News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

I'm a Disney cultist. I'm married to the mouse. And, I'm a go-to at my office for Disney tips and strategies. There's lots of RoTR in my life whether or not I keep tabs on it here. But, I don't know why I have to defend a legit observation?

Just be clear and accurate is all I'm saying.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Has there been any sort of progress made the past 2 months? Obviously we've been through the discussion that it opened early but even if it did we're past the 2 month mark. How much "too early" could it have been?
I’m afraid it doesn’t look like it yet.

Ops would have preferred January. They begged for late December. Then pleaded for mid December.

Kamikaze

Playing the hypothetical game, if they opened in January, would we really be in that different of a spot? It doesn't seem that Disneyland is having significantly different experiences.

Disneyland's original target date was actually June 2019. Before the problems. So if you count that time as time they had to work on some aspects of the attraction, it could be quite a while before we see smooth operation.

Josh Hendy

Thanks! It took 20+ minutes on the phone, but our "incomplete linkage" has been fixed and DH is now able to view and manage the kids' full plans, and not just their hotel and dining reservations (!??). It's as though MDE has now recognized, Maury Povich style, "DH, you ARE the father!"
I get this completely.

WDW is my and my family's favorite place on earth. Next to our beds.

And I'm reading this thread thinking to myself, I am definitely on the right track thinking that our next couple vacation will be Luray Caverns, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Maryland beaches.

The next family vacation will be Big Island.

disneygeek90

I get this completely.

WDW is my and my family's favorite place on earth. Next to our beds.

And I'm reading this thread thinking to myself, I am definitely on the right track thinking that our next couple vacation will be Luray Caverns, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Maryland beaches.

The next family vacation will be Big Island.
Did you quote the wrong quote?

Now I'm kinda worried ... is this phone app lottery "the way forward" and likely to be the only way to access new, popular attractions at WDW ... or is it strictly a short-term solution (in scare quotes) to the allegedly "bad" reaction to the opening of Hogwarts at Universal Studios Florida?

Because good old fashioned ride testing, soft openings and "you take your chances" and queuing around the park don't look all that bad compared to freaking out trying to access an attraction lottery via 5 different cell phones.

I'm going to make a modest proposal ... fire at least 1/2 of the app development team and use the budget to add more hands-on engineers and technicians to build more rides. Even if the app developers are all H1Bs and the savings are not very big.

"Yay, more apps!" does not a great vacation make.
If it makes you feel any better, they just released another update for the app. After updating my account/app it no longer crashes!! Yay!!! I’m so excited...now only 60 days more of waiting until I attempt this craziness Disney calls “joining a boarding group”!!! Lol

Good news: With the latest MDE update it now takes 3-5 seconds for the app to load

Not so good news: Several times today it’s taken 20 seconds for My Status button to turn red and a couple of times I’ve gotten this error and it won’t load unless I restart my whole phone!
655B8B62-1B1A-491C-8E96-BDE0BACB7811.png

For those of you at the park you might want to try and make sure it’s not happening to you before tomorrow’s BG lottery.

matt9112

the BG system is not perfect, but let’s say there was no BG system, no fastpass, just standby. You would get on a multi hour line not knowing if you would get on. With the BG system, I know in the morning, I am not going to get on, and with no waiting. 😔

Unless ride breaks disney has always been good about letting anyone standing in line ride attraction x

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom