News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MiddKid

Ruh-roh! Didn’t pan out for me, it could be wholly unrelated (and with my lack of tech know-how, probably is), but I tried the “swipe very thing closed and do a quick restart at 7:45” method (which I believe the Russian chess community is now referring to as a ‘modified demarke strategy with a page gambit’), and ended up not getting “join group” to come up when I clicked “find out more” at 8:00. I tried going back and forth with check status three times and ended up restarting the app to get it to come up, BG 75.
View attachment 450732
Glitches do happen occasionally no matter what you do, but I think I’m back to my old ways if I make it in time after the race tomorrow. 😃

Edit- @MiddKid, you’ve got some company, haha! Glad someone in you’re group got a good one!

That’s 3 of us today that had Demarke failures. We’ll have to totally chalk this up to Disney IT! Or perhaps there is a secret anti-Demarke First Order officer in DisIT who is purposefully making our lives difficult.
So over 3 days this week I had:
  • Demarke win with BG11
  • Demarke failure on my phone but my wife Demarke’d a BG10
  • Demarke failure rescued by an iPhone 4 on 3G doing fresh start at 8am snagging BG21

KevinPage

Backup boarding groups were gone today at 8:05am. The first backup today is group 61.
03895C30-ACFB-4E37-A81F-26459E8BCB92.gif

factory190

Yeh. We opened app at 7:50:50. Two of us tapped find out more right at 8:00 and got the gray button. Tapped my status still gray. We just bounced between screens until my wife as a 2nd backup got in probably 10-15 seconds after 8 but didn’t know “select all” so I figure we would have been a little lower than 85 if she did. TOT done. Single rider for RNRC and fast passes start at 10. Still going to be a great last day. Cheers everyone!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
That’s 3 of us today that had Demarke failures. We’ll have to totally chalk this up to Disney IT! Or perhaps there is a secret anti-Demarke First Order officer in DisIT who is purposefully making our lives difficult.
So over 3 days this week I had:
  • Demarke win with BG11
  • Demarke failure on my phone but my wife Demarke’d a BG10
  • Demarke failure rescued by an iPhone 4 on 3G doing fresh start at 8am snagging BG21
Come on, let’s say two and a half, I was experimenting with a modification today, haha!

factory190

Yeh. We opened app at 7:50:50. Two of us tapped find out more right at 8:00 and got the gray button. Tapped my status still gray. We just bounced between screens until my wife as a 2nd backup got in probably 10-15 seconds after 8 but didn’t know “select all” so I figure we would have been a little lower than 85 if she did. TOT done. Single rider for RNRC and fast passes start at 10. Still going to be a great last day. Cheers everyone!
FWIW- we were in line for TOT near the restrooms on VZW LTE. Not sure if location or provider mattered or not today.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Crazy how all these variables change for people and what works for 1 person doesn’t for the next.

Holding my breath for my Sunday visit.

And it seems slightly less crazy today as took 2-4 additional minutes for backup groups to go than prior days.

Frankly, I think it’s just a glitchy app and the best any of us can do is follow a process that gives us the best chance of getting through the process quickly if the app doesn’t glitch. I think both of our ways accomplish that, but you can’t plan your way around a random app failure. Out of I think 8 times now, I’ve had two glitch days that put me in the 70-90 range and the other 6 times were all in the first three groups overall for the day. It definitely helps having everybody in your party trying so you aren’t out of luck if a glitch gets you.
E28AA964-523B-4928-B496-7FC624F3C1CA.jpeg

On the bright side, I think I discovered one good new thing today. If you are driving and there is a back up at entry gates, go to the far right two lanes, most of the cars appeared to be ride-share/drop-offs (since it splits to the right for drop offs after getting through) so they were waived through quickly. The far right two lanes moved a good 3-4 cars in the time one was advancing in the other lanes.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Well, decided maybe I should pack since we leave for the airport at 1pm today. But not before walking my friend through a test for our day tomorrow. He also did not get a red button right at 8am, but after hitting my status he was able to get through the screens no problem. Our oldest son, his wife and their friends just hit the Florida border, so we will see them tomorrow ready to take our shot at a boarding group (finally)!

KevinPage

I think there’s too many Demarke’s running around, the product has been diluted so causing isurs
Frankly, I think it’s just a glitchy app and the best any of us can do is follow a process that gives us the best chance of getting through the process quickly if the app doesn’t glitch. I think both of our ways accomplish that, but you can’t plan your way around a random app failure. Out of I think 8 times now, I’ve had two glitch days that put me in the 70-90 range and the other 6 times were all in the first three groups overall for the day. It definitely helps having everybody in your party trying so you aren’t out of luck if a glitch gets you.
View attachment 450747

On the bright side, I think I discovered one good new thing today. If you are driving and there is a back up at entry gates, go to the far right two lanes, most of the cars appeared to be ride-share/drop-offs (since it splits to the right for drop offs after getting through) so they were waived through quickly. The far right two lanes moved a good 3-4 cars in the time one was advancing in the other lanes.

Yup, they give you the old “wave through” on the far right, so I always go there.

kbass24emtp

We’re here. Tomorrow will be the test. Didn’t know the iPhone 11 gets 5G. If tomorrow doesn’t go well. I’ll have to cheat and find an AT&T store and go get their First Net service.

dr_seeker

We’re here. Tomorrow will be the test. Didn’t know the iPhone 11 gets 5G. If tomorrow doesn’t go well. I’ll have to cheat and find an AT&T store and go get their First Net service.

It doesn't have 5G, if you have AT&T you might see a "5Ge" logo in the corner, but that's just a version of the 4GLTE tech we've had for a few years. My Galaxy Note 9 has the same graphic and I haven't noticed any differences.

MiddKid

In the caves now. This pretty much guarantees a downtime in 5...4...3...
Successful ride. Right hall, first room, blue, Front AT-AT.
The Finn was completely still. Pretty sure he’s supposed to move. Otherwise, to my untrained eye, all effects working. A-mode Kylo.
7 days in the parks. 4 rides on Rise. Thanks all for the help!

We’ll be back in April.

kbass24emtp

It doesn't have 5G, if you have AT&T you might see a "5Ge" logo in the corner, but that's just a version of the 4GLTE tech we've had for a few years. My Galaxy Note 9 has the same graphic and I haven't noticed any differences.
Got ya. Salesman at the att store said it doesn’t get 5g and was like why is there a 5g symbol at the airport. Lol.

Brick Mason

Hi All, Apologies in advance if this is a rudimentary question. I've been following this thread for weeks now as I'll be making my first trip Rise opened this April and I want to be prepared. I'm all in on the Demarke method and have even made several successful dry runs. I do have 1 question that I haven't seen clarified here. I have a travel group of 4 (2 kids) and 3 of us have iphones. I understand that we should all be using them when trying to grab a boarding group. Currently I have the account on My Disney Experience and I manage plans for my wife and kids. I plan on having them add the app before our trip so we can have 3 phones trying for Boarding Groups. My question for those people that have multiple people trying is do you all have different My Disney accounts or are multiple people logged on to the same account at the same time? Hope that makes sense.

gerarar

Premium Member
Successful ride. Right hall, first room, blue, Front AT-AT.
The Finn was completely still. Pretty sure he’s supposed to move. Otherwise, to my untrained eye, all effects working. A-mode Kylo.
7 days in the parks. 4 rides on Rise. Thanks all for the help!

We’ll be back in April.
Did you happen to notice if the hanging pipe next to the Kylo AA in the last encounter was swaying/moving? It's been stagnant for the last few weeks afaik and from what I could find online in videos/povs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom