News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

Don't AP holders have the advantage of going more often just by the nature of their pass? If I was able to go more than once or twice a year, I'd consider this an advantage. Just like if I lived in Florida close enough to go weekly. I'd say that was an advantage as well. I'd see myself saying to someone in this situation "gosh you're lucky."
Many AP holder aren't locals. There is a surprising number of AP holders from the UK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is the result of one of the worlds most technological advanced attractions based on one of the worlds most popular and well known brands that cannot achieve an already woeful, for its status, hourly capacity and opens without adequate testing.

And Christmas is coming?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It seemed to work for Flight of Passage.

Remember they have the huge holding area on Grand Avenue, and those new bathrooms that were built just for the purpose.

I guess I'm just l'm school when it comes to queing. I prefer standby only, no FP.

And im of the type that i think line jumpers should be banned from the park. But disney doesnt manage its queues for crap.

Tom Morrow

I don't like any situation where guests are forced to gamble with whether or not they'll even be able to queue up. Many people booked trips this weekend JUST for this ride and how many of them are not going to even have a chance to "queue up"? I have been against Universal arbitrarily closing the Hagrid's queue for the day at unannounced and varied times, and this is even worse and unfair in that the passes are gone -before- the park even opens. Something has to be done, even if it means you still wait over an hour when your boarding time arrives.

raven

Standby lines work because of the self regulation of “willingness to wait”. Ultimately lines top out because of the tipping point where people are not willing to wait longer than the posted line.

That model breaks down when demand is extreme or people will “do anything” so the feedback loop breaksdown and lines get too long.

Excessive Long lines have all kinds of operational costs and guest issues. They also make it so your typical guest gets excluded because you have to be nuts to waste your very expensive tourist day on such waits. It only opens the potentials for those with no such “wait tolerance” and opens up more negatives to the park.

Once again its people prioritizing their desires over what serves everyone better.
It isn’t a disappointment to guests when the company is up front about opening times and guest expectations. People that visited opening day were well aware of how long that line would be.

ThistleMae

We’re doing DHS in 11 days. I’ve already told my 15-year old stepson to be ready for an early morning so the two of us can ride (while my husband and toddler sleep later in the hotel). We were hoping for 6am EMH like for MF, so it’s no big deal for us to have to wait or whatever.

I know there’s no way to know for sure right now, but what do you folks think are the odds of the boarding groups going through Christmas? With a toddler and this being our only day at DHS, there’s zero chance we ride if we have to stand 8 hours in a queue. Of course I’ll be watching this thread closely...

Also, should it be relatively easy to get an Uber or Lyft from CBR to DHS at 5-5:30am? Should the parking lot be open by then?
I like your idea of ubering over early. I hope you two get a boarding pass! And who knows when they'll end this procedure. Like you, I constantly watch these boards to get a head up.

raven

I didnt want to being that up tomraven because its use was so ..inconsistent. It was advertised to be used... and then they werent using it. I was there and got on by just walking up after a shutdown
It was announced but they abandoned it before it even started.

Disneyhead'71

Sorry, no. They’ve never had a virtual queue for anything in Wizarding World.
From June 14th until Oct.19th Hagrid's did in fact have a virtual queue.

Screenshot-2019-12-08-14-04-55.png

peter11435

Read my post again. I said guests visiting for the opening of the ride. They got there just as early as any local could and ride right along with them. Why? Because Universal only used a standby queue for the attraction and still does. The maximum wait time lately is 2 hours but people have been reporting riding in 90 min or less.
Wait times lately are irrelevant. I’m referring to the several hour/near half day waits the attraction experienced in its early days. ROTR is in its first week of operation. Any comparison of Hargrids queue and waits should be made to when it too was in its first week of operation. A six+ hour wait for someone on vacation is very different than it is for a local.

el_super

This is the result of one of the worlds most technological advanced attractions based on one of the worlds most popular and well known brands that cannot achieve an already woeful, for its status, hourly capacity and opens without adequate testing.

Most new attractions don't have the capacity to meet demand when they opened. If they did, and had no wait, they would be deemed a failure.

kainsel

This breaks down because everyone in your group must be in the park before you can pickup a boarding pass.
If the first person gets in the park at say 7:10 am, the system assigns that person a boarding group but does not alert the person yet in mde. It could say pending while it waits for anyone else the first person's mde gets into the park, say 10 minutes. Then it alerts the group saying you have boarding group *** that was held at the 7:10 time and gives them option to accept or reject the boarding group.

EdnaMode

Disney shouldn't let day guests into a park ahead of resort guests when EMH is still going on. If a resort guest wants to wait to stroll into DHS until just a few minutes minutes prior to EMH completing so that they can already be in the park when it opens (because that's what EMH is), they should be able to do that -- and they should be able to then access boarding groups ahead of the day guests who are just a few minutes behind them. That's what the posted signs said would happen, and that's what should have happened.

AP's should access the park just like any other day guests -- after EMH, unless they are also resort guests. (And I have an AP.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom