News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fleckdog

Yeah the thrill-data is pretty conclusive, the earlier they open the parks the better it goes. The later they open, more people show up and they go lightning fast. But then, as many have said, Disney may just go...
8C201847-D04F-4B9F-A183-9A4101F7F561.gif

KevinPage

Technically not everything is working. The blaster effects in the AT-AT room have been down since opening month (afaik), but no one really brings this up anymore :p

Which ones? The ones that hit the legs of the AT AT’s have always been there and various stormtrooper ones flying around every time. I’ve never had that scene feel “barren” or devoid of anything that noticeable.

gerarar

Premium Member
Which ones? The ones that hit the legs of the AT AT’s have always been there and various stormtrooper ones flying around every time. I’ve never had that scene feel “barren” or devoid of anything that noticeable.
Which effects are you talking about exactly?
Do you mean the ones from the patent (that make the blaster shots look "real")?
Sorry, I was just trying to be vague to avoid spoilers.
But yes, the patent ones that spin around to make it look “real”. They still work in the hallway with the first encounter with stormtroopers, but have been static since in the AT-AT room. The projections and laser effects in the same room still work, thankfully.

The effect is also present in the hand blaster next to Finn that’s shooting, but even that is also not working. In DL, all the effects stated above are still operational and effective.

Last edited:

KevinPage

Sorry, I was just trying to be vague to avoid spoilers. But yes, the patent ones that spin around to make it look “real”. They still work in the hallway with the first encounter with stormtroopers, but have been static since in the AT-AT room. The projections and laser effects in the same room still work, thankfully.

The effect is also present in the hand blaster next to Finn that’s shooting, but even that is also not working. In DL, all the effects stated above are still operational and effective.

for us lazy people, slap a link under a spoiler tag for us please 🤩🤩🤩

Weather_Lady

"My Disney Experience" question: am I correct that with MDE, you can't have multiple adults managing a child's profile? (In other words, because my kids are linked to my MDE account, DH can't make FP+ for them -- OR try and get them into a RoTR Boarding Group -- via his account, even though I've "shared" our plans with him?) That seems to be the way it works - his account doesn't show the kids' FP+ (although for some reason they show up in dining reservations), and when I looked for answers online, they indicated that a child's MDE profile can only be managed by one person.

If that's the case, is there any point in having DH and I both trying to get a BG at the same time? If he was the first of us to get a BG (which would be just for us two), would Guest Services add the kids, given that they'd be right there with us? Or should we not risk it and just have me trying to get a BG for all four of us by myself?

peter11435

"My Disney Experience" question: am I correct that with MDE, you can't have multiple adults managing a child's profile? (In other words, because my kids are linked to my MDE account, DH can't make FP+ for them -- OR try and get them into a RoTR Boarding Group -- via his account, even though I've "shared" our plans with him?) That seems to be the way it works - his account doesn't show the kids' FP+ (although for some reason they show up in dining reservations), and when I looked for answers online, they indicated that a child's MDE profile can only be managed by one person.

If that's the case, is there any point in having DH and I both trying to get a BG at the same time? If he was the first of us to get a BG (which would be just for us two), would Guest Services add the kids, given that they'd be right there with us? Or should we not risk it and just have me trying to get a BG by myself?
Either of you should be able to make FP selections and get a boarding group. He needs to have them in his family and friends list.

KevinPage

If that's the case, is there any point in having DH and I both trying to get a BG at the same time? If he was the first of us to get a BG (which would be just for us two), would Guest Services add the kids, given that they'd be right there with us? Or should we not risk it and just have me trying to get a BG by myself?

1 person manages it but you can allow others to make FP+ and have access to their plans.

I just call the Disney Internet Support Desk (# on website) and tell them what I want/allow and they do it. It’s limited what they allow you to do in the app/website with permissions and it’s not worth the hassle so I let them do it 🤩🤩🤩

I have friends who have access to the kids, which helps when it comes to grabbing boarding groups too

Weather_Lady

1 person manages it but you can allow others to make FP+ and have access to their plans.

I just call the Disney Internet Support Desk (# on website) and tell them what I want/allow and they do it. It’s limited what they allow you to do in the app/website with permissions and it’s not worth the hassle so I let them do it 🤩🤩🤩

I have friends who have access to the kids, which helps when it comes to grabbing boarding groups too

Thanks! It took 20+ minutes on the phone, but our "incomplete linkage" has been fixed and DH is now able to view and manage the kids' full plans, and not just their hotel and dining reservations (!??). It's as though MDE has now recognized, Maury Povich style, "DH, you ARE the father!"

Now we'll be able to field test the BG methods. I'll be restarting, and I'm putting DH through Team Refresh boot camp so he'll be ready for our first attempt this coming Wednesday. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom