News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

BlindChow

Wouldn't it be better if people practiced only after all boarding and backup groups are distributed for the day?
I think @Nunu has hit the nail on the head -- practice if you will, but please do so AFTER opening time plus 15 minutes so as not to generate requests while people actually in the parks are trying to get regular boarding groups.
Uhh, somehow you two are following this thread and have completely missed how the BG process works...? :banghead:

It's not technically possible to "practice" when all the BG's have been distributed. The buttons required are greyed out at such time.

In fact, your "solution" of practicing 15 minutes after park opening is the same as trying to get a BG when the park is closed; you'll get the same response from the app: "All BG's have been distributed." There's just no point.

And the idea that people at home are somehow interfering with the in-park guest experience is laughable (outside of a single glitch, on a single day out of 90+): if you aren't inside the park, you aren't assigned a BG.

I can only assume you two aren't planning a trip to WDW anytime soon, so you are free from the stress of knowing that the difference between "getting to enjoy Disney's latest, greatest ride" and "having to wait for another trip 2 or 3 years from now to ride RotR" is understanding exactly how the BG process works, the app screens and all...

Last edited:

blake.242

Hey Blake, if you wanted an apology why not ask, making up a new account for said purpose is just kind of you know..... Creepy. By the way I agree with @larryz and you won't be getting an apology from me either.

umm I didn't do that? I haven't been part of any of this conversation and not sure how a valid question I asked spiraled into divisive chaos or why I was roped back into it by name?

Anyway. Excited and anxious to see how things unfold over the next few days with the opening of MMRR :D

solidyne

Practicing from home will delay the in-park guests' acquisition of BGs, but it cannot possibly prevent it.

If my practicing from home keeps an in-park guest from getting a boarding group, then who is getting that boarding group??? ... another in-park guest!

OK, so one guest will be mad that I'm practicing from home, but another guest will be thrilled!

KevinPage

I’m hoping my 🧠 doesn’t short circuit tomorrow at DHS.

We have there 17x since Dec 5 and been on Rise each time. Post school/work we are going for our MMRR FP+ and it will be strange not being there in the early morning or heading over to the Rise queue 😢

#RoughLifeAlert

KevinPage

I hope backup boarding groups last that long during spring break! Are the crowds really low today? Maybe everyone is waiting to go after MMRR opens?

This feels like the “good ‘ole days” of December 2019.🥳

Who would have guessed that it was easier to ride then as opposed to now 😳

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
For those wondering, all I did was shut off all the apps, turn off wi fi and Bluetooth, loaded the app 2 min before, and had my husband do a 1 minute timer at 7:59 so I knew when we were getting close. I hit the more info button and the boarding pass button was lit up. There was an announcement happening at about 7:59:45 that I think delayed some ppl as it didn’t stop till after 8.
Didn’t do a full phone reboot but followed most of the method that was posted

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom