News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Tavernacle12

A normal queue could not be closed at 9am though. The general rule is that you can enter a line until park close. With boarding groups that is not possible.

Gotcha. For some reason I didn’t think that was true in all instances, especially not here where it could result in the ride being open until long after the park is closed.

matt9112

No. It’s a new ride that a lot of people want to ride. Were the 10 our waits with frequent breakdowns in the wizarding world of Harry Potter deemed a failure?

Just like hagrids this too opened too early. Full stop. The company leadership put opening now ahead of maybe doing organized softs etc to work kinks out. Hope everyone stuck waiting gets to ride at some point though.

ninjaprincesst

If I had known about the virtual passes, I would have arrived earlier. But I agree this is a great system.
I don't think it's that great, it basically prevents you from having fast passes for other rides in the park and basically all you are going to get to do is one ride for the whole day. I also wonder how it works for people who have reservations for Droid Depot, Savi's or Orgas?

peter11435

I don't think it's that great, it basically prevents you from having fast passes for other rides in the park and basically all you are going to get to do is one ride for the whole day. I also wonder how it works for people who have reservations for Droid Depot, Savi's or Orgas?
It does not prevent your ability to book fastpasses or ride other attractions.

kgoose23

When you’re boarding group gets notification you have 2 hours to get on the ride. Certainly wouldn’t prohibit you from doing other things in the park or getting other fast passes I wouldn’t imagine

Joeamc

It does not prevent other faspasses, although it could make conflicts in time with other fast passes and /or reservations such as droid depot, Savi's or any dining reservations. I wonder how that works. I'm assuming Disney works with you if that is the case.

ninjaprincesst

When you’re boarding group gets notification you have 2 hours to get on the ride. Certainly wouldn’t prohibit you from doing other things in the park or getting other fast passes I wouldn’t imagine
When you made fast passes two months ago, how or you supposed to know when you will get your boarding pass?

Bob Harlem

I am seriously hoping this boarding pass thing goes away in a couple of days.

I'd give it about 6-9 months, and may be back for peak times (Christmas week)

Also, boarding groups are roughly 100 people each. Doing the math (based on 120 groups and the hours) capacity is around 800-900 per hour today?

Joeamc

That doe not really help when you already have a three hour block of fast pass times made 60 days ago, I am just hoping this is gone by the 15th.
Fastpasses and maybe a dining reservation and/or Savi's, droid depot in there also. I actually like the concept of boarding passes, I just wonder how Disney deals with the conflicts of other fastapsses/reservations

flynnibus

Premium Member
Is there a write up anywhere on the virtual queue model they are using?

How do you get in? How do you check current state?
Where do you check-in?
How much of the queue are they filling with these groups?
How long of a wait are people expecting after returning to the attraction?

ninjaprincesst

Fastpasses and maybe a dining reservation and/or Savi's, droid depot in there also. I actually like the concept of boarding passes, I just wonder how Disney deals with the conflicts of other fastapsses/reservations
The idea is ok, it just does not take into account the other things. I wonder if they are going to keep on opening earlier than the stated park opening times? I am thinking we need to arrive super early on the 15th just in case so we can get an early boarding pass.

Jon81uk

Virtual queues have drawbacks, otherwise they'd be used on all rides all the time. They drop ride efficiency, make large crowds worse, and frustrate guests who don't understand them or were unaware of them prior to arrival. That said, it was genius for today.
Fastpass is already used on basically every attraction in the park. That also drops efficiency, makes large crowds worse and frustrates guests who doesn't understand it our aren't aware of it. Yet Disney still uses FastPass everywhere.

Jon81uk

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom