News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

I should start practicing now to make sure I don't forget the DMWAKPTMRX7 sequence before our next trip at the end of November. I also need to practice mobile ordering drinks for @Demarke @KevinPage and @MichRX7

904246CB-6C9A-4040-8818-C632BC8DF0B7.gif

KevinPage

The first backup group (66) was called today just before 12:55pm.

Average pacing so far for the day is just over 12 groups per hour.

If anyone knows it’s you:

1. What is the typical amount of BG per hour they go through since opening?

2. What is the operational goal (assuming 100 people per BG) so the ride can transition to normal standby?

3. what has been the HIGH for any extended period of time (half day/full day/week) they have achieved?

4. How long did operations predict/assume/plan to run the attraction before it would/could acheive “operational stability” (might be a @lentesta question)

steveNJ

I’m hoping my 🧠 doesn’t short circuit tomorrow at DHS.

We have there 17x since Dec 5 and been on Rise each time. Post school/work we are going for our MMRR FP+ and it will be strange not being there in the early morning or heading over to the Rise queue 😢

#RoughLifeAlert

This is very sad to hear 😂

I’ve going for a Twofer... got an MMRR lunchtime of April 12th, gonna try for early BG in the same day

hmm though I’ll be there this weekend, could do a BG and standby MMRR 🤔

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member

2. What is the operational goal (assuming 100 people per BG) so the ride can transition to normal standby?

3. what has been the HIGH for any extended period of time (half day/full day/week) they have achieved?

4. How long did operations predict/assume/plan to run the attraction before it would/could acheive “operational stability” (might be a @lentesta question)

Did they have an estimate? I've been saying that I expect it to be stable and transition to FastPass by summer.

DCBaker

Premium Member

1 - I don't have enough of a complete dataset since opening. However, since the beginning of 2020, roughly ~9 groups per hour for an average - lots of variables with park opening time shifts, closing and when groups stopped being called.

@marni1971 & @lentesta may have more clear answers, especially with 2 & 4.

Movielover

So sitting in my hotel room recovering from the last 6 days in the parks. I switch to Universal tomorrow. Last Thursday and today were my DHS days. Thursday I had a slight hiccup where my name did not show up on the party select screen. Thankfully a GE member took pity on me and I was put in group 38...
dcc6Gsmg.jpg

Got on around 2 ish. Fantastic ride!

Today was my second chance. Seem whatever issue I had was sorted out as I got lucky and got group 5! I actually had to wait for more people to join me in the preshow room haha. Thanks again to you dedicated bunch who worked out the proper procedure! Till the Spires!

IMG_2050.JPG

disneygeek90

So sitting in my hotel room recovering from the last 6 days in the parks. I switch to Universal tomorrow. Last Thursday and today were my DHS days. Thursday I had a slight hiccup where my name did not show up on the party select screen. Thankfully a GE member took pity on me and I was put in group 38...
View attachment 453743

Got on around 2 ish. Fantastic ride!

Today was my second chance. Seem whatever issue I had was sorted out as I got lucky and got group 5! I actually had to wait for more people to join me in the preshow room haha. Thanks again to you dedicated bunch who worked out the proper procedure! Till the Spires!

View attachment 453744
So glad you had two successes! I was wondering how you did.

Curious on the first day, did you go ahead and book the group without yourself and the GE team moved you into that? I’ve had that glitch twice in the app as well, it’s really frustrating.

Twirlnhurl

it is honestly so surreal that Rise of the Resistance was the newest attraction in the park for...less than 3 months.

Is there any other example of this happening?
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run was the newest for a similar amount of time.

Excluding the recent system of opening new lands in phases, I believe the new attractions of Tomorrowland '59 opened really close together at Disneyland.

I agree it is strange, but I'm not complaining!

Last edited:

Movielover

So glad you had two successes! I was wondering how you did.

Curious on the first day, did you go ahead and book the group without yourself and the GE team moved you into that? I’ve had that glitch twice in the app as well, it’s really frustrating.
The first day was just me by myself. Not to go to personal but im in a long distance relationship and she didn't join me till that night due to work. Thankfully the Guest Experience person was nice, gave him a guest compliment at the end of the day at GS.

disneygeek90

The first day was just me by myself. Not to go to personal but im in a long distance relationship and she didn't join me till that night due to work. Thankfully the Guest Experience person was nice, gave him a guest compliment at the end of the day at GS.
Whew! That’s lucky. Did you get a group at all originally the first day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom