News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chadisa

We can freak out together. Me (and my group of 9) will be there on Thursday, 2/13 from 3,000 miles away. Hoping for a smooth morning!
Hopefully we won’t be aligned in sorrow lol. It’s our one and only day to do the ride. We are doing the VIP option but we are on our own in regards to getting a BG.

mlee10

We go the first week March and as far as I can tell, opening is at 9. I imagine between opening late and MMRR it's going to be a mess. Worried about getting a BG.

Weather_Lady

I'm there the last week of this month, I have 2 days allocated to DHS so I hope to get 2 rides.

We're slated to rope-drop HS on Wednesday 2/19, Saturday 2/22 and Sunday 2/23. We only have until mid-afternoon on 2/19 and 2/23 (we have firm plans and FP+ in other parks for 2/19, and we fly out the evening of 2/23), so if we don't get a decently-low boarding group or if it's down for hours on those days, we'll be out of luck. On 2/22, we've blocked out the whole day to devote to the endeavor, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll get on at least once during our week-long trip. Going to do a "fresh app start a T-5 seconds" method, as that seems to be the most reliable right now, although I'm considering hosting a training camp in my living room in which I force DH and DS to create linked MDE accounts and run through Boarding Group joining drills to potentially improve our odds.

If we can't get on once even with 3 rope drops, you may have to start calling me KatieBug II (coming soon to a theater near you: Katiebug II: Mickey's Magical Bloodbath), because I'm not sure I'll be capable of reacting to the disappointment in a rational manner! ;)

Regardless, I'll keep you all posted on my efforts, @Chadisa, @MiddKid and @Movielover, etc. -- I hope you'll do the same!

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I know everyone is starting to panic a little, but keep in mind that I have never not had a guaranteed group at open. My highest group is 57. I know that changes a little with the 8am open but if you are ready to go and know how to operate the app I gotta think you'd be in a much better position than most other guests also attempting their first ride barring a complete app malfunction.

I will be back this weekend at least once to report so I'm interested to see how it goes with the later open and a weekend.

cinderellafan6

I am literally having anxiety about this. Going this Tues and am so nervous about doing the BG. Neither my BF or myself have the most up to date android phones.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes, backups were showing as available when I restarted.

During the prior efforts with the refresh method, however, I was getting a popup message on a red banner at the bottom of my screen that said all groups had already been assigned whenever I refreshed the "Boarding Status" page after 8:00:00, and then when I tried to back up one screen and click "My Status" or "Join Boarding Group."

It was dead wrong and clearly some kind of glitch because backups were still available at the very least, but it's what I was getting, repeatedly.
Maybe because you're not in the park.

ETA: Seriously, folks... if you're not at the park and you're banging against the servers at opening, you're eating bandwidth that someone in the park can't get. I get the whole "practice" thing, but please don't waste a connection that someone else who's there might need.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Maybe because you're not in the park.

I never get that message when I do a "dry run" with the restart method. It lets me select my party before giving me the expected, "Hold on - is everybody in the park?" message. However, you could be right -- maybe the steps (and error messages) are different if you're trying the refresh method from off-site.

PeoplemoverTTA

I rode RotR on 12/19, which I believe was the first day you entered and waited until 7 to try and get a BG. We were originally booked to visit this week, but switched when holiday deals came out.

I was worried holiday crowds (and trying to ride RotR 2 weeks after opening) would make our trip much more difficult. Turns out, the crowds were very manageable and the BG process couldn’t have gone more smoothly.

I never would have thought that the parks would be slammed now and the process to get a BG (# of groups, app glitches, etc) would be potentially more challenging. I feel for everyone experiencing hiccups right now!

Animaniac93-98

You had thirty seconds today to get a seat on this ride? Anyone not wearing Mickey-shaped glasses has to realize this is an awful guest experience. Would love to know what casual guests think of this process.

I'm sure Disney's own survey team will provide management with an honest, comprehensive overview of their feelings....

lol

KevinPage

BG 36 at 1pm?!?!?!
452303AE-2C9F-4DD9-B62B-082ABFF98567.gif

Jeremy Geertsema

I did the “pull to refresh“ method under My Status in December and it never changed. I went back to the main boarding group screen and pressed the “Jon boarding group” red button instead. Such a finicky process!

MM311

We go the first week March and as far as I can tell, opening is at 9. I imagine between opening late and MMRR it's going to be a mess. Worried about getting a BG.
Right there with you, we are going to DHS 3/1 and 3/5 which is the day after MMRR opens, so I'm sure it will a nightmare, this is worse than 60 Fastpass morning nerves :rolleyes: 😜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom