News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has been answered earlier but how many guests are allotted to each boarding group?

No official answer has been given - but estimates point to ~100 per group.

However, @lentesta did report this for West RoTR.

In Disneyland we think it's close to 150 people per boarding group. (I know because the LA Times just asked.) I'll check WDW.

kbass24emtp

Totally understand! We were there for opening day and a few days after that. It was so easy to get a boarding group, as long as we woke up early. So glad we don't have the stress and pressure now to get a group in the first couple of minutes. And, no WDW trips planned for the next year or two, so hopefully this process changes by then.
We too are not really too worried on not getting on the ride this week. It’s not going anywhere

gerarar

Premium Member
Really good day thus far!!
62560090-B887-453B-B710-5F9329E8FE60.jpeg

Fleckdog

After reading people's experience with refresh v. restart and my own experience, I've seen that both methods can inexplicably fail.

Therefore, until very extensive record keeping is done with controlled variables that prove otherwise, I've determined that:
  1. It doesn't matter whether you restart or refresh.
  2. What matters is hitting the button and 'pinging into the server' at the right time to beat others to a lower group.
  3. And since so many other people are doing the same thing at the same time, you may not get a low group.
  4. And the 'pinging in' may completely fail, regardless if you refresh or restarted from scratch (see #3).
  5. Having more people in your group increases the chance that one of you will not have a failed pinging in, and will grab a lower BG number.
Everything else is just confirmation bias and a product of variable reinforcement and magical thinking where people think that random stuff they're doing has an effect on an outcome which, in reality, it doesn't. Sorry... that's just the way higher level vertebrates try to make sense of the world.

I mean, it's good to experiment and create theories and test them. But in the end, one has to be able to let go of theories if they're not always working.

I have spoken.
E894EB77-33DF-4373-A142-6917773D7D08.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom