News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

That seems uber quick. Is there something going on this weekend ?
With only 70 groups guaranteed they are probably doing some maintenance to get prepared for the weekend
Maybe they’re expanding the people per group? We’ve seen a lot of people on these boards getting crazy low numbers lately and I’m not sure if that’s due to the reading everyone has been doing here, expanding people per group, or maybe a combination of both.

PeoplemoverTTA

Backup boarding groups closed at 7:22 today and start with group 71.

I feel like you deserve some recognition for being a superstar in this thread. There are of course others, but it seems that especially when this thread drifts a little, or really just when we're all curious about the status of things, you chime in with helpful information.

I have nothing to add, but just wanted to call you out and say "thank you" for your contributions 👍

DCBaker

Premium Member
I feel like you deserve some recognition for being a superstar in this thread. There are of course others, but it seems that especially when this thread drifts a little, or really just when we're all curious about the status of things, you chime in with helpful information.

I have nothing to add, but just wanted to call you out and say "thank you" for your contributions 👍

Thank you! Just hope it's helpful!

skiir97

Stuck at 35? It's like they knew they were going to have another below average day or something. I would love to know if they are indeed giving out less groups because they foresee more downtime or slower progress, and why.

Maybe 2 of the 4 elevators at the end are down so they're running on lower capacity. (just a random guess)

tecowdw

Maybe 2 of the 4 elevators at the end are down so they're running on lower capacity. (just a random guess)
Yes, would sure love to know what happens that causes it to be down an hour+ at times. When they experience a particular problem that requires them to basically reboot the whole ride, it doesn't seem it's so easy to just restart the ride system (like i just reboot my pc/phone when they go wonky). Imagine the technical group of cast members that have to be right there all day long for these unanticipated breakdowns. I suppose just troubleshooting is a time consuming factor each time in and of itself. It has to be the WDW ride that operations/maintenance group has to put the most manpower on every day. Of course, ROTR is no It's A Small World which likely has virtually no maintenance support calls any day.

tecowdw

1pm - again, no new groups called since the last group, 35, at 11:18am.
These are the days, as a local, I'm glad I didn't go through the effort of being there at 7am for BG's. I've already been through the effort only to get my standard BG cancelled once and don't envy non-locals that run into that issue and can't come back the next day. I was fortunate that I went on a Friday (the recent one where they only got through 70 BG's all day) and was able to go back on Saturday. The one plus of that situation was my Saturday FP+ was good at anytime of the day so I got to leisurely arrive to the park and get right on ROTR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom