News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there a write up anywhere on the virtual queue model they are using?

How do you get in? How do you check current state?
Where do you check-in?
How much of the queue are they filling with these groups?
How long of a wait are people expecting after returning to the attraction?
It’s done via MDX. Check in at the ride entrance. Wait is minimal once in. The queue is not being used beyond walking through.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That does not really help when you already have a three hour block of fast pass times made 60 days ago, I am just hoping this is gone by the 15th.

What three rides in DHS are so important that you wouldn't dump one or three of those FPs to ride RotR?

But let's say there wasn't a virtual queue for RotR... what was your game plan then? Go on those three rides spaced two-three hours apart and then stand in a five hour queue for RotR?

ninjaprincesst

Are you riding those three FastPass attractions for the full three hours?

-Rob
At this point I will probably just blow them off. We do have a droid depot reservation, so I will have to figure that out. I am assuming you are not allowed in and out to go make your fast passes, I moved them around, so if we can ride within 4 hours of park opening it will work with only blowing off one. It would have just been nice if they would have said something ahead of time, and if you knew if ROTR was going to be open for extra magic hours or not since they said it would not be and now it is, and if you knew exactly how this boarding pass thing works.

bclane

I’m assuming they factored possible downtime into their decision to cut off the boarding groups so early. If that is true, perhaps they will be able to add more boarding groups towards the end of the day If things go better than anticipated.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Josh and Phil are at the entrance talking to guests.

559329D7-D8E7-46B0-9B90-3B56A6F19AEA.jpeg

1B0DD42C-5FBF-40A4-8BA7-9764354F2D2C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jon81uk

At this point I will probably just blow them off. We do have a droid depot reservation, so I will have to figure that out. I am assuming you are not allowed in and out to go make your fast passes, I moved them around, so if we can ride within 4 hours of park opening it will work with only blowing off one. It would have just been nice if they would have said something ahead of time, and if you knew if ROTR was going to be open for extra magic hours or not since they said it would not be and now it is, and if you knew exactly how this boarding pass thing works.
Reports seem to be that the boarding pass is only for the ride, not the land. So you could enter and leave the land to make your other FPs if you like. Just when you get the alert that you can board for RotR then you go to that attraction then.

Sort of like getting a pager at a restaurant when waiting for a table, you can wander around and just wait for it to buzz.

totchos

Oh right, the new billion dollar land has two places to eat and two rides... but they do have endless massive walkways!
why did no one get their titties in a twist when Diagon Alley opened with one ride, or when Hogsmeade opened with one (new) ride, or when pandora opened with two rides?? Oh but GE has two rides and its labeled as trash smh

Jon81uk

why did no one get their titties in a twist when Diagon Alley opened with one ride, or when Hogsmeade opened with one (new) ride, or when pandora opened with two rides?? Oh but GE has two rides and its labeled as trash smh

I've not visited, only seen photos, but for me I just find it odd that they have such massive walkways.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because Comcast used the popular characters to service the fans?

Just a guess...

Anyway...how’s the ride? Anyone been on it?

stardust

I was going to go over there this morning, but I’m glad I didn’t after finding out they opened earlier than the posted time. I wouldn’t have gotten there in time to enter the virtual queue. Does anyone know if this will be the case for tomorrow too?

Crunchie9

Do I have to be in Hollywood studios? It can I book from my onsite hotel? Can I do it without physically passing security (gondola) exit area? Going for 9 days in well.. 9 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom