News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More ambitious ok I’ll give you that.

I have seen on multiple occasions people actually break down and cry after getting off FoP as if they just had a religious experience.

Just because a ride is ambitious doesn’t mean it’s good.

FoP connects you to the world and inspires emotions for reasons that may be beyond explanation.

Rise does everything possible to connect you to the world also.
The problem is the world it connects you to is soulless.
It connects you to Disney Star Wars and for reasons people can argue about until the end of time, Disney Star Wars, or least the trilogy the ride is based on is soulless corporate vomit.

So I would argue that an IP doesn’t need to be popular for a ride to be good.

However if the IP the ride is based on ( Disney Trilogy) is actually a black hole of negative energy it hurts the experience.
…you know…this never occurred to me? 🤔
I mean that's your opinion. I don't numerous people who have stated that rise is their favorite attraction on property - much better than flight of passage. Looking at the touring plans average wait times over the past few days, it's still by far The longest line on property. So for you, you may feel that flight of passages is a better attraction, and for many that may be the case. But I'm sure there's an equal number of people who feel that rise is the better attraction. Opinions differ on this.
Some opinions are better than others. I’m not in charge of picking the “winners”…but that statement is a fact.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't care what RotR is about, it's a dark, fast, trackless ride and I want to be on it. If instead of SW, it were about How Toilets Are Made, people would line up for it just as eagerly.
You forgot the 12 second sim at the end…

it’s not fast…and “trackless” in this case doesn’t vary…which makes it kinda irrelevant.

And “you don’t care what it’s about?”

its Star Wars…perhaps you’ve heard of it?
Perhaps they ripped half the trees out of Disneyland for extra waiting areas prior to opening…cause it’s Star Wars. And no other reason?

mikejs78

Premium Member
…you know…this never occurred to me? 🤔

Some opinions are better than others. I’m not in charge of picking the “winners”…but that statement is a fact.

it’s not fast…and “trackless” in this case doesn’t vary…which makes it kinda irrelevant.

Perhaps they ripped half the trees out of Disneyland for extra waiting areas prior to opening…cause it’s Star Wars. And no other reason?
I get it. You don't like the ride. Many do. Move on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get it. You don't like the ride. Many do. Move on.
What makes you think it’s about me?

…it’s not…it’s about some attempt at objectivity. I miss a lot…but I try.
“Many”…can you loan me “many dollars”? I’ll pay you back in “not many” days 👍🏻

how many times have you been on this thing?

LovePop

It's faster than Small World, isn't it? That's fast for me. And I want trackless, never tried it, so even if it's irrelevant, it still sounds neat. I don't know what they did to Disneyland to build that thing, but one cannot look at the past, but rather make the most out of the present. And in the present, after $1 billion, we have RotR. You can ride it, or you can mourn over what could have been done with $1B. Best option: enjoy RotR the best you can and never look back at the trees that got ripped out.

I don't know what "the 12 second sim" means. I'll figure it out when I get on the ride. I'm planning on going in 2 years.

SplashJacket

Right now, RotR's wait time is 15 minutes, near park closing. So, that's how I'm going to ride this thing when I get there. No need to pay $$ for fastpass, just stay late. No need to wake up at some God forsaken hour to "rope drop" either.
There's always a chance that Rise could go down, so I wouldn't recommend waiting until the very end of the day.

The 15 minutes is also probably more representative of the current crowds than anything. That being said, the recent obsession with rope dropping has diminished its benefits while maximized the benefits of park-closing.

RoadiJeff

People keep referring to ROTR as a "ride". It is much more than that, it's an experience. If I went to HS one day and could do nothing more than go on the ROTR experience I would still leave happy.

Anyway, I'm trying not to give away any secrets for anyone who has not done it yet but have any of you come up with any wisecracks or something to say to the First Order officers as they eye you up and down? I tried using the Jedi mind trick on one by waving my fingers like Obi-Wan Kenobi did in the movie when they were questioned by the stormtroopers about the droids and I said something like, "These are not the humans you are looking for" but he didn't fall for it. :D

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Let's just call it fixed path since there's no randomized movement. Thoroughly scripted movement.

Purduevian

What is the rating here? Ride? Wait times?
Ahh sorry. Everyone here was arguing FOP vs RotR with their personal choice and I was attempting to give a more objective rating based on Touring Plan's ratings. They don't give a ton of information on their methodology except: "The following list shows attractions with appeal by age group. Attraction ratings are on a scale from 0 (very bad) to 5 (excellent). Click on the header links to sort!"

I have my own feelings on RotR vs FOP, as many on this forum do... but no one really cares which one I like more. Instead Touring plans giving RotR a 5 and FOP a 4.5 shows me that in general people really like both rides, but prefer RotR to FOP.

Here is the links I pulled the numbers from:
https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions
https://touringplans.com/epcot/attractions
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Don’t get me wrong, FoP is amazing, but at the end of the day it’s just a 3D movie that has moving seats. Rise feels like I’m actually going on an adventure in the Star Wars universe. No other attraction has transported me quite like Rise has.

It connects you to Disney Star Wars and for reasons people can argue about until the end of time, Disney Star Wars, or least the trilogy the ride is based on is soulless corporate vomit.
I finally had the chance to ride RotR earlier this month.

On the IP: I personally found the first two films of the new trilogy to be quite nice whereas the final one I thought might be their worst movie ever. I understand why people view something like the new trilogy to be soulless, but it's still being made by thousands of artists who truly do care and and I think universally finding it soulless to be unfair. I also find them generally better made than the prequels. I really connected to the characters and thought they had really beautiful moments and character developments the first two movies.

Anyway, when it comes to the ride, RotR is the most immersive ride I have ever been on. Even if you don't love the new movies, I find it truly remarkable and exciting. I won't spoil it, but I haven't been so delighted by the entire experience of a ride, starting with the queue/pre-shows since the original HP ride. And I think RotR surpasses it in many ways (although no ride compares to wading through Hogwarts to me).

I liked SR too actually, but agree it needs randomized adventures and I don't know why they didn't put in efforts so that the actions you take, even if only a few per ride, can alter how the story progresses. If each ride had a few twists and endings that varied based on how your team did, that would be amazing. Maybe in the future? Maybe when they build some integration with the Star Wars hotel?

nickys

Premium Member
Ahh sorry. Everyone here was arguing FOP vs RotR with their personal choice and I was attempting to give a more objective rating based on Touring Plan's ratings. They don't give a ton of information on their methodology except: "The following list shows attractions with appeal by age group. Attraction ratings are on a scale from 0 (very bad) to 5 (excellent). Click on the header links to sort!"

I have my own feelings on RotR vs FOP, as many on this forum do... but no one really cares which one I like more. Instead Touring plans giving RotR a 5 and FOP a 4.5 shows me that in general people really like both rides, but prefer RotR to FOP.

Here is the links I pulled the numbers from:
https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions
https://touringplans.com/epcot/attractions
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions
Touring Plans’ methodology for ride ratings uses feedback from both users of their app / website and the Unofficial Guide.

Cesar R M

I'm wondering the same thing. We're attempting to rope drop Rise during early hours on Tuesday. Looks like someone reported an actual wait time of 14 minutes at 8:39am. We're planning to get to DHS by 7:15-7:30.
I wonder, do the entire rope goes straight to Star Wars Land? or still the majority go for the TOWER OF TERROR?

Cesar R M

More ambitious ok I’ll give you that.

I have seen on multiple occasions people actually break down and cry after getting off FoP as if they just had a religious experience.

Just because a ride is ambitious doesn’t mean it’s good.

FoP connects you to the world and inspires emotions for reasons that may be beyond explanation.

So I would argue that an IP doesn’t need to be popular for a ride to be good.

However if the IP the ride is based on ( Disney Trilogy) is actually a black hole of negative energy it hurts the experience.
that and the animatronics of the main cast look hideous XD
Funny, considering how good the Mon Calamari and robot ones look XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom