News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What were FoP numbers today? Comparable?

Lower. 45 min at one point when it was 75 for Rise.

Currently Rise is 105 and FoP is 40.
There’s nobody there…which shows a couple of things:

1. their Ride capacity isn’t enough…not anyday. Which is why they need Elaborate management schemes
2. They’re gonna go for the “shiny object” line in mgm…which is what they have done and what Disney wants.
3. If this demand doesn’t sustain -like flight of passage - it’s gonna really put a kink in this “lightning” thing. These “top liners” will look transient and temporary…and people will be looking for more shovels and more queues.

PuertoRekinSam

there was zero reason to dump the virtual in low crowds unless you want to create chaos.
I am sure that also using the system for Rat has something to do with it.
We all know how Disney’s systems react to excess demand. So they want to avoid the “stitch ate the page” at all cost.
Turn it off at rise now and move resources to rat.

is it ideal no? Is it the best reason? No. But is it a likely reason? Yes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all know how Disney’s systems react to excess demand. So they want to avoid the “stitch ate the page” at all cost.

You can’t sell $20 rides on iPhones if there isn’t a long line.

Sherlock Holmes conclusion

disneygeek90

They're operating BG's at two attractions in DL CA right now.

dreday3

Of course it isn't. The pre-show is still the line.

You might as well say you want to get in front of the 200 or so people waiting to get on Space Mountain once you get into the switch-backs rather than wait like everyone else through that part of the line at the end. 🙄

Trust me, after seeing Clair Huxtable go on for the 500th time about how the Dinosaur tech is "proprietary" I wish I could skip that part (and the associated wait) too but again, it's all still the line.

No need for an eye-roll, sorry my wish upset you so much! 😂

And, nothing is impossible...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was there in 2020. And because almost every single live show was taken offline. All the crowds packed the standard attraction queues.
So the wait times were similar.. between 30 to 40 minutes in most rides.
That would appears to be “high demand” at lower operational cost to the casual observer - Wouldn’t it?

ToTBellHop

That played no role in this.

joup7

Is anybody actually there today and was in the line and can actually verify how long the line took compared to the posted wait time?

Parker in NYC

Correct. I just see this as a twofer for Disney: if lines are long, guests either buy LL or stay on site and come early (or they do both!). Win-win for Disney. And getting in line before the street rats staying off site is definitely a perk.
But how early do us “un-deluxe” on-site rats have to show up? Is it going to be a re-do of opening day… every day? Asking hypothetically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom