News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

bclane

Interesting. Despite being in B-mode on both Tuesday and Wednesday last week, he was in A-mode for me at 7:30 this morning. I guess something must have happened earlier today? Or it’s an ongoing issue that they fixed temporarily.
Don’t know when it broke but definitely B mode for me today and it was a team lead that told me about the wrist and not a regular cast member. But who knows... We were given fast passes to return for our party due to the effects being down. Was gonna use them to ride Rise again but the other 4 people in our party wanted to use it for MFSR since they’d never ridden it so we did that. Not the best use of a fast pass that includes Rise but whatever.

disneygeek90

Don’t know when it broke but definitely B mode for me today and it was a team lead that told me about the wrist and not a regular cast member. But who knows... We were given fast passes to return for our party due to the effects being down. Was gonna use them to ride Rise again but the other 4 people in our party wanted to use it for MFSR since they’d never ridden it so we did that. Not the best use of a fast pass that includes Rise but whatever.
are you talking about Kylo on the bridge or Kylo at the end before the escape pods?

DCBaker

Premium Member
6:15pm. Unfortunately not a great recovery this afternoon/evening.

Only managed to call up to group 117 before no more groups were called again.

ETA - group 117 (called around 5:24pm) will end up being the last of the night.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Significant downtime around 1 and 4

68033014-9894-4AEC-8A0A-84973B8FC288.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m not sure how to use spoiler tags but i’m not talking about the one that is there after the ride is basically over but the main character that has more than one animatronic. He was definitely in B mode and will be until they get some part for his wrist.
Code:
[spoiler=optional title] spoiler goes here [/spoiler]

lexcanroar

Hi! I'm new here, apologies if this has already been asked, massively appreciate all the tips and the various methods posted. I'm going to WDW for the first time ever from the UK towards the end of this month; it's quite a short trip as we had to rebook after I lost my passport and couldn't go on my dream trip in January so there's a LOT of pressure to get a BG on our two possible Hollywood Studios days!

I saw that the park opening hours seem to be going up to 8am from tomorrow - do you think that's likely to change or are they going to stick to that from now on? I ask only because I know that over the past couple of months they've been pulling forward the hours to earlier than previously advertised to deal with the crowds for this ride (the original trip I was meant to be on would have ended yesterday, and the opening hours went from 9-8 a few months ago to 8-8 the month before we were due to arrive and then finally 7-8 for the duration of the actual trip).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi! I'm new here, apologies if this has already been asked, massively appreciate all the tips and the various methods posted. I'm going to WDW for the first time ever from the UK towards the end of this month; it's quite a short trip as we had to rebook after I lost my passport and couldn't go on my dream trip in January so there's a LOT of pressure to get a BG on our two possible Hollywood Studios days!

I saw that the park opening hours seem to be going up to 8am from tomorrow - do you think that's likely to change or are they going to stick to that from now on? I ask only because I know that over the past couple of months they've been pulling forward the hours to earlier than previously advertised to deal with the crowds for this ride (the original trip I was meant to be on would have ended yesterday, and the opening hours went from 9-8 a few months ago to 8-8 the month before we were due to arrive and then finally 7-8 for the duration of the actual trip).
Keep checking the posted hours on the official site (and here) especially the day before.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Whelp, not looking good for me today, I was cutting it too close leaving my hotel but felt good until I got to the parking booths at 6:45 and it took what seemed like an eternity. It turns out I picked the only booth that had one person managing both lanes instead of two and one guy talked to her for a full two minutes about God only knows what. 🤬

I got parked at 6:56 and booked it to the entrance and tapped in about 30 seconds after 7:00:00, but the app wouldn’t show me in the park until 3 hard refreshes (fireworks) and the clock hit 7:03. Backup boarding group 87.

So, a new tip comes to mind, don’t leave your hotel by Universal a couple of minutes past 6:30 and expect to get a quality group. 😁

Since I’ll be back for the races in three weeks I’m going to skip it (and the MK super bowl parade) this go around and get started on the 450 mile drive ahead of me.

Until next time:

May the skyliner rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your backpack.
May the sun shine warm upon your fastpass selections;
the rains fall soft upon your poncho and
until we meet again, may your boarding groups be low
and your rides experience no downtime.
- a traditional Disney blessing

Last edited:

JennyMouse26

Hello,
I'm new to the forum so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. What time would you recommend arriving at Hollywood Studios?
We're staying at Universal on our upcoming trip with a hire car so have to deal with the parking booths. Also would it make a difference to take an Lyft/Uber?
It's been quite a few years since I rope dropped and even then we were onsite so I'm a little anxious about the whole process.

MJJME

Hello,
I'm new to the forum so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. What time would you recommend arriving at Hollywood Studios?
We're staying at Universal on our upcoming trip with a hire car so have to deal with the parking booths. Also would it make a difference to take an Lyft/Uber?
It's been quite a few years since I rope dropped and even then we were onsite so I'm a little anxious about the whole process.
recommendation is to be in the security lines 30 mins prior to official park opening (so by 7:30am since official park opening is now scheduled for 8am for the month of February but keep an eye on official opening times as they have changed frequently) . So a lot will depend on whether you drive vs taking uber/lyft………….If you drive, I would give yourself 20 mins to park and get to the front of the gate...……...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom