News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
From everything I’ve seen, it seems like that line of dialogue is exclusive to the other path. Could be wrong though.
That's what I thought so too. I watched dozens of videos of that certain path but could never find one. The other path is longer as it gets to the bridge, so ig that's why it has a special "exclusive" audio for it.

KevinPage

Same exact phones? Same location in the park? (I stood in front of ToyStoryLand, probably 50 yards back) # of people to select? I'm not dismissing the theory, I just think there may be a little more to it.

well of course there is more to it, even same phones are going to run differently even if same operating system. Just seems too much variance for such a similar process. Then again, I’m no “IT GUY” 😀

KevinPage

From everything I’ve seen, it seems like that line of dialogue is exclusive to the other path. Could be wrong though.

It’s standard (?) as I’ve had it on both paths almost every time.

2 weeks ago it was BUT not working on side view. Last week it was not working on front view. This weekend it was working on side view.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

We got 27! I tried the @Demarke method and clicked more info right at 8. Join boarding group was NOT red. Clicked my status, nothing. Pulled down the refresh, nothing. At that point my friend who opened from scratch at 8 was already selecting us.

I know some are having success with sitting on the main screen but I would NOT recommend for someone with a critical need to get on a specific day and only one person attempting the group. The fresh start is much, much safer.

Glad you managed to get a BG between the two of you! Am I right in assuming that your friend was signed into your MDE? If so, could that have been the issue—two devices being signed into the same account?

disneygeek90

Glad you managed to get a BG between the two of you! Am I right in assuming that your friend was signed into your MDE? If so, could that have been the issue—two devices being signed into the same account?
We had three of us all trying to get a group, but we were all on our own MDE accounts. My issue was getting the option to join even to appear. Needless to say, I’ll be sticking to the hard open method from here on out.

LittleBuford

We had three of us all trying to get a group, but we were all on our own MDE accounts. My issue was getting the option to join even to appear. Needless to say, I’ll be sticking to the hard open method from here on out.

I didn’t know different accounts could all be in charge of the same group! Thanks for clarifying.

gerarar

Premium Member
It’s standard as I’ve had it on both paths almost every time.

2 weeks ago it was BUT not working on side view. Last week it was not working on front view. This weekend it was working on side view.
Are you sure? Because there's virtually no time after R5 beep boops until the door opens with Kylo Ren talking to Gen Hux. Compared to the other side, there's a few more seconds (5 seconds extra to be exact), which allows the dialogue from Beck.

Even the videos from Day 1 of the attraction (both at HS and DL) didn't have the audio in the front AT-AT view, but had so in side view.

HS at opening of both paths:

DL at opening of both paths:

This may seem like a Mandela effect, as I've have yet to see a POV with the Beck audio in front view path.

disneygeek90

Are you sure? Because there's virtually no time after R5 beep boops until the door opens with Kylo Ren talking to Gen Hux. Compared to the other side, there's a few more seconds (5 seconds extra to be exact), which allows the dialogue from Beck.

Even the videos from Day 1 of the attraction (both at HS and DL) didn't have the audio in the front AT-AT view, but had so in side view.

This may seem like a Mandela effect, as I've have yet to see a POV with the Beck audio in front view path.

Yeah if that is indeed just not a line on that route, it makes my case that side AT-AT is the superior route even stronger. I can’t say that I can recall ever hearing it on 6 runs. I think my split is 7:6 now.

KevinPage

Hmm, I’m about 50/50 on which view I get so maybe there is a bleed over effect 😨. I gotta plead ignorance on even realizing one side took longer to enter the next scene. Makes sense (in theory) to include that audio then.

Guess this gives me something to test next few visits. 🤩🤩🤩 (But after watching those videos it appears I’m sorely mistaken 😱)

Last edited:

pdude81

They were flying through earlier on but the pace seems to have slowed once they finished calling the guaranteed groups.

steveNJ

Has anyone else seen changes to app performance?
My 2 times recently (feb 1 was last time) I’ve been practicing in park and got it down to open from scratch, get all the way in to check status and force close app in 10 seconds total (times over like 50 tries).

I’ve been playing recently as I make plans for Easter trip and opening from scratch is taking 7+seconds just to get past fireworks.
This changes the timing for me as I as a 7:59:57 opener for the BGs.

MiddKid

Has anyone else seen changes to app performance?
My 2 times recently (feb 1 was last time) I’ve been practicing in park and got it down to open from scratch, get all the way in to check status and force close app in 10 seconds total (times over like 50 tries).

I’ve been playing recently as I make plans for Easter trip and opening from scratch is taking 7+seconds just to get past fireworks.
This changes the timing for me as I as a 7:59:57 opener for the BGs.

I don’t have history (first time is this week) but my wife and I are getting 13 seconds on fresh opens. In my post below I “prove” it is related to the profiles for some reason as logging in on my daughter’s profile all three phones load in five seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom