News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ripken10

People staying on property are some of the biggest planners ahead of any group of people. From Restaurants ressies 6 months ahead to FP 2 months ahead. We all use the internet. We all know what is going on. We know we can go early for ROTR.

We also aren't at the resort for one ride. We have 2 days scheduled for each park, with specific days for each park. If I choose to go and it was the main reason for my vacation, I'm staying at BW, BC, or the dolphin resorts. I'm at the front gate earlier than anyone in a car.

Regarding breakdowns. Who honestly would rather have them wait another month testing and make us wait? I'd rather they get 10000 people on it for the next 30 days, even with break downs. Everyone here in So Cal is complaining that ours hasn't opened. Wish they would open even with bugs.
Making an assumption that people that stay on property are the biggest planners just because you do...well that right there is where you went wrong. This is wrong in so many ways, but it must be true because that's what it is for you.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Has anyone else heard this?
79699630_776256702798054_3263473690901217280_o.jpg

ImperfectPixie

Making an assumption that people that stay on property are the biggest planners just because you do...well that right there is where you went wrong. This is wrong in so many ways, but it must be true because that's what it is for you.
It's not - but people who travel to WDW by plane often are big planners. I personally know someone who doesn't live in Florida and doesn't plan ANYTHING except maybe a nice dinner or two. It blows my mind how much she and her husband are able to accomplish without even making FPs in advance (though I wonder if it has to do with the size of their party...surely 2 people are easier to get day-of FP than 4).

Ripken10

It's not - but people who travel to WDW by plane often are big planners. I personally know someone who doesn't live in Florida and doesn't plan ANYTHING except maybe a nice dinner or two. It blows my mind how much she and her husband are able to accomplish without even making FPs in advance (though I wonder if it has to do with the size of their party...surely 2 people are easier to get day-of FP than 4).
Again, traveling by plane does NOT make you a bigger planner than someone that does not travel by plane. There is no correlation at all.

scottieRoss

I have presumed all along that they would be opening Rise early (before posted park opening), just like they open FOP early every day.
As for everyone saying that Rise will not be open for EMH, I have yet to see that anywhere official. What I do see is a list of attractions that are included in EMH and that list does not have RISE on it.
There is a big difference between NOT saying it is included and saying it is "not included". Bonus points for those playing at home, the list of EMH attractions still says MF:SR is open for EMH starting Sept 1, so it has not been updated since before Galaxy's Edge opened.

ImperfectPixie

Again, traveling by plane does NOT make you a bigger planner than someone that does not travel by plane. There is no correlation at all.
I said "often"...not always. I was also being very specific to people who travel to WDW by plane. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do run a Disney group and talk to LOTS of moms who plan Disney trips for their families, and it's become more rare that people don't book FPs and ADRs long ahead of their trip. I have seen more people using TAs, but those people are still pre-booking FPs and ADRs.

ToTBellHop

That's false information. DHS management will make the determination based on ride uptime over the next few weeks and demand after New Years. I can say with 100% certainty no decision has been made yet.
Exactly. All I’ve heard is boarding groups through the new year, both due to anticipated crowds and anticipated downtime. No one has a crystal ball that can reveal how the ride will be behaving by January.

Lirael

Does anyone know if this will have a single rider line eventually?

And also, speaking of FP+, I assume this will eventually get that. I wonder if they'll rearrange the tiers since this is obviously tier 1 so something is going to have to become tier 2. I'm guessing Alien Swirling Saucers would fall

socalkdg

Considering almost all restaurants and major FP are gone 1 month before our trip In January makes it more than an assumption. That would be considered a fact. Something sorely lacking from many of these discussions.

Disney Analyst

Does anyone know if this will have a single rider line eventually?

And also, speaking of FP+, I assume this will eventually get that. I wonder if they'll rearrange the tiers since this is obviously tier 1 so something is going to have to become tier 2. I'm guessing Alien Swirling Saucers would fall

I don’t know how it could work... the groups get all mixed up during pre show. And even if you have set numbers for preshow... if that single lingers in the big hall, they won’t load with the group they were counted for etc.

Lirael

I don’t know how it could work... the groups get all mixed up during pre show. And even if you have set numbers for preshow... if that single lingers in the big hall, they won’t load with the group they were counted for etc.
Is it not similar to RnR having a preshow? Honest question, because that has a single rider line before the pre show that jumbles queue up so i assumed a single rider line for this was also possible

Lg78eg

We got up at 4:30. Got a Lyft from Beach Club at 5 and were dropped off at the entrance to Hollywood studios at 5:07. Wasn’t that bad. Let into the park around 6:15. Was able to get into boarding group 12 right away. Got on the ride around 6:45 and were able to get into another boarding group. This time 23. The first time we were evacuated after the storm troopers as the ride went down. Got back on around 7:45 and rode all the way through. Our next boarding time was then ready but the line was very long in the cue for others who boarded so we didn’t go. It is doable but for now I recommend getting there early. Lyft was easy and inexpensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom