News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Weather_Lady

Fresh restart failed me 75

FWIW, I was practicing from home and trying the refresh method for the first time. At 8:00:03, I was getting "all boarding groups have already been assigned" popup messages when I tried to swipe down and refresh the "Boarding Status" page (the one you get when you click "My Status") AND when I backtracked and tried to click either "My Status" or "Join Boarding Group" on the prior page, the same message kept popping up. Restarted and was in by 8:00:20 with no errors or pop-ups, but it was already on backup groups...

What a stressful cluster this is going to be in a couple weeks when we're there! Praying it will be worth it.

Last edited:

KevinPage

FWIW, I was practicing from home and trying the refresh method for the first time. At 8:00:03, I was getting "all boarding groups have already been assigned" popup messages when I tried to swipe down and refresh the "Boarding Status" page (the one you get when you click "My Status") AND when I backtracked and tried to click either "My Status" or "Join Boarding Group" on the prior page, the same message kept popping up. Restarted and was in by 8:00:20 with no errors or pop-ups, but it was already on backup groups...

What a stressful cluster this is going to be in a couple weeks when we're there! Praying it will be worth it.

Doesn’t sound right. Will have to wait for reports from the ground. As of 8:20 backup groups are still available.

Weather_Lady

Doesn’t sound right. Will have to wait for reports from the ground. As of 8:20 backup groups are still available.

Yes, backups were showing as available when I restarted.

During the prior efforts with the refresh method, however, I was getting a popup message on a red banner at the bottom of my screen that said all groups had already been assigned whenever I refreshed the "Boarding Status" page after 8:00:00, and then when I tried to back up one screen and click "My Status" or "Join Boarding Group."

It was dead wrong and clearly some kind of glitch because backups were still available at the very least, but it's what I was getting, repeatedly.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

virtual queue was good at opening but it's slowly getting more and more unsustainable as time passes
My biggest issue is the number of groups guaranteed. Which is entirely on choices made by operations, not the boarding groups themselves. To be clear, I would still rather groups than a 180 min standby that breaks down halfway through.

DarkMetroid567

My biggest issue is the number of groups guaranteed. Which is entirely on choices made by operations, not the boarding groups themselves. To be clear, I would still rather groups than a 180 min standby that breaks down halfway through.

right! It, however, is likely how Disney intends on using the system from this point onwards, so it'll reflect poorly.

Seems like VQ is going to be a great short-term solution but a not so great long-term plan.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Screenshot_20200205-080031_Disney World.jpg

Opened the app right at 8am!

BF and his brother tried refreshing and had to close and reopen the app. By that time, I already had our boarding group secure.

In line now but the ride is down

disneygeek90

right! It, however, is likely how Disney intends on using the system from this point onwards, so it'll reflect poorly.

Seems like VQ is going to be a great short-term solution but a not so great long-term plan.
I don’t agree with that, it could definitely work long term. As they continue working out issues we should see more groups, not less. What they guaranteed today would not even match their all time low so it’s just baffling. I’m interested to see if the lower numbers continue through the weekend.

If they don’t even have complete confidence they can load 70 groups today I don’t see what a better option would be than VQ.

dizneycrazy09

I think where the virtual queue system breaks down, especially at a low capacity park like HS, is the amount of people the other rides can consume while the masses wait for their BG. You essentially have a 3+ hour queue that would normally be stuck in line, roaming the park freely and clogging up the rest of the lines.

If HS had additional capacity, I think the virtual queue would work better. Maybe once RR opens, it MIGHT help alleviate some of the stress on the rest of the park. MAYBE.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn't say 'never'. The original goal for DLR was to have them ready at the same time, but the numerous problems they had set them way back (blame Chapek). Once they realized that Rise wasn't going to be ready any time soon, the decision was made to open the land without it. Then that just applied to DHS.

As I understand it:
MFSR - DLR - opened near the original target date
MFSR - DHS - opened early
RotR - DHS - opened near the original target date
RotR - DLR - opened late
Context was to have both lands open at the same time, which was never a likely option.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 446862
Opened the app right at 8am!

BF and his brother tried refreshing and had to close and reopen the app. By that time, I already had our boarding group secure.

In line now but the ride is down
I opened the app two seconds early, added one person to my group and got bg7. Got thru the ride before the stoppage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom