News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

GSP Guy

What the entitled people don't get is DHS averages 28,000 guest per day. Best case scenario ROTR is what, 10,000.
No matter what system they use around 2/3 or 20,000 guest will be disappointed.
Do the math entitled people and wake up early and be proactive instead of whining and looking for handouts.
So I keep reading this thread and your posts and have to wonder if you even read what you type. You have consistently used the term "entitled" to describe others yet you yourself have exhibited that you have the greatest "sense of entitlement" of anyone posting in the thread. In fact you clearly stated that as an out of state AP holder Disney should be treating you better than others. You also have the worst understanding of capitalism that I've ever seen. Now you are stating people are looking for handouts? Very simply put the person that spends the least yet expects the most would the one more looking for the handout in this scenario. Not how long you waiting for the gates to open. For example If individual A is an AP holder, stays at a Deluxe for 10 nights plus adds the deluxe dining plan, goes to a Christmas party, and spends $1000 on souveniers but individual B is an AP holder, flies in (not $ to Disney), rents a car or gets an UBER (not $ to Disney), stays in a hotel, gets up and goes to DHS, flies home well I hate to tell you but individual B barely shows up on the economic radar. You know......that pesky capitalism you referred to.

Let us not forget also that parking fees leveed by Disney for onsite guests. They touted their various reliable means of transportation should the guests wish to not bring their vehicles. That alone would put the responsibility on Disney to easily provide early transportation and communicate to the onsite guests in a fully clear, timely, and unmistakable manner what exactly the schedule would be for all Disney transportation. You know tell them EARLY not LATE because LATE = LAZY...right?

Does anyone know what time the skyliner has started taking passengers the past few days? I took it back to Pop Century Saturday night and was amazed how quick it was... my family wanted to be able to take it bright and early tomorrow morning, but no idea if it’s running early enough (I guessed not).

AshaNeOmah

Does anyone know what time the skyliner has started taking passengers the past few days? I took it back to Pop Century Saturday night and was amazed how quick it was... my family wanted to be able to take it bright and early tomorrow morning, but no idea if it’s running early enough (I guessed not).

I have this same question.

KevinPage

Can anyone offer any degree of reassurance for me? I’ll be at DHS January 10. Do you think they’ll still be doing the early opening and boarding group thing by then? I’m really stressing out about it...

Try not to stress. The current system basically ensures you a ride if you get there early enough.

But Disney will likely test/adjust based on crowds, ride capacity, etc. as things develop over the holidays and next year.

You already have a leg up by following all the progress here and knowing how things work.

More than likely when it comes to most things theme park related, going early gives you a huge benefit 🤩🤩🤩

KevinPage

Same question, but second week of October 2021... god I wish I could go as often as some of you!

If we look into the magic crystal ball time machine I’m guessing;

- Fast Passes via MDE 60 days out for hotel guests
- 30 days for everyone else
- get there super early and try not to trample grandma on your sprint to the standby line

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are they really going to keep the boarding group system during Christmas and New Years? Imagine DHS at capacity (over 70,000 people). Would they really prevent 60,000 people from riding? That’s a lot of disappointed people going home with exaggerated stories and misinformation about how “you can’t even ride Star Wars so don’t bother going.” Galaxy’s Edge has enough unwarranted bad press and word of mouth as it is.

The boarding groups do not limit how many people can ride... the ride’s capacity limits that. And your “what if...” is happening regardless of the boarding groups.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

The boarding groups not limit how many people can ride... the ride’s capacity limits that. And your “what if...” is happening regardless of the boarding groups.
Precisely! Assuming no stoppages, and a throughput of 1000/guests/hour, with perhaps an 18 hour day, that's only 18,000/guests/day, even if they manage to get closer to 2000/guests/day, that is only 36,000/guests/day, and I am pushing the limits and hoping for perfection. I believe now they are closer to 800/guests/hour?

Last edited:

peter11435

Are they really going to keep the boarding group system during Christmas and New Years? Imagine DHS at capacity (over 70,000 people). Would they really prevent 60,000 people from riding? That’s a lot of disappointed people going home with exaggerated stories and misinformation about how “you can’t even ride Star Wars so don’t bother going.” Galaxy’s Edge has enough unwarranted bad press and word of mouth as it is.
The boarding groups don’t change how many guests can ride the attraction. With or without boarding groups there are going to be thousands of guests that will not be able to ride the attraction.

jt04

Can anyone offer any degree of reassurance for me? I’ll be at DHS January 10. Do you think they’ll still be doing the early opening and boarding group thing by then? I’m really stressing out about it...

Keep reading these boards as procedures will no doubt continue to change. If you are willing to arrive early you don't need to stress as that is the most important thing you can do and you control that. Your odds of success are approximately 99% if you show up before the rush.

socalkdg

I'll be in the same boat as I get there Jan. 3. First day at DHS Jan 6. Just watch these boards. All the info we need is here.

matt9112

The boarding groups do not limit how many people can ride... the ride’s capacity limits that. And your “what if...” is happening regardless of the boarding groups.

Technically yes. But the biarding groups are obviously tied to however many they think can ride.

bubbles1812

Trying for my third ride this morning! Got in line around 5:30 and probably 15-20 people in front of me to the turnstile. Weekdays are for sure best time to try though! Lines are only just now about to reach the ticket booths.

We were over here at 5 am. Currently third in line at the turnstile and eager to get in. Certainly a fun experience. We are with a CM who works the attraction and was on the test team, currently on his day off and he’s shared some fun tidbits.

Lirael

Ask disney what time the park will open. Arrive 3 hours before that and you're good;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom