News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

999th Happy Haunt

Not necessarily. I think FOP and Navi River together are better than Falcon and Rise together.

I really don’t like the lack of immersion about the FOP ride system. I don’t buy the “we will connect you to a banshee” - Rise is total immersion. But the actual ride? I mean FOP really does feel like you are flying. It’s pretty incredible.
Don’t get me wrong, FoP is amazing, but at the end of the day it’s just a 3D movie that has moving seats. Rise feels like I’m actually going on an adventure in the Star Wars universe. No other attraction has transported me quite like Rise has.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not necessarily. I think FOP and Navi River together are better than Falcon and Rise together.

I really don’t like the lack of immersion about the FOP ride system. I don’t buy the “we will connect you to a banshee” - Rise is total immersion. But the actual ride? I mean FOP really does feel like you are flying. It’s pretty incredible.
The one ride has better preshows…to a certain extent.

the “ride” comparison isn’t close.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Most haven’t ridden it.

most have seen (and forgotten)…those gawd awful movies though…so that matters

avatar was “those blue people”…which is probably a more fond recollection…in reality

Well it is in the middle of giant blue space hippieland. Silly premise that the natives would win in a conflict. One look at thier biology with exposed nerve sheaths is glaring vulnerability. Some VX or satin would depopulate an area rather quickly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well it is in the middle of giant blue space hippieland. Silly premise that the natives would win in a conflict. One look at thier biology with exposed nerve sheaths is glaring vulnerability. Some VX or satin would depopulate an area rather quickly.
I’m not preaching the merits of that weird movie…

i’m just saying…cameron didn’t have Akbar sucked out of a window and give luke skywalker a mid life crisis…

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Don’t get me wrong, FoP is amazing, but at the end of the day it’s just a 3D movie that has moving seats. Rise feels like I’m actually going on an adventure in the Star Wars universe. No other attraction has transported me quite like Rise has.

This is the difficulty with trying to compare attractions that are so different to each other

disneygeek90

I've been hearing ROTR wait time is also posted way higher than the actual line
It’s hit and miss. Touring plans waited 107 today with posted 120. Another user in the Rise thread in the HS sub forum waited 131 just to get to the first preshow. With, of course, some downtime involved.

PolynesianPrincess

I don't know who this everyone is that you speak of. It's certainly the longest ride in the park.

People that I have spoken with said with Rise going standby, the line for rise would be so long that lines for other rides would be much shorter. But looking over the past few days, that is not the case. Rise is long but so are the other lines in the park. Changing Rise to standby hasn't done much to alleviate lines at other attractions.

GimpYancIent

If they did, I'd imagine it would be skipping the pre show and transport and finding some way to get right to assignment for the holding cells.

They'd have to because there isnt a way to enforce single rider through the pre show and transport. At least as we know it?

Sounds unlikely to me.
Why is there a need to segregate the single rider's from the herd during preshow and transport? The only possible time single riders need to be accommodated in any way would be during the escape segment in the ride vehicles.

TimeTrip

Why is there a need to segregate the single rider's from the herd during preshow and transport? The only possible time single riders need to be accommodated in any way would be during the escape segment in the ride vehicles.
Once they get mixed with non-singlerider, what motivation would they have after the transport to go back to being a single rider? It's not an issue for actual single riders, but if you just mix everyone together before fixed placement you would probably see families enter the single rider line and just act like they were on the regular line after the transport.

Trauma

I think most would agree Rise is the better ride, certainly more ambitious
More ambitious ok I’ll give you that.

I have seen on multiple occasions people actually break down and cry after getting off FoP as if they just had a religious experience.

Just because a ride is ambitious doesn’t mean it’s good.

FoP connects you to the world and inspires emotions for reasons that may be beyond explanation.

Rise does everything possible to connect you to the world also.
The problem is the world it connects you to is soulless.
It connects you to Disney Star Wars and for reasons people can argue about until the end of time, Disney Star Wars, or least the trilogy the ride is based on is soulless corporate vomit.

So I would argue that an IP doesn’t need to be popular for a ride to be good.

However if the IP the ride is based on ( Disney Trilogy) is actually a black hole of negative energy it hurts the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom