News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Cesar R M

Let's just call it fixed path since there's no randomized movement. Thoroughly scripted movement.
I think the only randomization is the place you appear and move. All depending on which cell or cart you get boarded to.

Also, speaking of riders.. did the finally remove the hideous dirty covid acrylic "barriers" ?
If you are unlucky to board in the back while these are there.. it will ruin your experience.

DaveN1996

Was in that mass of crowd at 8:30 last Thursday... all in all, was in line right around 45 minutes, as they really seemed at least initially to get everyone through at a decent pace...

Course the problem was, with the line ahead of us, everyone was filtering right on through and into Smugglers Run as soon as they got off, but hey, didn't have to wing and a prayer it for a virtual pass

lewisc

I finally had the chance to ride RotR earlier this month.

On the IP: I personally found the first two films of the new trilogy to be quite nice whereas the final one I thought might be their worst movie ever. I understand why people view something like the new trilogy to be soulless, but it's still being made by thousands of artists who truly do care and and I think universally finding it soulless to be unfair. I also find them generally better made than the prequels. I really connected to the characters and thought they had really beautiful moments and character developments the first two movies.

Anyway, when it comes to the ride, RotR is the most immersive ride I have ever been on. Even if you don't love the new movies, I find it truly remarkable and exciting. I won't spoil it, but I haven't been so delighted by the entire experience of a ride, starting with the queue/pre-shows since the original HP ride. And I think RotR surpasses it in many ways (although no ride compares to wading through Hogwarts to me).

I liked SR too actually, but agree it needs randomized adventures and I don't know why they didn't put in efforts so that the actions you take, even if only a few per ride, can alter how the story progresses. If each ride had a few twists and endings that varied based on how your team did, that would be amazing. Maybe in the future? Maybe when they build some integration with the Star Wars hotel?
If you do a great job your pilot lands the MF, otherwise Chewbacca lands it remotely

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think the only randomization is the place you appear and move. All depending on which cell or cart you get boarded to.

Also, speaking of riders.. did the finally remove the hideous dirty covid acrylic "barriers" ?
If you are unlucky to board in the back while these are there.. it will ruin your experience.
Most of them on the rebel side. New order still has them going to interrogation. None on ride vehicles.

Purduevian

perhaps but crazy still to get at park before 830a opening and find yourself in crowd with hundreds and facing hour or longer wait...better strategy is to wait until just before park closes?? (asking as we are going in mid Nov)
Crowds haven't really hit for October yet. But if it was me, I would show up at 8:25am and walk down to TOT and RnRC instead of fighting the Star Wars crowd.

Cesar R M

October 1st:3pm
Magic Kingdom:
7D/HM/JC: 40
PPF:30
SM/Pooh:25

EPCOT:
FEA: 40
Ratatouille 1pm Join group still open

Hollywood Studios
ROTR: 45minutes
SDD 40
MFSR/MMRR:25

Animal Kingdom
KRR:25

Everything else is under 20 minutes... what a great day to be in the parks!
Wait a second, so all the crowds went to MK only to see the fireworks and shop?
Those numbers are.. weirdly low.

RoadiJeff

ROTR currently shows a 95 minute wait, one hour after the park has been open to everyone. For anyone who is there, is that still an inflated time like it was when they first started doing the standby line, or is that closer to the actual wait time now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom