News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

VaderTron

They did this with AK during Thanksgiving week. Changed time from normal 9 am to 8 am open.
Got there at usual rope drop time of 7 am and turnstile was open and people all over the park. FoP wait already at 2 hours.

Morale of story is :banghead::banghead::banghead: always check the open times the night before because they will change without warning.

ToTBellHop

What’s funny is that HM and PotC have had longer downtimes today than RotR.
Yes. It has quickly reached reasonable reliability. I remember more downtime for 7DMT, SDD, and FoP in their opening months. Test Track is still down more often. Their all-hands-on-deck attitude to quickly manage downtime through at least the New Year is admirable. Way to make the best of a forced opening to make the best possible experience for the guests.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm going on Christmas Eve. How early would you predict I should get there by? Obviously subject to change, but I'm mentally preparing myself.

Two hours before whatever opening they announce the night before. If it opens at 6, be there at 4 a.m.

I brought a cheap thermos with hot water (for hot chocolate and coffee), snacks, and those thin, metal space blankets for staying warm.

VaderTron

You don't have to be an uberplanner, just stop being lazy and wake up early.

Wait everyone! Listen! Pooh has given us the key to riding RotR! It was so simple...how could we have missed it after it was repeated to us so many times?

Guest can uber, walk, rent a car.
Stop acting like Disney is putting one over on them when they kept the parking lot closed till after the resort buses got there.
Guest also had the option of camping out like everyone else did. Stop acting entitled and lazy when there were plenty of options out there
The people who got there early were all up
Really early.

stop being lazy and just wake up early like everyon else. There was no unfairness in the process.
Or you could just wake up early instead of bring lazy.
Bad analogy.
In the Hamilton scenario, you miss out then that’s it.

In the ROTR scenario you are still welcome to enjoy the rest of DHS or the other 3 Disney parks. If all you are coming for is ROTR only then you shouldn’t be so lazy and wake up early instead. Or just don’t go for 6 months till ROTR dies down a little bit.

the crux of the problem is lazy people who wake up late yet feel entitled to be one of the first ones to ride ROTR.
Biff would just get in his DeLorean and tell himself to not be a lazy idiot and to wake up early. Kids and wife happy. And they get the keys to the kingdom.
You don't have to be an uberplanner, just stop being lazy and wake up early.

Yes! The master has granted us clarity of understanding! The key to getting on RotR is:

Don’t be a lazy idiot! Wake up early!

Wow! Who knew it could be so simple to get on this ride? I can't wait to ride it tomorrow morning from my home hundreds of miles away just by reforming my lifestyle to no longer be a lazy idiot, but instead waking up early!

ToTBellHop

Wait everyone! Listen! Pooh has given us the key to riding RotR! It was so simple...how could we have missed it after it was repeated to us so many times?

Yes! The master has granted us clarity of understanding! The key to getting on RotR is:

Don’t be a lazy idiot! Wake up early!

Wow! Who knew it could be so simple to get on this ride? I can't wait to ride it tomorrow morning from my home hundreds of miles away just by reforming my lifestyle to no longer be a lazy idiot, but instead waking up early!
Do you need help setting an alarm? I understand Mr. Pooh offers trainings for a nominal fee.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully not to set the alarm for 2.5-3 hours before park opening last week to catch a Disney bus 90 minutes before opening, a full 45 minutes before the announced bus starting time. You'd have a bad time.

You should probably just Uber to Boardwalk at 4 AM.
I'm planning to Uber/Lyft. Well worth the $10 for peace of mind. Disney transportation is far too stressful if you REALLY need to be somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom