News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Weather_Lady

ETA: Seriously, folks... if you're not at the park and you're banging against the servers at opening, you're eating bandwidth that someone in the park can't get. I get the whole "practice" thing, but please don't waste a connection that someone else who's there might need.

If we're not using Disney WiFi, are we really using bandwidth or app capacity that others in the park would benefit from? (Asking sincerely, as I'm not a techie. I do value the chance to practice ahead of time, but not at the expense of others.)

MJJME

Maybe because you're not in the park.

ETA: Seriously, folks... if you're not at the park and you're banging against the servers at opening, you're eating bandwidth that someone in the park can't get. I get the whole "practice" thing, but please don't waste a connection that someone else who's there might need.

disneygeek90

If we're not using Disney WiFi, are we really using bandwidth or app capacity that others in the park would benefit from? (Asking sincerely, as I'm not a techie. I do value the chance to practice ahead of time, but not at the expense of others.)
To me until you click "join group" past the family and friends screen and get the error you're not in the park you're really not using any more bandwidth on the app than if you were looking for a Space Mountain fastpass.

MJJME

It seems to me Disney has reached a breaking point with this ride and the BG system. ROTR seems to be very flawed with break downs/reliability issues. I think it has come to a point where they need to limit ALL riders to once per week to give people a fair chance of riding it until reliability is fixed. I know I am going to get chastised on this site for that, but it really has become a problem when you have 30 seconds to access the ride

disneygeek90

It seems to me Disney has reached a breaking point with this ride and the BG system. ROTR seems to be very flawed with break downs/reliability issues. I think it has come to a point where they need to limit ALL riders to once per week to give people a fair chance of riding it until reliability is fixed. I know I am going to get chastised on this site for that, but it really has become a problem when you have 30 seconds to access the ride
How many do you think were there on a Wednesday morning that have ridden more than once this week? The problem isn’t the guests that want to ride. It’s that they’ve seemingly cut capacity of guaranteed groups in half.

MJJME

How many do you think were there on a Wednesday morning that have ridden more than once this week? The problem isn’t the guests that want to ride. It’s that they’ve seemingly cut capacity of guaranteed groups in half.
It has capacity and reliability issues. One can (theoretically) be fixed, the other can't. Until it is fixed, they should limit availability. Once you ride it, you are not eligible until 7 days from the day you rode.

disneygeek90

It has capacity and reliability issues. One can (theoretically) be fixed, the other can't. Until it is fixed, they should limit availability. Once you ride it, you are not eligible until 7 days from the day you rode.
What you suggest doesn't actually fix the problems ROTR has. It just puts a bandaid on it to cover up the true issues that need to be resolved by Disney. Guest blaming and even more restrictions aren't the answer in my opinion, and doesn't explain why groups have declined drastically the past month.

MJJME

What you suggest doesn't actually fix the problems ROTR has. It just puts a bandaid on it to cover up the true issues that need to be resolved by Disney. Guest blaming and even more restrictions aren't the answer in my opinion, and doesn't explain why groups have declined drastically the past month.
Right, I agree it doesn't fix the reliability problem. It does fix the accessibility problem. It gives access to people who cannot gain access since it is "sold out" in 30 seconds until they fix the reliability. I think this is very reasonable and does not alienate any groups. I am willing to bet a great deal of people are repeat riders

TalkingHead

What would you rather? People standing in a queue since 8am that are still waiting to ride?

I’m not paid to come up with a solution. But whoever decided on a plan that involves guest anxiously fiddling with their phones for a thirty second window probably shouldn’t be paid, either.

Are they giving vouchers or anything if you waste a day ticket and get screwed by their app?

disneygeek90

Right, I agree it doesn't fix the reliability problem. It does fix the accessibility problem. It gives access to people who cannot gain access since it is "sold out" in 30 seconds until they fix the reliability. I think this is very reasonable and does not alienate any groups. I am willing to bet a great deal of people are repeat riders
I just don't see Disney restricting it that much. There are already complaints you have to be there at open. Now Disney is going to tell someone they can only ride once in their every other year 7 day stay?

TalkingHead

How much downtime has it been averaging? Even if all available rides are claimed within sixty seconds, it still points to this being a joke of an experience for day guests.

MJJME

I just don't see Disney restricting it that much. There are already complaints you have to be there at open. Now Disney is going to tell someone they can only ride once in their every other year 7 day stay?
Something needs to be done. This system right now is not working because of the unreliability. Until they fix it, they need to do something. I think they realized this and that's why they started surveying people. I 100% think they should keep the BG system, but they need to change some things until they are consistently getting 150 BG's per day

disneygeek90

Something needs to be done. This system right now is not working because of the unreliability. Until they fix it, they need to do something. I think they realized this and that's why they started surveying people. I 100% think they should keep the BG system, but they need to change some things until they are consistently getting 150 BG's per day
All this panic didn't start to set in until they pushed the open time back and hour and then made 62 the new normal. If they put one or both of those things back to how they were I'm sure everyone would feel a lot better.

MJJME

All this panic didn't start to set in until they pushed the open time back and hour and then made 62 the new normal. If they put one or both of those things back to how they were I'm sure everyone would feel a lot better.
I agree that should be part of the solution. What about the 9am opening times still scheduled for Easter week? Imagine if that stays as is (which is shouldn't)?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Reminder: This thread is tracking the BG process.

Commentary about the BG whether you think it good or bad is here...

Touchdown

The attraction isn't working as efficiently as possible. That's the issue, not the Virtual Queue.

which goes back to my argument months ago, this thing should be in softs and not officially open.

Imagine being told upon entering by placquard, signs and announcements:

Our coming attraction Rise of the Resistance is in technical rehearsals. It may open to previews for guests today at anytime, however this is not guaranteed, if the attraction is closed you will not be allowed into the area (rope off a large area at opening to allow for a pulse to get to MFSR but after that simply block off all access at the end of the marketplace and tunnel.)

Please check the rides status in the MyDisneyExperience app for full details.

Doesn’t that sound better and put guests in the right frame of mind?

FYI, I did make my complaint to guest services about my situation and was able to get an earlier group (however I was told this was a 1 time thing and would not be extended again) which was more then I expected. Every effect worked except final Kylo was in B mode, I faced the AT-AT head on (I’m pretty sure everything I said was vague enough to not be a spoiler)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom