News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

So where’s my Saturday people at?

9E4AB8A2-27EE-4A8F-92A1-896508660D1B.gif

SuperStretccch

forgot to post here, but I also went yesterday and got group 49. I was anxiously checking the app all day and watched the numbers stop and then slowly crawl up again at a sloth's pace. Saw no boarding until about 10am, as stated by someone else, and boarding also stopped for a while after group 38. Finally got called on at about 4:30. Certainly didn't seem like one of the speedier days for the ride.

Ride broke down (or "all missions delayed") for about a half hour while I was in line and everyone was appeased with free snacks, water, and Chewbacca. Got into the first pre-show room with BB-8 at about 6, so all in all it took about 75-90 minutes from scan time. What an unabashedly fun experience from start to finish, though! Worth all the wait and aggravation, and so good that I'm actually willing to get up early again just to do it a second time. A winner in my book.

EDIT: Forgot to add this, but a tip. Don't use the method of opening the My Status page and pulling down to refresh when it turns 8am, because it doesn't work. I saw someone using this method in a video and thought it would work for me, but it never did; the Join button remained greyed out. I had to back out and tap "My Status" again to get the button to finally work. If it were not for that minor blip, I probably could've gotten a group even lower, but hey, i got on the ride regardless, so not complaining.

Last edited:
forgot to post here, but I also went yesterday and got group 49. I was anxiously checking the app all day and watched the numbers stop and then slowly crawl up again at a sloth's pace. Saw no boarding until about 10am, as stated by someone else, and boarding also stopped for a while after group 38. Finally got called on at about 4:30. Certainly didn't seem like one of the speedier days for the ride.

Ride broke down (or "all missions delayed") for about a half hour while I was in line and everyone was appeased with free snacks, water, and Chewbacca. Got into the first pre-show room with BB-8 at about 6, so all in all it took about 75-90 minutes from scan time. What an unabashedly fun experience from start to finish, though! Worth all the wait and aggravation, and so good that I'm actually willing to get up early again just to do it a second time. A winner in my book.
What method did you use to get BG 49? @Demarke or from scratch? WiFi or cellular?

SuperStretccch

What method did you use to get BG 49? @Demarke or from scratch? WiFi or cellular?

updated my original post with the method I had to use. I was on cellular as the Disney Wi-Fi was horribly spotty in my area of the park (i was hanging out near the hyperion theater bathrooms) and I wouldn't trust it in general with something as serious as this. There was another family next to me who got (I believe) 27, or somewhere in the 20's.

Also, another note, although the app runs a bit slow on my phone (it's not $1000 top-tier quality) it thankfully didn't crash like what I've heard from others. I could've gotten it lower had i been more prepared, but in the end i'm happy i even got to go on. If I had gotten it in the 100's it probably would've never happened, especially with how sluggish the boarding was yesterday.

disneygeek90

updated my original post with the method I had to use. I was on cellular as the Disney Wi-Fi was horribly spotty in my area of the park (i was hanging out near the hyperion theater bathrooms) and I wouldn't trust it in general with something as serious as this. There was another family next to me who got (I believe) 27, or somewhere in the 20's.

Also, another note, although the app runs a bit slow on my phone (it's not $1000 top-tier quality) it thankfully didn't crash like what I've heard from others. I could've gotten it lower had i been more prepared, but in the end i'm happy i even got to go on. If I had gotten it in the 100's it probably would've never happened, especially with how sluggish the boarding was yesterday.
Sounds like you used a method that works for some but definitely not consistent. I’ve tried that twice and haven’t had any result. I’m glad you pulled through though! All things considered you really had a good group.

It was definitely one of the tougher days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom