wall with the Resistance busting out and the music playing.

The two preshows really ramp this attraction up to be an amazing one, but once you're on it I find it to be a bit lackluster. It still is a great attraction, but the preshows are really innovative and I kinda wish that the whole attraction was like that. I feel like the whole queue is almost like an experience with more guest freedom than the average ride, but once you start the ride all that freedom gets taken away and it's just a ride. Idk why tho but my favorite part of the ride is the gun hallway scene. Probably because that whole hallway is full of kinetic energy.

Animaniac93-98

If they did, I'd imagine it would be skipping the pre show and transport and finding some way to get right to assignment for the holding cells.

They'd have to because there isnt a way to enforce single rider through the pre show and transport. At least as we know it?

Sounds unlikely to me.

I'm sure they could figure out a way.

Maybe have the line manned by a First Order officer saying "you thought you could escape alone, undetected? Fools!"

LovePop

Here we are, Sunday afternoon at 4:39 p.m. in the MDE app:
Slinky Dog: 45m
RotR: 60m
Falcon: 35m
Toy Story mania: 20m
Terror Tower: 20 m

And at other parks,
SpashM: 30m
7DwarfsMT: 55m
Flight: 40m
Frozen: 40m

Things are looking pretty decent! We might finally be able to get on RotR for once!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom