News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ThistleMae

I arrived at the DHS parking lot at 7:00 am today. The park was already open, there was no line to get into the park, and I got Boarding Group 48 for Rise at about 7:05. I came in with a 9 am FP for Slinky Dog, and got an 8 am Star Tours FP using the kiosks. I then did TSM three times as essentially a walk on, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Slinky, Rock and Roller in the singles line, and got in line for the 10:25 Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show. While I was waiting for the Little Mermaid show to start, my Boarding group was called at 10:15. After Little Mermaid, I went to Rise, which appeared to be operating smoothly. I waited in the interesting line area for less than 20 minutes, and then had a very enjoyable ride that appeared to be generally operating as intended (can't be sure that all the details were working properly, of course). I was off Rise by about 11:20. The weather was beautiful, I used my third FP to see MupptetVision, allowing me to get an FP for a second Tower of Terror ride at 1:05, had a decent lunch, got my second Tower of Terror ride, and left the park by 1:30. While in line at Tower of Terror I got a FP for 6:30 pm for Soarin. I'll have a four hour break, then go to EPCOT for the Processional, Soarin' with FP, and EPCOT Forever, which I find quite enjoyable.

From my point of view, it was a great morning, and I am looking forward to a nice evening at EPCOT as well. I am a fan of the Boarding Group system.
Wow...perfect day. Glad to hear you could walk right in and still get a BG! Maybe the chaos has died down?

ThistleMae

My report from today, Mon 12/9:

Stayed offsite, got to the park via Lyft at 5:45.
Listed opening time was 8am, gates opened at 6:25am when the area between the opening gates and the ticket stalls was entirely full.
Got boarding group 15
Ride did not open until roughly 7am
Got to the ride queue at 7:22.
Boarding groups were closed by 8:25am

Notes:
-They no longer scan your magic band when you exit the ride.
-You can no longer sign up for another boarding group, the app gives the error shown below
-Most counter eateries and most rides were up at 6:25am, millennium falcon, toy story land, and Tower of Terror were open. Rock n rollercoaster was not.
-During the morning wait other park goers would ask when the gates would open. The CM said “The park will be officially opening at 8am. That’s all I can say”
All in all it was a pretty painless experience bedsides waking up so early. The CM’s were incredibly helpful and walking around a nearly empty park at 6 in the morning was pretty magical. Everyone was waving, smiling and saying good morning. I’m totally ok with one ride per person since it allows more people to ride. The ride itself was an incredible experience with some truly jaw dropping moments.
View attachment 431882
Thank you for this. I'm glad they finally closed the option to ride again, that way more people can access the ride.

ThistleMae

Can anyone offer any degree of reassurance for me? I’ll be at DHS January 10. Do you think they’ll still be doing the early opening and boarding group thing by then? I’m really stressing out about it...
If only....there would only be guesses, try and chill about it. It will all be okay!

ThistleMae

Dec 10th Update

Arrived at 5:53am to turnstiles
The park opened at 6:31am
I received Boarding group 13
Group 13 was called at 6:53am

Rode Slinky and TSMM before walking over to SWL, both of which were walk-ons.

Got in line for Rise at 7:20am and exited the ride exactly at 8am
What's great about this is you get to ride Slinky Dog as a walk on while waiting. SD is hard to get as a FP+. It seems that arriving at 6ish, may still get you a BG, instead of getting there at 3/4 a.m.

ThistleMae

Trying for my third ride this morning! Got in line around 5:30 and probably 15-20 people in front of me to the turnstile. Weekdays are for sure best time to try though! Lines are only just now about to reach the ticket booths.
I thought they closed that ability? Another poster posted the MDE message.

ThistleMae

We were over here at 5 am. Currently third in line at the turnstile and eager to get in. Certainly a fun experience. We are with a CM who works the attraction and was on the test team, currently on his day off and he’s shared some fun tidbits.
Share the tidbits....Please!

easyrowrdw

We must remind ourselves, as well, that not all guests can ride or want to. At a secondary WDW park, 20,000 guests per day would allow just about everyone who wants to ride the ability to do so, outside of peak weeks. But during the busiest days, even PotC can’t see all guests. Only PeopleMover is capable of that.

That's what I was thinking. With a 40" height requirement they're already eliminating most kids under the age of 4. And with the lack of kid attractions in GE, they're probably eliminating some of their parents too.

As a parent of small children, I'm very glad to have the boarding pass option. Having one parent wait in a long standby line with some of the kids while the other parent manages the other kids (and then swapping) was not appealing. From the sound of it, the boarding pass won't be as quick as a fastpass, but it seems like a pretty good alternative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom