News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

ToTBellHop

Bloggers: “like, oh my God, guys!!1 There are INSANE crowds at Rise of the Resistance today! Look at these pictures of mobs walking orderly!!!!1 Crazy cakes!”

Meanwhile…
DB1F8E6D-0013-46A8-8F05-004D95B19273.png

Jungle Cruise has the same wait time as RotR right now.
1632414364450.gif

Stick to reviewing cupcakes and Loungefly releases! Grownups are talking!

Cesar R M

Bloggers: “like, oh my God, guys!!1 There are INSANE crowds at Rise of the Resistance today! Look at these pictures of mobs walking orderly!!!!1 Crazy cakes!”

Meanwhile…
View attachment 588714
Jungle Cruise has the same wait time as RotR right now.
View attachment 588717
Stick to reviewing cupcakes and Loungefly releases! Grownups are talking!
We're not even in the 50th Mr Bubblingboopytybop.
Parks are usually lower capacity before the influx waiting for the "big event".

MrPromey

Yes! But unfortunately that's not possible. :D
Of course it isn't. The pre-show is still the line.

You might as well say you want to get in front of the 200 or so people waiting to get on Space Mountain once you get into the switch-backs rather than wait like everyone else through that part of the line at the end. 🙄

Trust me, after seeing Clair Huxtable go on for the 500th time about how the Dinosaur tech is "proprietary" I wish I could skip that part (and the associated wait) too but again, it's all still the line.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I never thought I’d see a day where FoP was just 30 minutes less of a wait than Rise. Then again, I hadn’t met 2020.
I was there in 2020. And because almost every single live show was taken offline. All the crowds packed the standard attraction queues.
So the wait times were similar.. between 30 to 40 minutes in most rides.

MrPromey

Smugglers Run is a pretty lame ride though. It’s a one and done for most people. I would dare say that Star Tours is a better ride due to the randomization. If you didn’t actually sit in the cockpit of the millennium falcon, it would be considered one of the worst rides in the park. If they were smart they would change the video to the ones used in Star Tours and keep it randomized. That would be an excellent way to allow you to leave Batuu and go to the places in the Star Wars universe that people love, not to mention in the millennium falcon. They could then completely retheme Star Tours to a different IP and have all of the Star Wars in the one land.

What about if they were to simply add more than one experience - different missions with slightly different goals (in the same way they do with Star Tours) so it actually feels a little different and it wouldn't be entirely obvious on a second or third or fifth ride-through that the "interactive" aspect of the ride isn't all that different from Mission Space?

They could of course, also create greater consequences for a poor ride-through other than a lower score - it doesn't have to be a "you loose - you suck" ending so much as just a different ending from the same start involving the actual in-ride experience rather than a "meh" grade on a video screen and some "damage" people don't seem to notice on exit.

I feel like at least some of the bigger issues with this one could be improved upon within the software.

Remember, for most of it's life (decades), Star Tours was the very same dated practical effects video attraction it started out with on opening.

Comparatively speaking, this one should be easy for them to iterate on.

Hopefully, they do.

Parker in NYC

I was there in 2020. And because almost every single live show was taken offline. All the crowds packed the standard attraction queues.
So the wait times were similar.. between 30 to 40 minutes in most rides.
I was referring to the current lack of crowds/state of things because 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom