News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Chi84

Premium Member
Breach of contract…

its far flung…but there have been cases in the past where people have claimed that buying a ticket forms a legal contract…and therefore can sue the operator for “breaching” that contract.

I’m not saying it’s a good case…but the case could be made if there is zero opportunity to ride a ride under the base “ride ticket”…which is what a daily ticket is. It’s not a concrete ticket…not the $209 you paid to “experience” boo bash (what’s your countdown clock down?)…

also…concert venues have been sued when start times changed or the artists get sick and cancel.

it’s a very easy world to live in if you have 300 law schools (and you need no more than 50)
‘Merica 🇺🇸
"Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, FastPass+ selections, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to rehabilitation, refurbishing, capacity, seasonal, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort. Ticket media is not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced. *** Guests may be required to have a park reservation in addition to valid ticket to visit a park. Park admission is not guaranteed." Etc.

I understand that the headliners are not a special or premium event that is separately priced under the current terms and conditions, but what would stop Disney from making them so? Your ticket won't get you into a park without a park reservation.

If you're talking about lawyers filing lawsuits without a valid legal theory (as opposed to a snowball's chance in hell based on a valid theory), that doesn't happen nearly as often as people think. Also, many of those off-the-wall cases are filed pro se and dismissed the first time a judge looks at them. It's true that anyone can file a baseless suit, but if Disney wants to do something, they'll shore up the legalities in advance.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Breach of contract…

its far flung…but there have been cases in the past where people have claimed that buying a ticket forms a legal contract…and therefore can sue the operator for “breaching” that contract.

I’m not saying it’s a good case…but the case could be made if there is zero opportunity to ride a ride under the base “ride ticket”…which is what a daily ticket is. It’s not a concrete ticket…not the $209 you paid to “experience” boo bash (what’s your countdown clock down?)…

also…concert venues have been sued when start times changed or the artists get sick and cancel.

it’s a very easy world to live in if you have 300 law schools (and you need no more than 50)
‘Merica 🇺🇸
I'm pretty sure it's in the fine print that parks, parking, attractions, food service, transportation, and anything else you might expect to get for your daily admission fee is subject to availability, weather, and any of a myriad of other reasons why you might not be able to experience, use, eat, drink or see it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure it's in the fine print that parks, parking, attractions, food service, transportation, and anything else you might expect to get for your daily admission fee is subject to availability, weather, and any of a myriad of other reasons why you might not be able to experience, use, eat, drink or see it.
It absolutely does…

…however what at this point hasn’t been challenged in court?

I’m not proposing anything or starting a peace March (or armed insurrection)…

this is a bit different than small world down for rehab - however. If they try to go “paid only”…then it is a technical bait and switch on the daily ticket.

“we know you bought this ticket 18 months ago with expectations…but a functioning ride is only available if you spent $30 more a person…but it’s working…so others will get to ride it even if you don’t”

…i’m spitballing…but there is a line there if such things are deemed “alright” in Burbank while Bob’s wife has the sunroom retiled with marble excavated from a dig below Vesuvius.

RollerCoaster

I assure you that you are wrong. Disney did indeed give out more than 50% of an attractions capacity in Fastpass inventory. Usually significantly more than 50%. Generally the number was in the 60-70% range. Once accounting for fastpasses given out elsewhere and other scenarios, roughly 80% of an attractions riders were utilizing the Fastpass queue.
If you read what I wrote then you would understand that I said they didn't allocate more than 50% of an attraction's throughput in FastPass distribution. I never talked about redemption which would be a higher number because of the various scenarios that I mentioned. 80% in redemption would be an exceptionally bad day operationally, but I would argue that it would rarely average to 80% across the entire day. It may be that high during select hours, if there is a lot of attraction downtime.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Despite what some online bloggers claim the majority of the attraction capacity was never reserved for FP. In real-world operations sometimes the FP line would eat up more capacity in an hour than stand-by, but that would never be the plan.

Those who claim that 60-80 percent of capacity was allocated for FP distribution are wrong. If Disney actually distributed FP's for more than 50% of a ride's capacity then they would be creating operational problems they'd prefer to avoid. When you determine how many FPs can be distributed you have to account for unanticipated scenarios- downtime, periods of time when throughput unexpectedly falls, and each ride has to pick up the slack for other rides' downtime. You have to account for FPs that are distributed at guest relations or those that are given as a replacement when an attraction is down.
They did do that…and it caused 5 years of near daily, stagnant logjam in wdw…

and in public view.
They order to avoid “that”…which is a big reason why they unceremoniously dumped the system

MrPromey

I didn't forget, but that's no reason to raise it to an art form.

I may have overstated when I said Disney has turned greedy and exploitative; they're probably no worse than other companies in the travel and entertainment industry. But there clearly has been a change in philosophy by the company in recent years.

It's not so much the complaining per se that I find unpalatable; it's more the unwarranted attacks on other guests for choosing how they spend their money at Disney. Absent some highly-coordinated economic boycott (unlikely), the only thing that will change the company's direction is the normal course of the free market. People will stop paying when the offerings no longer have the requisite value, for whatever reason. Even if every person on this site committed to not paying for Genie+ it would have no impact whatsoever.

I absolutely loved FP+ because it worked beautifully with the way my family vacations. But I understand that the system did not work well for others and had to change. I hope Genie+ turns out to be workable for us and that the paid rides are not consistently priced on the high end of the range. The one thing I won't do is stand in long lines all day every day at Disney simply because other posters here believe that system is the most fair to them. If I'm the only person who feels that way, I have no doubt Disney will change course again.
I think what you're seeing is people's frustration with that and a sense of having no power to change the direction of things.

In some cases, I'm sure it's just general frustration that's coming across as personal attacks.

... and I'm sure some people really do want to blame other individuals like any one guest is the problem.

Either way, it's not your problem just like it's not their money.

Personally, I'm not happy with things but I also don't expect anyone else to change their vacation behavior to suit my own.

I might not always be clear about that but for fans, this isn't and shouldn't be framed as any sort of silly moral debate - at least not as it pertains to the consumer side of things.

That said, I'm pretty sure that one part of the original surenity prayer was:

".. grant me the stamina to b!t#h about what I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.." 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
I think what you're seeing is people's frustration with that and a sense of having no power to change the direction of things.

In some cases, I'm sure it's just general frustration that's coming across as personal attacks.

... and I'm sure some people really do want to blame other individuals like any one guest is the problem.

Either way, it's not your problem just like it's not their money.

Personally, I'm not happy with things but I also don't expect anyone else to change their vacation behavior to suit my own.

I might not always be clear about that but for fans, this isn't and shouldn't be framed as any sort of silly moral debate - at least not as it pertains to the consumer side of things.

That said, I'm pretty sure that one part of the original surenity prayer was:

".. grant me the stamina to b!t#h about what I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.." 🤷‍♂️
SERENITY NOW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom