News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If number of people in groups has remained the same, we are definitely seeing the ride perform worse, not better. The only other factors I see is the hour later open, and starting groups at ~10 or so fewer (starting at group 3 instead of 12)
View attachment 448280
Overall it isn’t getting better. Early January still had the best day.

KevinPage

Guest Experience Team - cast members in blue shirts.

Don’t forget the......

4752FFDB-D09B-45AF-ADB8-8A5E93107B54.gif

Kamikaze

No idea. I’m not going off boarding groups ;)

Roger. But what you're saying is in line with BGs staying the same. Magic Feather hinted that the size isn't the same as it used to be, but I see no reason why it would change except to possibly stop people from seeing capacity/throughput.

KevinPage

When you say the “from scratch method”...what EXACTLY did you do?

close everything, reboot phone, turn off WiFi/Bluetooth and don’t load MDE until the clock🕰 hits 8am (or whatever time park opens that day)

@Demarke method is same thing BUT you load MDE 2-3 minutes prior and sit at main screen and don’t click FIND MORE INFO until park hits opening time.

each method has its fans and has proved effective at getting good/early BG 🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:

DANDAMAN1

So, DHS has +30k visitors a day, right? How many out of that +30k try for boarding groups, and how many "people" are average to ride the the RotR per day? Is that info anywhere? Just curious to see if Disney is doing a good job yet, or is it even possible with this ride type.

KevinPage

@DisneyPirate123 , since the lottery system has been in place I have used the FROM SCRATCH METHOD 5x and obtained groups:

25, 21, 131, 13, 18

Loading app early and sitting on main screen used last 3 visits and obtained:

22, 11, 14

Take into consideration that depending upon the day, boarding groups start at any # they want (1 or 2 or 10 or 13, whatever). On Saturday it started at 13, so technically I got a 2 🤩

close everything, reboot phone, turn off WiFi/Bluetooth and don’t load MDE until the clock🕰 hits 8am (or whatever time park opens that day)

@Demarke method is same thing BUT you load MDE 2-3 minutes prior and sit at main screen and don’t click FIND MORE INFO until park hits opening time.

each method has its fans and has proved effective at getting good/early BG 🤩🤩🤩
Thank you!!! This is fantastic advice! Going next month.

disneygeek90

Do you open exactly on the hour, or a few second before? My app takes too long to load for me to risk the former.
Right on the hour. Once or twice I've opened maybe 2 seconds earlier and it's been fine, once I did it about 5 seconds early and had to restart it again. My app only takes about 5 seconds to load. I think others with >10 seconds per load have been factoring that into when they initiate the open.

I still think it's better to be 5 seconds "late" than too early and needing to restart the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom