News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

These are the days, as a local, I'm glad I didn't go through the effort of being there at 7am for BG's. I've already been through the effort only to get my standard BG cancelled once and don't envy non-locals that run into that issue and can't come back the next day. I was fortunate that I went on a Friday (the recent one where they only got through 70 BG's all day) and was able to go back on Saturday. The one plus of that situation was my Saturday FP+ was good at anytime of the day so I got to leisurely arrive to the park and get right on ROTR.
I'd still love to know what would happen if you got there early on Saturday and tried for another group. Could you have gone twice? I don't think we've had any reports of someone trying, but I feel like you should be able to.

WhatJaneSays

I'd still love to know what would happen if you got there early on Saturday and tried for another group. Could you have gone twice? I don't think we've had any reports of someone trying, but I feel like you should be able to.
It’s possible. It’s just a matter getting the perfect combination of being in an early boarding group (probably the very first one) and being able to tap into the ride while boarding passes are still available. It’s just highly unlikely because they’re not normally letting the first group tap in until all the boarding passes are gone.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’s possible. It’s just a matter getting the perfect combination of being in an early boarding group (probably the very first one) and being able to tap into the ride while boarding passes are still available. It’s just highly unlikely because they’re not normally letting the first group tap in until all the boarding passes are gone.
They blocked people from getting a second BG shortly after opening... people like @KevinPage were able to ride multiple times during the first few days

disneygeek90

They blocked people from getting a second BG shortly after opening... people like @KevinPage were able to ride multiple times during the first few days
They blocked people from obtaining two groups in one day. I don't think that the fastpass compensation for not having your group called the previous day should block you from getting another group the next day.

3-D

Ugh; got to the park at 5:30 this morning and got boarding group 47. With dinner reservations at MK tonight, it doesn’t seem like we will be making it onto the ride and this experience today does not make me want to ever try again. Most unmagical. How irresponsible to open a ride and heavily promote it when it is apparently not ready for prime time.

Also, no fast pass compensation unless your group was actually called.

Kamikaze

Originally (when it first opened) you could get multiple BGs in the same day. They put a stop to it after like 3 days.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Originally (when it first opened) you could get multiple BGs in the same day. They put a stop to it after like 3 days.

Disneygeek (I think?) is talking about if the ride goes down and you get a fastpass for the next day, are you able to get into a boarding group the next day AND use your fastpass from the day before (riding twice in the same day using the new process).

KevinPage

12/05 you could get multiple boarding groups but my 27 was called at 9:30am and when scanned in they were already gone

12/06 had 18, called super early (before 7am), as soon as I scanned in, I immediately jumped into a 2nd group, got 28

12/07 had 21, but when scanned in it didn’t remove your group. Once you exited ride a CM scanned your band to “validate it” (term they used). Then and only then could you try again, which I did, and got 92. But that extra 15 minutes in queue and 20 on ride, pushed back your ability over 30 minutes, so it was much later in day

12/08 (day 4), they closed the loophole and you could only get 1 BG per day

gerarar

Premium Member
Ugh; got to the park at 5:30 this morning and got boarding group 47. With dinner reservations at MK tonight, it doesn’t seem like we will be making it onto the ride and this experience today does not make me want to ever try again. Most unmagical. How irresponsible to open a ride and heavily promote it when it is apparently not ready for prime time.

Also, no fast pass compensation unless your group was actually called.
They're currently on BG 43, it won't be long until your group is called.

Also the park opened at 7am, there was really no reason to get there at 5:30am.

With that being said, hope you get to ride and enjoy ROTR.

DennisN

I am in the line. Ride has been down for an hour and 20 minutes, and is still down. They have been giving out water, bananas and popcorn, and Chewbacca is coming through the line now
I waited on Monday for 30+ mins in the hallway where you are assigned your color. I didn't complain, just part of the experience. Later in the day, I checked MDE and had 9 free multi-experience fastpasses (didn't include the big rides). That was an unexpected bonus and much appreciated.

3-D

They're currently on BG 43, it won't be long until your group is called.

Also the park opened at 7am, there was really no reason to get there at 5:30am.

With that being said, hope you get to ride and enjoy ROTR.

Thank you! I hope so too but it’s not looking good. Went back to our room at the Boardwalk after my last message and then saw it was up to group 45 so we headed right back and now it’s delayed. Coupled with the fact that the line seems to be at least an hour after actually getting called, doesn’t look good unless I cancel my dinner plans.

Also, realized 5:30 wasn’t necessary after we got here but we got some bad info about the process yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom